Rangers TV issues after upgrade

I'm not sure you will find anything that ISN'T simply a mirroring device to be honest.

I know little of AppleTV - out of interest does that not just mirror your device as well? I've considered looking for a second-hand one in the past then I saw your had run into issues with using it on the new platform.

Via Apple TV the non-VPN stuff will cast full screen in full HD seamlessly to my tv. The old player would cast this way
Screen mirroring option is as you’ve described, bars around the edges with awful picture quality.

Via Apple TV the non-VPN stuff will cast full screen in full HD seamlessly to my tv. The old player would cast this way
Screen mirroring option is as you’ve described, bars around the edges with awful picture quality.

Thanks for that. In fairness picture quality wasn't awful but it was far from perfect - as you suggest. I stuck the adapter in a drawer and haven't used it since tbh.:confused:

I'm still interested in AppleTV if the issues are resolved. You mention 'non-VPN' stuff. What about streaming with the VPN on? Does (or rather 'did') the picture fill the screen and is/was the stream 'smooth'? I also recall reading something about earlier generations of AppleTV not doing this so well.

Maybe I changed my username at the same time as I changed my password, can't recall. I knew I'd had a WorldPay account created because WorldPay sent me the two emails with the username and password. From what you say, it sounds like you had/have one as well - if you kept or can remember the login details. You've sent in your Credit Card statement now so I guess its a moot point in any case.

Yes I got the emails. I'm guessing that others on this thread may have forgotten that they did. In fact I didn't realise that I had a WP account earlier in the season, as I upgraded to the full package for a month and then realised that I was going to be charged twice, as I had created another WP account. This time my username was my first and last name with a '2' added to the end. Luckily I found my original emails from WP and cancelled my subscription on my first account.

It looks like going forward there will be better integration with RTV and billing.

Thanks for that. In fairness picture quality wasn't awful but it was far from perfect - as you suggest. I stuck the adapter in a drawer and haven't used it since tbh.:confused:

I'm still interested in AppleTV if the issues are resolved. You mention 'non-VPN' stuff. What about streaming with the VPN on? Does (or rather 'did') the picture fill the screen and is/was the stream 'smooth'? I also recall reading something about earlier generations of AppleTV not doing this so well.

Hmm, home from work now and giving it a bash with a replay of last nights game.
With iPad, VPN on I can screen mirror but get lots of black bars with poor PQ.
With iPhone, VPN on it casts perfectly with 1080p picture.

Hmm, home from work now and giving it a bash with a replay of last nights game.
With iPad, VPN on I can screen mirror but get lots of black bars with poor PQ.
With iPhone, VPN on it casts perfectly with 1080p picture.

Now that’s weird. Something to do with the screen resolution on the iPad versus the iPhone I assume. You’d have thought AppleTV would have been optimised for both. Maybe something in the Settings you can change? Hopefully someone with more knowledge (than me) on AppleTV will come along and advise.

Next step is to try it with VPN on for a live stream. I think that is where you have been having issues is it not?

Now that’s weird. Something to do with the screen resolution on the iPad versus the iPhone I assume. You’d have thought AppleTV would have been optimised for both. Maybe something in the Settings you can change? Hopefully someone with more knowledge (than me) on AppleTV will come along and advise.

Next step is to try it with VPN on for a live stream. I think that is where you have been having issues is it not?

Yeah, will report back on Sunday....

Yeah, will report back on Sunday....

Wouldn't it be great if the forthcoming App had an AirPlay icon to cast to AppleTV (don’t hold your breath)?

On the black bars from iPad, this is what Apple say:

Your TV uses your iOS device's screen orientation and aspect ratio. To fill your TV screen with the mirrored iOS device screen, change your TV's aspect ratio or zoom settings

Last edited:
Keep getting '' sorry we could not find your account''.Also saying we can't recognise your e mail address

You have a couple of choices. If you have an ongoing monthly subscription then you will need to contact support and try and sort this out. Either you‘ve forgotten to update the email address RangersTV use for you or their systems have ‘lost’ it. Either way, your money will keep getting taken until you either get them to cancel it or transfer it across under your email address.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

If you don’t have an ongoing subscription you could just abandon the old account and re-register for a new one.

Main thing to avoid is re-registering and leaving the old subscription running, or you could be debited twice every month - once for each account.

So works ok for me on my phone (Android).
Doesn't seem to work via the browser in my TV (web OS).
Hope they resolve it as I won't keep a sub just for my phone.

I'm having trouble with the log-in on my iPad (4). I read that Safari is not the best browser to use but I don't think I can change my browser.
Any suggestions appreciated.

So works ok for me on my phone (Android).
Doesn't seem to work via the browser in my TV (web OS).
Hope they resolve it as I won't keep a sub just for my phone.

SmartTV web browsers are shite. They just don't have the 'oomph' for RangersTV. You will be very lucky if you have one that works - and that's not the fault of RangersTV but of the weakness of the TV browser.

Your best option is a laptop hooked up via HDMI.

If you can't do that then there are lightning to HDMI adapters that will let you hook up your iPhone to the TV by cable (hit or miss with the fake ones though - most will work but may not be brilliant). I've linked a cheap one below that was recommended on here; it works, but on one of my TVs (an older Samsung) it doesn't fill the screen and there is no means by which I can make it do so. On the other (a newsish LG) I can fill the screen by changing the Picture Settings on the TV. The picture is watchable but not as 'smooth' as on laptop.

You could wait in the hope that the forthcoming app has an AirPlay icon that lets you cast to the TV via AppleTV (can be had cheapish second hand) or you could look at something like a Chromestick to aid casting or a Firestick.

EDIT: Oops, missed that you were Android. Casting is your best option., Mentioned earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with the log-in on my iPad (4). I read that Safari is not the best browser to use but I don't think I can change my browser.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Working fine on my 2018 iPad. What do you mean by 'trouble logging in'? What happens?

SmartTV web browsers are shite. They just don't have the 'oomph' for RangersTV. You will be very lucky if you have one that works - and that's not the fault of RangersTV but of the weakness of the TV browser.

If you can't do that then there are lightning to HDMI adapters that will let you hook up your iPhone to the TV by cable (hit or miss with the fake ones though - most will work but may not be brilliant). I've linked a cheap one below that was recommended on here; it works, but on one of my TVs (an older Samsung) it doesn't fill the screen and there is no means by which I can make it do so. On the other (a newsish LG) I can fill the screen by changing the Picture Settings on the TV. The picture is watchable but not as 'smooth' as on laptop.

You could wait in the hope that the forthcoming app has an AirPlay icon that lets you cast to the TV via AppleTV (can be had cheapish second hand) or you could look at something like a Chromestick to aid casting or a Firestick.

Not sure I agree about the SmartTV Browsers. With the previous solution it worked absolutely perfectly for me WebOS. Yes the browser is slow, but it worked and I was able to watch a match without much faffing around. The problem with WebOS is that the web page itself does just not work (click on login and nothing happens for example) - that is a problem with how the page is designed,

Since the "upgrade" I chromecasted the first match from my phone. It worked OK but still did pause fairly ofter.

With the St Mirren match it paused even more to begin with and then the picture dimmed after half an hour, forcing me to change to a PC and HDMI. Which worked OK, but in this day and age feels like going back 5years in functionality.

Oh yeah - I am abroad so don't need VPN - For me at least it nevered buffered or paused before - now it does.

Yes, worked fine before the upgrade.
Looks Ike I can cast the content now anyway so all good.

Not sure I agree about the SmartTV Browsers. With the previous solution it worked absolutely perfectly for me WebOS. Yes the browser is slow, but it worked and I was able to watch a match without much faffing around. The problem with WebOS is that the web page itself does just not work (click on login and nothing happens for example) - that is a problem with how the page is designed,

Since the "upgrade" I chromecasted the first match from my phone. It worked OK but still did pause fairly ofter.

With the St Mirren match it paused even more to begin with and then the picture dimmed after half an hour, forcing me to change to a PC and HDMI. Which worked OK, but in this day and age feels like going back 5years in functionality.

Oh yeah - I am abroad so don't need VPN - For me at least it nevered buffered or paused before - now it does.

We will have to agree to disagree mate. I wouldn't recommend using a SmartTV browser to anyone. Not in a million years. Even just using it to watch videos from RangersTV the results are poor and far from 'smooth'. Although, I'd have to say, on my LG TV there is no problem logging in whatsoever, works for me as it should using the Smart Remote. It cannot, therefore, be the design of the webpage. Which takes us back to TV browsers being shit.

I will concede that the new platform certainly seems more demanding - be that on the VPN (if you use one) or on the browser. Which takes us back, again, to TV browsers being shit. Perhaps that could improve with a dedicated App, perhaps not.

Working fine on my 2018 iPad. What do you mean by 'trouble logging in'? What happens?

Afraid mine is 2013ish. Time to update!!
Anyway, I registered and paid an annual sub £60 at the weekend, but when I tap log-in nothing happens,no log-in box. I tried to change browser but it seems you can’t change on this model.I have emailed a few times but no joy.

Afraid mine is 2013ish. Time to update!!
Anyway, I registered and paid an annual sub £60 at the weekend, but when I tap log-in nothing happens,no log-in box. I tried to change browser but it seems you can’t change on this model.I have emailed a few times but no joy.

Close Safari. Clear cache/cookies (Settings - Safari - scroll down to Clear History and Website Data and click on it). Try starting Safari again (it will probably load and then shut itself down immediately). Load it again, go to RangersTV and try logging in again. Good Luck. For me, its logging out on my iDevices that's the problem not logging in.

As a matter of interest, can you login on any other devices, phone. laptop etc?

How do you close Safari?

Same as any other app. Swipe up slowly and you will see thumbnails of all the open apps you have. You then swipe them up and away to close them fully. Have you not closed an app in 4 years?:eek:

EDIT: Actually, on the older ipads its a double-tap on the Home button. I forgot you were iPad 4.

To start, open up the app switcher by double-pressing the Home button (note that you’re actually pressing the button down here—you aren’t just tapping the Touch ID sensor). You’ll get a series of icons and app thumbnails you can swipe through. If you want to switch to another app, simply tap on the app’s icon or thumbnail.

To close an app, though, simply swipe upward on that app’s thumbnail until you flick it off of the screen. You can close just one app, or close them all if you like. Once you’re done, either tap on an open app or press the Home button.

You have a couple of choices. If you have an ongoing monthly subscription then you will need to contact support and try and sort this out. Either you‘ve forgotten to update the email address RangersTV use for you or their systems have ‘lost’ it. Either way, your money will keep getting taken until you either get them to cancel it or transfer it across under your email address.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

If you don’t have an ongoing subscription you could just abandon the old account and re-register for a new one.

Main thing to avoid is re-registering and leaving the old subscription running, or you could be debited twice every month - once for each account.
ive sent an email to that address so will see if i get a response

Same as any other app. Swipe up slowly and you will see thumbnails of all the open apps you have. You then swipe them up and away to close them fully. Have you not closed an app in 4 years?:eek:

EDIT: Actually, on the older ipads its a double-tap on the Home button. I forgot you were iPad 4.

To start, open up the app switcher by double-pressing the Home button (note that you’re actually pressing the button down here—you aren’t just tapping the Touch ID sensor). You’ll get a series of icons and app thumbnails you can swipe through. If you want to switch to another app, simply tap on the app’s icon or thumbnail.

To close an app, though, simply swipe upward on that app’s thumbnail until you flick it off of the screen. You can close just one app, or close them all if you like. Once you’re done, either tap on an open app or press the Home button.

I've tried that already.
It does work on a laptop (microsoft edge).

I've tried that already.
It does work on a laptop (microsoft edge).

At least you can take comfort in the fact that your email was recognised and you've been able to setup/access your account.

No idea why your iPad won't let you login - even though it is an older model. I assume you have updated to the latest version of iOS possible for your device? Only thing left I can suggest is that old favourite - turn it off and then turn it on again. Shut down the iPad completely and then reboot to see if it makes any difference. Long shot but, weirdly, it solved an issue I had with pages loading on the official site the other day. Failing that, we might get an App one day. Maybe.

RTV support told me on December 23rd they couldn’t downgrade my subscription so they cancelled my subscription and told me to reregister on the £5a month plan which I was set to do upon the month expiring yesterday

Checked my bank and they’ve taken £17.50 from me on wednesday. So despite me personally cancelling a month ago and apparently EVERYONE getting cancelled a week ago, the STILL took money from me.

Emailed them on Wednesday. Still not reply.

What a shambles

RTV support told me on December 23rd they couldn’t downgrade my subscription so they cancelled my subscription and told me to reregister on the £5a month plan which I was set to do upon the month expiring yesterday

Checked my bank and they’ve taken £17.50 from me on wednesday. So despite me personally cancelling a month ago and apparently EVERYONE getting cancelled a week ago, the STILL took money from me.

Emailed them on Wednesday. Still not reply.

What a shambles

You are wrong to say everyone was cancelled a week ago. Seems like its a rolling process as they transfer folks over. For example, my next monthly payment is due on 13 Feb and my WorldPay account still shows RangersTV subscription as being 'live'. I expect RangersTV to cancel it and transfer it before 13 Feb but will be keeping an eye on things.

Do you know if the payment was taken by the old provider WorldPay? If so, you can cancel direct with them (that's always been the easiest way in truth). You should have been emailed a login and password from WorldPay when you first started your subscription (you did keep it, didn't you?). Simply login to the site linked below, click on your agreement ID and on the next page click on Cancel. Job's a good 'un.

In the meantime you are 'stuck' with the Unlimited package you've paid for until this time next month - then do as you planned with the new subscription.

If the payment has been taken by the new provider I have no idea other than contacting support. From WorldPay I always got a monthly email saying they'd taken my subs. Dunno if you did/do. If you can access your WorldPay account the debit will show in there. For banking, my WorldPay debits showed as follows, no idea what shows for the new provider:

PURCHASE - DOMESTIC GLASGOW G51 WWW.RANGERSFC.CO.UK(TV

Last edited:
Update...I tried signing into Rangers TV again and it’s now giving me the option to play last nights game without the VPN on. Strange.
The only time you should need a VPN is to buy match package for live games and to watch live games not available in the UK.

You are wrong to say everyone was cancelled a week ago. Seems like its a rolling process as they transfer folks over. For example, my next monthly payment is due on 13 Feb and my WorldPay account still shows RangersTV subscription as being 'live'. I expect RangersTV to cancel it and transfer it before 13 Feb but will be keeping an eye on things.

Do you know if the payment was taken by the old provider WorldPay? If so, you can cancel direct with them (that's always been the easiest way in truth). You should have been emailed a login and password from WorldPay when you first started your subscription (you did keep it, didn't you?). Simply login to the site linked below, click on your agreement ID and on the next page click on Cancel. Job's a good 'un.

In the meantime you are 'stuck' with the Unlimited package you've paid for until this time next month - then do as you planned with the new subscription.

If the payment has been taken by the new provider I have no idea other than contacting support. From WorldPay I always got a monthly email saying they'd taken my subs. Dunno if you did/do. If you can access your WorldPay account the debit will show in there. For banking, my WorldPay debits showed as follows, no idea what shows for the new provider:

PURCHASE - DOMESTIC GLASGOW G51 WWW.RANGERSFC.CO.UK(TV

What I mean is Rangers have committed to cancelling everyone’s subscription last week. Meaning nobody should have any more money taken from WorldPay after the launch f the new service. So including my own cancellation that’s twice it should have been cancelled but hasn’t been

What I mean is Rangers have committed to cancelling everyone’s subscription last week. Meaning nobody should have any more money taken from WorldPay after the launch f the new service. So including my own cancellation that’s twice it should have been cancelled but hasn’t been

I understood that mate but the point I was making was that the cancellation and transferring of accounts seems to be a rolling process. I have a while to go before my next payment so RTV transferring my payment is at the back of the queue, behind those who's payments were due earlier than me. If you see what I mean? I don't think that all WorldPay accounts were cancelled and everyone transferred on a single, given day. In fact I've only seen a handful of posters on here say they've had the email from WorldPay saying their subscription had been cancelled by RangersTV. I expect we will all get one from WorldPay as and when our account is cancelled and transferred.

More importantly, and getting to the real point, can you access your WorldPay account? If you can, you can cancel the next payment right now. Your RangersTV will still work on the Unlimited for the remainder of the month and then you can start your new subscription. RangersTV could have handled it much better, of course, but you have it within your gift to sort it out for yourself.

Finally got some clarity on why my email / account was unrecognised.

had assumed I was still on the £5 a month subscription but turns out it was cancelled in May 2019. So I’ve been getting it free since then without realising.

Despite using a VPN on two different browsers I'm not getting the option to purchase the Hearts game. Anyone else having these issues?

Despite using a VPN on two different browsers I'm not getting the option to purchase the Hearts game. Anyone else having these issues?

You looking in the right place? You need to click on the Subscribe to RangersTV tab - with the VPN on - to get the option to purchase a game.

Failing that, it’s the old delete cache/clear cookies routine,

You looking in the right place? You need to click on the Subscribe to RangersTV tab - with the VPN on - to get the option to purchase a game.

Failing that, it’s the old delete cache/clear cookies routine,
Cheers VB. I was looking at "Live games" instead of under Subscribe. Payment sorted - let's see how it works under the new system.

Cheers VB. I was looking at "Live games" instead of under Subscribe. Payment sorted - let's see how it works under the new system.

Yeah, seems a bizarre place to ‘hide’ the option to purchase. The obvious place is where you say. Pretty sure you can check your Account page to make sure the purchase has registered.

Enjoy.:)

I get an email every day saying my card has been declined. Have triple checked the card details and they are correct. Even tried changing it to PayPal payment instead but end up getting an error message. Anyone else in the same boat?

I get an email every day saying my card has been declined. Have triple checked the card details and they are correct. Even tried changing it to PayPal payment instead but end up getting an error message. Anyone else in the same boat?

Are you sure your bank haven’t blocked the payment on the basis it looks ‘fraudulent’? Seen a few folk report this for payments to the new provider. Possibly the bank seeing the old WorldPay debit to RangersTV and then another, similar payment to RangersTV comes up to the new provider. Just a guess, by the way.

Are you sure your bank haven’t blocked the payment on the basis it looks ‘fraudulent’? Seen a few folk report this for payments to the new provider. Possibly the bank seeing the old WorldPay debit to RangersTV and then another, similar payment to RangersTV comes up to the new provider. Just a guess, by the way.
Could be but I normally get notified when a card transaction is declined. Will investigate.

No idea what’s going on with this. Says when I log in I have the Rangers TV Monthly Standard (Legacy) - £5 a month. Payment due start of February but received an email saying that it’s been cancelled?

Anyone clarify as Rangers TV themselves not the most helpful.

No idea what’s going on with this. Says when I log in I have the Rangers TV Monthly Standard (Legacy) - £5 a month. Payment due start of February but received an email saying that it’s been cancelled?

Anyone clarify as Rangers TV themselves not the most helpful.

Yes I can clarify. Everything is fine and working as it should be. RangersTV have stopped your subscription payment taken by the old collector, WorldPay, and transferred it to the new provider. We were warned in the email sent out by RangersTV, and posted on here several times, that this would happen. The fact that your account shows a continuation of the £5 legacy subscription (rather than a new £6 subscription) is what you want to see.

From the email:

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

I'm getting exactly same issue. I've tried redoing cats details, tried using paypal but still no luck.

I've opened a new online bank account and should have my card in a few days which I will try but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to phone or email rtv

Yes I can clarify. Everything is fine and working as it should be. RangersTV have stopped your subscription payment taken by the old collector, WorldPay, and transferred it to the new provider. We were warned in the email sent out by RangersTV, and posted on here several times, that this would happen. The fact that your account shows a continuation of the £5 legacy subscription (rather than a new £6 subscription) is what you want to see.

From the email:

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

Received my WorldPay cancellation letter today and emailed RTV for confirmation that if I do 'NOTHING' the payment will come out on normal date. Also asked for confirmation that bank account info 'ONLY' required 'IF' I wanted to change or update my details.
Within 15 minutes their reply confirmed the above. :))

Received my WorldPay cancellation letter today and emailed RTV for confirmation that if I do 'NOTHING' the payment will come out on normal date. Also asked for confirmation that bank account info 'ONLY' required 'IF' I wanted to change or update my details.

Thanks for the info - I was going to re-subscribe manually :rolleyes:

Excellent mate. Exactly as they were aiming for. My sub is not due until 13 Feb and I expect they are working through them in date order so I won’t hear from WorldPay for a couple of weeks I’d imagine.

I’ve entered my credit card details on RangersTV site but that’s just because I’m a bit OCD about these things ha ha.

Back