Rangers TV dropped monthly sub?

Seems to be appearing and disappearing this morning. I've tried a couple of times with VPN and it hasn't shown but others on here have reported it does. You certainly need to be overseas or VPN on in order to see ANY overseas package offered. Been that way for a few months now.

Hopefully they are trying to restore the monthly Unlimited option.
I purchased mine before it went doolally again. Confirmation email sent.

Good luck Bears.

They'll probably make more.
People won't stop supporting Rangers and start shopping with the Mrs or watch hearts cause it cheaper.

They'll mostly buy game to game.
Which will more than make up for any loss from one or two fair weather fans, which in turn improves the chances of the rest of us getting a better deal and better quality going forward.
If monthly isnt available I will just watch it on my iptv so they will lose my money. I was happy paying monthly but stopped it during covid intending to resume when football came back.

And how is paying monthly being a fair weather fan, not everyone has 250 quid to shell out on a service with a terrible track record of reliability. Its doesnt make them less of a fan.

It’s not quite as expensive as a season ticket. It costs £240 for the unlimited package, it’s decent value for money if you are abroad, or like to take a short holiday.
It certainly is value for money but they increased the unlimited annual package cost more than forty quids from last year. It is a big increase.

My £17.25 Legacy cash was taken just 2 days ago mate so, for us, everything looks fine. For now. I fear for how long they will let the Legacy packages run though.
Thanks for the quick reply VBN.Just totting up what I spend PA. RTV 17.25 + 11.25 Club 1872=#342 PA I know they are separate entities, but I still think to chop the RTV subscription(207PA) would be like the club shooting themselves in the foot.Any external pressure influencing this potential decision? I expect that all of the monthly subs will mount up to a fair amount of money.

My legacy £17.50 monthly subscription was cancelled and i no longer have the option to get it back. I had only had the subscription for this most recent season so it may be that I just hadn't had it long enough.

With a VPN on I only seem to be offered the option of the annual unlimited package. I have checked a couple of times today and will so a couple of times again!

Thanks for the quick reply VBN.Just totting up what I spend PA. RTV 17.25 + 11.25 Club 1872=#342 PA I know they are separate entities, but I still think to chop the RTV subscription(207PA) would be like the club shooting themselves in the foot.Any external pressure influencing this potential decision? I expect that all of the monthly subs will mount up to a fair amount of money.

We've two separate issue here as far as I can see. We have guys like you and I on the monthly Legacy at £17.25 whereas guys who signed up to it in February this year onwards are paying £24.

Then there's the fact that the monthly Unlimited no longer seems to be on offer at all (though recent posts suggest it may be making fleeting appearances).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the old £17.25 Legacy packages abandoned and for us to be told to stump up the 'new' rate of £24 per month. I see the logic in that and, whilst it would hurt, I guess its overdue in reality.

However, I wouldn't welcome a move to take the Legacy £17.25 guys plus all the newer £24 a month guys and tell them the monthly option was off the table and we had to pay a flat £240 for the year.

I think the former - an increase to £24 per month for those paying £17.25 - is far more likely than the latter.

From what I've heard it is purely down to the Club trying to establish a more consistent income from RangersTV because, at present, it fluctuates a lot depending on how well, or more relevantly how poorly, the team may be doing.

I can spend that on just 2 games at Ibrox lol
Exactly.
It's supposed to be a money making exercise for the club.

All you hear about is more post match.
More prematch.
Better commentators.
Better quality.
Rangers somehow fixing the fact plenty fans can't work the Internet properly.
Oh, and all at the same price or less.

And if you think Rangers are somehow still under charging for this, you're personally calling people scum and less of a fan.

I think I should just turn up at Ibrox every fortnight with a 5er, and tell them I want Messi in the team on King and Parks expense. And I want in to every game with my fiver cause I just can't afford a season ticket.
Let them know they should probably buy me a few pints in the louden if they can't get me a seat in bar 72.
Oh, and if I'm not back row of Govan front moan like %^*& about the stairs and the view.
See how I get on.

Last edited:
I had a £17.25 monthly subscription but it now won't recognize the email address I used.

I used to sign in with a username. Is it a glitch or have they deleted older members?

I had a £17.25 monthly subscription but it now won't recognize the email address I used.

I used to sign in with a username. Is it a glitch or have they deleted older members?

The whole login process changed back in February when we moved to the new platform. You now login with your email address. If you didn't make sure the email you had registered with them when you started your subscription was still current then it is/was a problem.

If your money is still being taken monthly then I'd suggest you email them and explain you haven't logged in since the changeover and need help. If you cancelled the subscription it might be easier to just sign up again - though it will be at the higher price, at best, or at the annual price of £240 in one go if you want the same Unlimited package.

Have you really not signed in since February?

Is there something I should be checking atm to ensure I can see the games in France when I'm overseas? Just noticed my package finishes at the end of August.

Is there something I should be checking atm to ensure I can see the games in France when I'm overseas? Just noticed my package finishes at the end of August.

I assume you have the Unlimited (overseas) package and not a UK subscription?

If your Unlimited package is still current until the end of August then you should see any forthcoming games. Provided you are overseas - or using a VPN to appear overseas.

If its a UK package you have then you won't get any live away matches but, if a season ticket holder, will get access to home matches via the virtual season ticket package.

I assume you have the Unlimited (overseas) package and not a UK subscription?

If your Unlimited package is still current until the end of August then you should see any forthcoming games. Provided you are overseas - or using a VPN to appear overseas.
Nope, a UK subscription. I was thinking/hoping I could go overseas tomorrow night, log in to my account and watch it live?

It certainly is value for money but they increased the unlimited annual package cost more than forty quids from last year. It is a big increase.

It went up by roughly 33%, which to be fair, is a fair old rise. In my view it still represents value for money if you can’t make it to Ibrox in person.
I’m just glad the monthly option is available again, I sometimes subscribe for a month or two if my shifts are stopping me getting to games.

Nope, a UK subscription. I was thinking/hoping I could go overseas tomorrow night, log in to my account and watch it live?

You don't get live matches on a UK subscription (or very rarely) mate so you are out of luck. Our statement does mention a pay-per-view match option but it reads to me like its for the home friendlies and not the games in France. I could be wrong on that though , as its a bit vague. Worth keeping an eye on it.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/pre-season-fixture-update/4e5mHo2AblIG2o7aFurRKq

The Trophée Veolia will be broadcast exclusively live on Premier Sports in the UK. Rangers games will be broadcast live on RangersTV in all countries outside of the UK and Ireland.

As part of Rangers’ commitment to provide an enhanced RangersTV package to season ticket holders, we are pleased to announce that 20/21 season ticket holders and unlimited international RTV subscribers will be able to access live streams of both Ibrox games on RangersTV at no extra cost.

A pay-per-view option will be offered on RangersTV for other international supporters with Premier Sport broadcasting both Ibrox Coventry City and Motherwell fixtures live in the UK to any non-season ticket holders.

Switch your VPN on lads to outside the UK.

The option is there for £24 a month.

I had to cancel when the season was ended to try save money so I lost my £17.25 deal.

New subs will be £24.

I did exactly the same mate.

Was worried when I started reading this to see monthly (overseas) wasn’t an option anymore. Was kicking myself!

pleased monthly is back even if it is more expensive. Although I’m expecting a big improvement in the quality of the picture/feed especially when you take into account the numbers they are going to have logging on to watch

I'm still not seeing monthly unlimited as an option, but I'm assuming it's not an accident: they must be working on something. I'll be happy to be a paying customer again!

Renewed my annual sub. Had promised myself I wouldnt until I saw how the service turned out but FFS, the season starts tomorrow :eek:

Renewed my annual sub. Had promised myself I wouldnt until I saw how the service turned out but FFS, the season starts tomorrow :eek:

That's my major concern beyond the lump sum: I want to see how the service performs over time without being stuck with it if it doesn't work.

That's my major concern beyond the lump sum: I want to see how the service performs over time without being stuck with it if it doesn't work.
I paid with the PayPal option, might give bit of protection if its a big let down. Hopefully they've got their act together though.

If they are worried about volatile monthly subscriptions they could introduce a monthly charge with a 30 days notice to cancel period, this would avoid a big drop off in January only for people to re subscribe in February

I know it’s a lot of money mate. But if I stayed abroad then I would pay that without any hesitation. It’s just over a fiver a week to see every Rangers domestic game played.
It should be available as a monthly subscription though, $500 is a significant outlay in the current environment. Also living on the other side of the world, lots of games are on at ridiculous o'clock in the morning. There's no way I can watch a Sunday 3pm kickoff (2am in eastern Australia, 5am in NZ, for most of the season) and get up for work the next morning, so if we've got a run of those kickoffs over a few weeks, which happens too often, you're paying for matches you can't really see live.

It’s far easier for a family man to say to his mrs I’m paying £17.25 a month for RTV than it is to explain another £240 lump sum going to Rangers

If there’s no monthly option they’ll lose subscribers
Speak fur yer self I’m telling her tomorrow full year sub , yaaaaasss
We've two separate issue here as far as I can see. We have guys like you and I on the monthly Legacy at £17.25 whereas guys who signed up to it in February this year onwards are paying £24.

Then there's the fact that the monthly Unlimited no longer seems to be on offer at all (though recent posts suggest it may be making fleeting appearances).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the old £17.25 Legacy packages abandoned and for us to be told to stump up the 'new' rate of £24 per month. I see the logic in that and, whilst it would hurt, I guess its overdue in reality.

However, I wouldn't welcome a move to take the Legacy £17.25 guys plus all the newer £24 a month guys and tell them the monthly option was off the table and we had to pay a flat £240 for the year.

I think the former - an increase to £24 per month for those paying £17.25 - is far more likely than the latter.

From what I've heard it is purely down to the Club trying to establish a more consistent income from RangersTV because, at present, it fluctuates a lot depending on how well, or more relevantly how poorly, the team may be doing.
well informed , good post mate , I’m ditching BT and doing yearly sub , can’t leave sky due to the kids but sick off paying different providers to watch my club .

It should be available as a monthly subscription though, $500 is a significant outlay in the current environment. Also living on the other side of the world, lots of games are on at ridiculous o'clock in the morning. There's no way I can watch a Sunday 3pm kickoff (2am in eastern Australia, 5am in NZ, for most of the season) and get up for work the next morning, so if we've got a run of those kickoffs over a few weeks, which happens too often, you're paying for matches you can't really see live.

I agree 100%. I sometimes take out a monthly sub myself if I am going to miss a run of games because of work.

well informed , good post mate , I’m ditching BT and doing yearly sub , can’t leave sky due to the kids but sick off paying different providers to watch my club .

I ditched BT Sport years ago and Sky in February of this year. Never looked back. Been using RangersTV for three years now and, despite the 'bad press' it gets from some on here, can count the serious problems I've had on one hand - and 2 of them were down to the host broadcaster. I even enjoy Tom the Comm.;):)

Just make sure you get a decent VPN - ExpressVPN or NordVPN are best - because the free/cheap ones both slow your download speed dramatically and/or compromise your details. The longer the deal you pay for up front, the cheaper it will be.

'Currently' unavailable rather than 'no longer' available does offer a slight bit of hope that it will return I guess.
I have a hunch and it’s just that while games are behind closed doors the monthly unlimited will be unavailable to save the club getting earache from season ticket holders that if you sign up for a new monthly subscription you will be paying less per game than someone who has a season ticket.i have seen some season ticket holders saying the club should charge the cost of a match ticket to non season ticket holders to view the game on rtv.

I have a hunch and it’s just that while games are behind closed doors the monthly unlimited will be unavailable to save the club getting earache from season ticket holders that if you sign up for a new monthly subscription you will be paying less per game than someone who has a season ticket.i have seen some season ticket holders saying the club should charge the cost of a match ticket to non season ticket holders to view the game on rtv.

Sounds plausible mate. Thankfully my Legacy package just keeps rolling along LOL.

Not so sure, based on folk posting here the need for a VPN is lost on most ;)

Why not move back home then :rolleyes: :D

I ditched BT Sport years ago and Sky in February of this year. Never looked back.Been using RangersTV for three years now and, despite the 'bad press' it gets from some on here, can count the serious problems I've had on one hand - and 2 of them were down to the host broadcaster. I even enjoy Tom the Comm.;):)

Just make sure you get a decent VPN - ExpressVPN or NordVPN are best - because the free/cheap ones both slow your download speed dramatically and/or compromise your details. The longer the deal you pay for up front, the cheaper it will be.
Cheers VB , although I do think you’re on a commission :D

That may be the case and I guess the club will hope that fans will be forced into paying the annual fee rather than wait for the monthly option to possibly return. Seems very unfair to remove the monthly option.

I ditched BT Sport years ago and Sky in February of this year. Never looked back. Been using RangersTV for three years now and, despite the 'bad press' it gets from some on here, can count the serious problems I've had on one hand - and 2 of them were down to the host broadcaster. I even enjoy Tom the Comm.;):)

Is Nord realiable on RTV? I used Express VPN previously and it was good but cancelled it alongside letting my RTV subscription lapse at the end of May. I intended on picking up both again towards the end of this month though it looks like I'll now need to stump up £240 for the season pass and £100 for the VPN!

Is Nord realiable on RTV? I used Express VPN previously and it was good but cancelled it alongside letting my RTV subscription lapse at the end of May. I intended on picking up both again towards the end of this month though it looks like I'll now need to stump up £240 for the season pass and £100 for the VPN!

I use PIA (Private Internet Access) and it works fine. I posted a link the other day to a review of VPNs and the impact they have on your download speed. ExpressVPN and NordVPN were the top two with just a 2% and 3% drop off respectively. PIA was third - but with a 22% drop in speed. The VPN that was in 10th place had a speed drop off around 60% :eek: so you can imagine what the free VPNs do to your speed!

NordVPN comes highly recommended but ExpressVPN is probably just slightly better reviewed.

Back