Rangers TV - Logging Out

kensington blue nose

I just bought the game for tonight via the website but want to log out so I can then log back in again on my smart tv later.

RTV won't log me out for some reason.

Am I missing something?

I just bought the game for tonight via the website but want to log out so I can then log back in again on my smart tv later.

Am I missing something?

try logging out from a different page - I noticed the my account page didn’t let me log out earlier. I’ve flagged it.

Am I missing something?
you are not alone , i had this issue at the weekend for the dundee utd game , rtv on firefox kept auto logging back in ,and also not playing the game , so reason for trying to log out was to open edge to play game so i could stream to tv .
eventually the ipad app decided it would work but missed most of the prematch show .

I reckon there should be an option to unlog all devices in your account managment added to RTV , to save on this issue re-occuring.
One can but hope .

My problem is I can't log in on the Ap.

That might be because you are logged in on another device still... RTV does not let you be logged in on multiple devices.
This is why I was trying to be proactive and log-out on the laptop to allow no issues when logging in on the Smart TV... can't even do that!!

If i clear cookies/passwords etc from everything, will that work??

Trouble is it is a work laptop and I'll have to log in on all work stuff again if that is the way I have to go!!

That might be because you are logged in on another device still... RTV does not let you be logged in on multiple devices.
This is why I was trying to be proactive and log-out on the laptop to allow no issues when logging in on the Smart TV... can't even do that!!

Trouble is it is a work laptop and I'll have to log in on all work stuff again if that is the way I have to go!!
Perfect thanks I'll give it a go

Nope it's saying "you're logged" in but then when I go to watch something it boots me out arghhh...

Change your password if your having problems,ive had to do it because I used my daughters laptop then my laptop and my phone for three different games. No problems then logging in.

Maybe reset your password on a device so that it kicks you out then log in on your telly?

General question here. Why is IT so badly designed and complicated?

Imagine you bought a car only to find you needed a password to start it or you couldnt switch the engine off or it wasn't compatible with the road, or you had to switch steering wheels every time you turned a corner. Its madness.

I have this every time! just keep clicking the logout. After a few rapid clicks it normally allows me to log out.

It’s absolutely murder since they’ve changed it.
I dunno what they’ve done but they’ve fucked it anyway.
Another utterly shite feature is that if I get the inevitable buffering at some point and it freezes, I try to refresh the page and it logs you out. Then you need to log back in etc and up missing a minute or so each time.
Just get it back to what it was before and stop worrying that someone might get to watch it for free on their mates log ins.
It’s not lost revenue, it’s revenue we were never getting anyway! Another stupid decision by those in charge of this side of things.

Logging out has been an issue across all devices for while now.

I usually give it several goes and if still not working I simply close the tab and then clear cookies/cache. If you then go to the website again you will, hopefully, see the Login button rather than an indication you are already signed in.

Normally takes at least a couple of clicks on the Log out button before you are actually logged out.

Imagine you bought a car only to find you needed a password to start it or you couldnt switch the engine off or it wasn't compatible with the road, or you had to switch steering wheels every time you turned a corner. Its madness.
Unforeseen consequences. Most IT isn't a complete redesign but bolt ons to existing programming. Often these bolt ons are for particular outcomes but testing sometimes misses unforeseen outcomes. Every time you make a change you don't just affect the intended but the system as a whole.
That's said RTV still produces far too many issues for the price people pay. The level of back up support is lacking and far too many glitches still exist to what is basically a log on and broadcast. Other streaming platforms would have sunk long ago with this level of service

I'm the same. Loved into my son's account to pay for the game tonight and then couldn't log out. I shut down my computer and when I re-booted, I was still logged in as him. I went on Google chrome and onto RTV to get my own account login. Frustrating.

I'm the same. Loved into my son's account to pay for the game tonight and then couldn't log out. I shut down my computer and when I re-booted, I was still logged in as him. I went on Google chrome and onto RTV to get my own account login. Frustrating.

Clear cache/cookies and it’s job done mate.

Thanks - but I haven't a clue how to do that on my MacBook..

Try this,

its utter crap. if you get your username or password wrong it returns them in plain text to the browser. that means they are probably sent across the internet as plain text. not good.

eg

0.e95189ec.js:50 GET https://rangerspayments.streamamg.c...mailaddress=followfollow&password=Rangers1690 400

I cant log in to purchase/watch.

"Your account has been blocked"

"You are logged in on too many devices, please log out or reset your password here"

Edit - Just noticed I'm logged out and account blocked on the rtv app on phone as well.

I just had to reset my password as kept saying I was logged in to another device which I wasn’t! Have not had this problem with vst so 1st for me. Working now since reset password.

Unforeseen consequences. Most IT isn't a complete redesign but bolt ons to existing programming. Often these bolt ons are for particular outcomes but testing sometimes misses unforeseen outcomes. Every time you make a change you don't just affect the intended but the system as a whole.
That's said RTV still produces far too many issues for the price people pay. The level of back up support is lacking and far too many glitches still exist to what is basically a log on and broadcast. Other streaming platforms would have sunk long ago with this level of service

"Unforseen consequences"? Sounds to me like IT designers are not as smart as they think they are. Im being polite, very polite.

Logging out has been an issue across all devices for while now.

I usually give it several goes and if still not working I simply close the tab and then clear cookies/cache. If you then go to the website again you will, hopefully, see the Login button rather than an indication you are already signed in.

How do you clear cookies/cache and while Im here, what are they?

I have the opposite issue where it won’t let me log in, watching it on premier sports now anyway

Reset password twice now and nothing, had to do this at the weekend as well.

Bit of a shambles to say the least.

Absolutely shite again from RTV. Asking me to subscribe when I already have.
Finally got in having missed the first 7 mins.

For some reason (same on saturday) I've been unable to cast to my tv from my phone.

Cast button at bottom right just seems to pause my stream. Frustrating

Half time and absolutely flawless for me again. No buffering, no pixelation and, for a change, I’m watching via Wi-fi rather than Ethernet. Same outcome though. If you’ve got buffering change the Setting from Auto to something lower and/or tell everyone else to stop hogging your bandwidth.

I’ve had issues using the silk browser on fire tv, can’t get logged in, hopefully the club have an android version planned / working on

I binned it at 28 min. Constantly stopping the stream and logging me out.
Currently watching it illegally despite paying for it.

Embarrassing pish. Buffering non stop. Outwith our home games from STs I’ll not be using it again

I b
Half time and absolutely flawless for me again. No buffering, no pixelation and, for a change, I’m watching via Wi-fi rather than Ethernet. Same outcome though. If you’ve got buffering change the Setting from Auto to something lower and/or tell everyone else to stop hogging your bandwidth.

There’s a major issue with the App not recognising that you’re logged out of the website once you’ve bought the game.

How do you clear cookies/cache and while Im here, what are they?

Without getting too technical every time you visit a website your computer retains bits of info relating to that site in order to speed up your access next time you visit. My guess is that the failure to recognise logouts is related to that info in some way so clearing cache/cookies can sometimes help ‘Release’ your login.

As for how to do it, depends upon device/browser.

I b

There’s a major issue with the App not recognising that you’re logged out of the website once you’ve bought the game.

Yup, can’t argue with that. It’s not App specific though, it just fails to register you’ve logged out however you access. I couldn’t get logged out of the App earlier and had to force close it. Similarly I couldn't log out on the website so had to close the tab then clear cache/cookies.

Yup, can’t argue with that. It’s not App specific though, it just fails to register you’ve logged out however you access. I couldn’t get logged out of the App earlier and had to force close it. Similarly I couldn't log out on the website so had to close the tab then clear cache/cookies.

It's done that to me today and on Saturday, and this is on Microsoft edge so it must be something to do with the system, not just the app.

Back