Rangers TV issues after upgrade

email from worldpay to say account cancelled. Nothing from rangers TV at all! Luckily i read this thread and logged into my account & updated the payment details!

Really poorly handled migration IMO.

What is 'supposed' to happen is that when you login with your old username it will take you to a window asking you to reset your password. An email will then be sent to your registered (on RangersTV) email address with a link to reset your password and then login using your email address and the new password.

Yep. Simples. I jut hope they’ve sorted the PS4 full screen issue.

I've not been through that process but the error message suggests you are entering your cc details without actually selecting payment by cc as the payment method (rather than PayPal for example). I assume that's not the case and its just another glitch?

That’s the thing, there’s no option to select payment by CC. I either have to enter my card details under the address line and hit submit payment or select pay via PayPal option. Not got a PayPal account so can’t go that way.

Must be some sort of glitch but could do with getting it sorted before the game tonight.

That’s the thing, there’s no option to select payment by CC. I either have to enter my card details under the address line and hit submit payment or select pay via PayPal option. Not got a PayPal account so can’t go that way.

Must be some sort of glitch but could do with getting it sorted before the game tonight.

Its a long shot but are you able to first register your account - before selecting a subscription or buying any content for example - and that then lets you watch the free content? You should then be able to go into your account details and add a credit card. Maybe after that you can select to buy a subscription and it will work. All that is guesswork on my part to try and find a workaround.

Seems an unnecessary process though and I'm sure that's not what is intended.

EDIT: Has your account registered at all - ie are you able to access the free content already?

New site is poor for me. Cant get the option to buy the game. Clicked the link above, but then it wont let me bloody log in from that link. Why make it harder to buy games?

New site is poor for me. Cant get the option to buy the game. Clicked the link above, but then it wont let me bloody log in from that link. Why make it harder to buy games?

If you are in the UK you need to have your VPN switched ON in order to see the option to purchase the game. The game is supposed to be available only to overseas purchasers in fairness. Does make it a bit of a pain in the arse though. I guess it avoids 'newbie's' in the UK purchasing a match only to find they cannot view it.

What is 'supposed' to happen is that when you login with your old username it will take you to a window asking you to reset your password. An email will then be sent to your registered (on RangersTV) email address with a link to reset your password and then login using your email address and the new password.

If the email address you use is not recognised as being the one registered on RangersTV - perhaps because you've forgotten to update it or perhaps because their system simply doesn't recognise it - then you have problems. Contacting support may seem a forlorn hope but it seems the obvious way to go.

This is what happened with me my original log in details didn't work as if it never existed.

So I just signed up under the presumption that they would maybe tie the subscription to an email address.

Hopefully get it sorted but doesn't look great.

Subscribed to the highest package on the day of the Tashkent game and only used it for that so bit annoying.

Tbh if it wasn't Rangers I would be doing my nut in will give them a few more days and see what happens.

Its a long shot but are you able to first register your account - before selecting a subscription or buying any content for example - and that then lets you watch the free content? You should then be able to go into your account details and add a credit card. Maybe after that you can select to buy a subscription and it will work. All that is guesswork on my part to try and find a workaround.

Seems an unnecessary process though and I'm sure that's not what is intended.

EDIT: Has your account registered at all - ie are you able to access the free content already?

Yeah my RTV account is registered and my CC details are already saved for when I’ve bought RTV games and travel club tickets in the past.

I’ll give it a try with my uk debit card and see if it works that way

Has anyone lost access to Rangers TV since they updated everything?

Re registered but I am not able to access anything and there appears to be no record of my subscription.

Emailed them about the issue and haven't had any feedback as of yet.

Anyone else had similar issues ?
Pretty much the same here.

This is what happened with me my original log in details didn't work as if it never existed.

So I just signed up under the presumption that they would maybe tie the subscription to an email address.

Hopefully get it sorted but doesn't look great.

Subscribed to the highest package on the day of the Tashkent game and only used it for that so bit annoying.

Tbh if it wasn't Rangers I would be doing my nut in will give them a few more days and see what happens.

I'd say its highly unlikely - in fact I'd say it categorically won't happen - that RangersTV will link your old and new subscriptions together without some intervention between you and them. Not a chance in my view.

You are now likely to have two subscriptions and will be debited twice unless you can sort it out with them. One of the reasons I've been cautioning against folks with ongoing subscriptions re-registering.

Leaving it a few days to 'see what happens' is going to produce zilch in my opinion. I'd keep hassling support and I'd send 'evidence' of your having purchased the monthly subscription at that time and ask them to cancel the second subscription. In your case, but not others, it may be that you took out the subscription just as they were transferring things over. Its not something that will sort itself out - you will need to intervene.

Yeah my RTV account is registered and my CC details are already saved for when I’ve bought RTV games and travel club tickets in the past.

I’ll give it a try with my uk debit card and see if it works that way

The Travel Club stuff and the RangersTV stuff are entirely separate entities though as far as I'm aware. Having your card registered with one may not transfer those same card details across to the other. When you login to RangersTV and go to the Account tab does it show credit card details in there?

Yes mate, I also went into the billing details of my RTV account and added the account details there. When I click the monthly payment option, it takes me back to having to input my details again. Then I just get the same problem all over again.

Yes mate, I also went into the billing details of my RTV account and added the account details there. When I click the monthly payment option, it takes me back to having to input my details again. Then I just get the same problem all over again.

Shambles seems a fair enough description in that case. I'm all out of suggestions mate as, without trying to purchase a subscription myself (I already have one), I can't get to that screen to see what happens. Maybe someone else will come along who's purchased a subscription recently and explain how it worked for them.

Seen lots of issues with folk trying to use PayPal but none regarding credit cards (though a few have said their card was declined because the bank thought it was a fraudulent payment - could investigate that).

Managed to sort it. I used my work email address and signed up to a new RTV account. My private email address was used previously on RTV, so I'm guessing with all the updates it doesn't like my old email account details any longer.

Happy it's sorted but what a carry on.

Managed to sort it. I used my work email address and signed up to a new RTV account. My private email address was used previously on RTV, so I'm guessing with all the updates it doesn't like my old email account details any longer.

Happy it's sorted but what a carry on.

Provided you didn't have an ongoing subscription under the old account you should be fine. If you did, you may have two subs coming out. Might be an idea to remove your credit card details from the old subscription account?

If you are in the UK you need to have your VPN switched ON in order to see the option to purchase the game. The game is supposed to be available only to overseas purchasers in fairness. Does make it a bit of a pain in the arse though. I guess it avoids 'newbie's' in the UK purchasing a match only to find they cannot view it.

My VPN is on mate, using NORD. As I say, i am able to log in and watch highlights etc, but I cant find the option to buy tonight's game. When I clicked on the "join the action" link posted on this thread it brings up the option to buy the game, but wont let me log into my account!

My VPN is on mate, using NORD. As I say, i am able to log in and watch highlights etc, but I cant find the option to buy tonight's game. When I clicked on the "join the action" link posted on this thread it brings up the option to buy the game, but wont let me log into my account!

Logging in first and then clicking on the Subscribe to RangersTV tab should take you to the same page that lets you purchase the match. Obviously, as I have the unlimited subscription, when I do that it warns me that I already have a subscription that entitles me to view the match. If I do it without signing in first it asks me to register for an account.

If you've not already tried it, login first, then click on Subscribe to RangersTV tab, then try to purchase the match and see what it says. Its a long-shot though and I doubt it will be any different to what you are seeing so far.

Logging in first and then clicking on the Subscribe to RangersTV tab should take you to the same page that lets you purchase the match. Obviously, as I have the unlimited subscription, when I do that it warns me that I already have a subscription that entitles me to view the match. If I do it without signing in first it asks me to register for an account.

If you've not already tried it, login first, then click on Subscribe to RangersTV tab, then try to purchase the match and see what it says. Its a long-shot though and I doubt it will be any different to what you are seeing so far.

I'll give that a go mate. Once the game is purchased (if it works) where do I then find it to watch tonight mate? Sorry for the questions

I'll give that a go mate. Once the game is purchased (if it works) where do I then find it to watch tonight mate? Sorry for the questions

Click on the Live tab. Next page will list both the video and audio options for tonight. Currently greyed out but they turn 'clickable' nearer kick-off time.

i used my email address instead of username in the new system, along with my password. Then got prompted to insert email address again for password reset. email received clicked the link and followed instructions. All sorted for mine.

This is what you need to do. You do not have to re-register. If there's any issues with it not recognising your email address you'll have to email them, if you're certain the email address is correct.

This will be a stupid question for most of you, but I’m not the best when it comes to this and to be honest I think I know the answer.

Anyway, if I buy tonight’s game on my phone through my VPN, will it be available either through my PS4 browser or tv browser without a VPN attached? Or would I have to watch it on my phone with the VPN on and somehow cast that to my tv? I’m thinking I need to watch it through my phone.

It’s an IPhone se I have (ancient, I know :)) ) and an LG smart tv.

I will let you know once I've measure this piece of string.;)

The last word was 'before Christmas'. My suspicion is they have run into more teething problems than they expected - particularly in transferring folks accounts over - and its gone on the back-burner a wee bit.

FWIW I don't think it will make a jot of difference to the streaming experience (which is fine for me in any case) but it will make accessing the content to watch Away Days, Training Videos etc much, much easier.

The android app will be ideal for the Firestick. Should make the streaming experience much smoother if it's a standalone app rather than via the browser on there.

This will be a stupid question for most of you, but I’m not the best when it comes to this and to be honest I think I know the answer.

Anyway, if I buy tonight’s game on my phone through my VPN, will it be available either through my PS4 browser or tv browser without a VPN attached? Or would I have to watch it on my phone with the VPN on and somehow cast that to my tv? I’m thinking I need to watch it through my phone.

It’s an IPhone se I have (ancient, I know :)) ) and an LG smart tv.

The geo-checking will be in force for the stream so it will need to be watched on a device with the VPN on. To be honest I wouldn't recommend using a SmartTV browser in any case, they don't have the 'oomph' in most cases. Casting to the TV might be a challenge - not something I've tried though I've read folk talk about using a Chromecast, for example.

Need to check the live stream, as always, it will take a bit of getting used to where to find the replays now.

The geo-checking will be in force for the stream so it will need to be watched on a device with the VPN on. To be honest I wouldn't recommend using a SmartTV browser in any case, they don't have the 'oomph' in most cases. Casting to the TV might be a challenge - not something I've tried though I've read folk talk about using a Chromecast, for example.

Thanks VB.

Yeah I’ve got a Chromecast so I’ll try it tonight although I don’t think it worked last time for RTV. If not it will be on my phone anyway.

Cheers.

Ive just tried to log in but it doesnt recognise my email address even though Ive used it for 3 years. Ive had to communication from them re the upgrade. Only info Ive had is on here.

Has anyone lost access to Rangers TV since they updated everything?

Re registered but I am not able to access anything and there appears to be no record of my subscription.

Emailed them about the issue and haven't had any feedback as of yet.

Anyone else had similar issues ?
Yeah mate had the same issue. Had to register again then they charged me for the old sub as well. They were pretty quick getting back to me to sort a refund though

Yeah mate had the same issue. Had to register again then they charged me for the old sub as well. They were pretty quick getting back to me to sort a refund though

That's encouraging in a way. First post I've seen by someone who re-registered and then managed to get the old legacy subscription refunded and, presumably, the old subscription cancelled. Only downside might be that you are now on the more expensive subscription. Is that the case mate or did they cancel the new, more expensive subscription (I think I can guess the answer)?

Essential, nevertheless, that those who re-registered as a 'quick fix' maintain - or establish - contact with RangersTV to get their old subscription sorted out or they will end up paying twice.

Email address not recognised when trying to sign in but can't re-register with same email address?

Tried another email address that I've also used before, same issue.

They should have just left it with a username required.

Pain in the fucking arse and emails not replied to :rolleyes:

Email address not recognised when trying to sign in but can't re-register with same email address?

Tried another email address that I've also used before, same issue.

They should have just left it with a username required.

Pain in the fucking arse and emails not replied to :rolleyes:

Have used a 3rd email address and finally managed to re-register - where do you click to subscribe for tonights game?

Edit:

Got it :)

Have used a 3rd email address and finally managed to re-register - where do you click to subscribe for tonights game?

Edit:

Got it :)

You're still gonna need to chase them to cancel the older subscription or you will end up paying twice.

So many folks are re-registering as a 'quick fix'. I'd be very, very wary of this. You may end up paying two subscriptions. If you're on the monthly package at £17.25 per month (or £24pm under the new prices) that's quite a hit.

If you have a 'live' subscription I'd persevere with the support guys - as poor as their service is.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com
Yeah i'm just a £6pm subscriber for additional content only as I'm lucky enough to be local so I took that calculated risk - significantly more for others, of course

You're still gonna need to chase them to cancel the older subscription or you will end up paying twice.

Given their lack of response to my earlier emails I'll leave and check my bank account later.

Probably innundated just now so will message tomorrow if need be.

The incomptence though isn't something we should be experiencing from a club of our size and stature.

If the email address you use is not recognised as being the one registered on RangersTV - perhaps because you've forgotten to update it or perhaps because their system simply doesn't recognise it - then you have problems. Contacting support may seem a forlorn hope but it seems the obvious way to go.
Thanks bro,I am in touch with them,but no solution yet,when I tried to register again it said my email address was already in use

That's encouraging in a way. First post I've seen by someone who re-registered and then managed to get the old legacy subscription refunded and, presumably, the old subscription cancelled. Only downside might be that you are now on the more expensive subscription. Is that the case mate or did they cancel the new, more expensive subscription (I think I can guess the answer)?

Essential, nevertheless, that those who re-registered as a 'quick fix' maintain - or establish - contact with RangersTV to get their old subscription sorted out or they will end up paying twice.
I was asking about the old sub and wether I will still be on that price (as they now have proof that I was on it) or if I was going to be kept on the new sub price. They never got back to me after that msg. They were fine before that and took my bank statements and then said they'd reimburse me but nothing after that

i had to resubscribe with all my identical details but i've lost all the content i had purchased like away days and inside Ibrox

Just had it confirmed that any bought content from the previous rangers TV site will not be migrated over and is now lost to those who bought it, that is a bit sh1t from the club

Ive had to re-register with RTV today as it didnt recognise my email address that I have been using for years. I dont pay a subscription, just pay for games as and when i need to. Im now logged in with vpn on but cant work out where/how to purchase the game tonight. Any suggestions?

Email just received from WorldPay advising rangers have cancelled the reoccurring transaction. My log in is fine as I sorted it out on Friday and updated my card details. When I log in it still says the £17.25 legacy subscription is in place.

I'm hoping it will still be fine for tonight

I'm sick of them and their so-called support. This has been rumbling on for a few days now and still not resolved. My email isn't recognised for some reason (the only email I have used for years) I'm not willing to re-subscribe as I am an annual unlimited subscriber with 6 months left so essentially nearly £100 worth.

Back