Rangers TV on Amazon Firestick

I’ve had an email from RTV today saying they are currently working on re-adding the casting feature on the app. Not sure if that helps with Firestick but great news for anyone that watches via chromecast.

I’ve had an email from RTV today saying they are currently working on re-adding the casting feature on the app. Not sure if that helps with Firestick but great news for anyone that watches via chromecast.
You can still cast to chromecast from your phone if you open RTV on the mobile site rather than the app.

That's how I watched the game on Wednesday.

You can still cast to chromecast from your phone if you open RTV on the mobile site rather than the app.

That's how I watched the game on Wednesday.

I couldn’t get the Chromecast working on either the mobile site or app on Wednesday but did get the option to cast when it eventually worked on the laptop.

I use Firefox browser on the fire tv. Amazon's browser seems to not like the rangers website when I go into it.

Installed TV Bro tonight but I'm struggling with the navigation. If I scroll right to the top of the page, the menu bar doesn't appear so that I can enter a URL. I have to press the back button and then the menu appears which is a bit of a pain.

I'll probably be awake with nerves well before Sunday's game starts so I'll try to get the game on instead of using Silk. I was able to get today's RTV training video on using TV Bro but it wasn't that easy.
Yeah, you need to go back to the menu to enter the URL. Its a 1 time operation though, once you've got the RangersTV page open just save it as a bookmark.

Getting videos - as opposed to live action - is a bit of a faff on TV Bro. See guide in post #177 and its straightforward. However, 'a bit of a faff' is better than impossible, which is the case with Silk if you want them to play in full screen.

As a Fire TV Stick novice I found just Logging In to RangersTV on Silk to be an absolute ball-ache, inevitably requiring 3 or 4 goes to work. By comparison, that simple operation, is a dawdle on TV Bro - as it should be.

Last edited:
I am sure this has been answered before but went back a few pages and couldn't see anything.

Is it possible to watch Rangers TV through a firestick?

is it just a case of trying through a browser?
Yes, I watch it on my Firestick via the Amazon Silk browser, Flawless, so far.

I use tv bro but I can’t get the bar at the bottom showing the next videos away to press play. Tried to watch away days but will need to try again

On the silk browser now and logged into the Rangers web site. Clicked on Rangers tv and tried to watch some of the videos but nothing playing. Is this because I don’t subscribe to RTV and will it work for the Killie game next week with my virtual season ticket?

I only use it for VST. No issues. Buffered once many weeks
Yeah, works fine for the live action for me as well - but not the other stuff. Don't you have issues getting through the Login process? Its dreadful for me on Silk.

No issues logging in. It remembers my user name and password automatically and it's bookmarked through to the fixtures page. See video, below.

On the silk browser now and logged into the Rangers web site. Clicked on Rangers tv and tried to watch some of the videos but nothing playing. Is this because I don’t subscribe to RTV and will it work for the Killie game next week with my virtual season ticket?
You wont see 'regular' videos because you don't subscribe. There is a section down the very bottom headed Content for Season Ticket Holders with some videos you could play but its a bit of a chore getting rid of the dreaded white bar of death. See post #177.

Last edited:
It's the new website, I had no problems before, but it's now near impossible.
After being sceptical I downloaded TV Bro - as per post #177 - and it is an absolute dawdle to login on that. Worth a go if you find Silk login a PITA as I did. Also much easier to play videos (as opposed to Live matches).

You wont see 'regular' videos because you don't subscribe. There is a section down the very bottom headed Content for Season Ticket Holders with some videos you could play but its a bit of a chore getting rid of the dreaded white bar of death. See post #177.
Thanks but it should work next week?

Thanks but it should work next week?
Should play absolutely fine so long as your Account has migrated across successfully. You have been through the re-registration process I assume? And clicked on the link in the Verification email? If you have, you can check all is well by logging into the RangersTV website then clicking again on the wee man icon and selecting RTV Account. It should show under Subscription as 'season ticket access - July 2021' or words to that effect.

Should play absolutely fine so long as your Account has migrated across successfully. You have been through the re-registration process I assume? And clicked on the link in the Verification email? If you have, you can check all is well by logging into the RangersTV website then clicking again on the wee man icon and selecting RTV Account. It should show under Subscription as 'season ticket access - July 2021' or words to that effect.
Thank you

Yeah, you need to go back to the menu to enter the URL. Its a 1 time operation though, once you've got the RangersTV page open just save it as a bookmark.

Getting videos - as opposed to live action - is a bit of a faff on TV Bro. See guide in post #177 and its straightforward. However, 'a bit of a faff' is better than impossible, which is the case with Silk if you want them to play in full screen.

As a Fire TV Stick novice I found just Logging In to RangersTV on Silk to be an absolute ball-ache, inevitably requiring 3 or 4 goes to work. By comparison, that simple operation, is a dawdle on TV Bro - as it should be.

Thanks VB. I was able to bookmark the RTV page but still had to use the back button to get to the menu again to find it. We'll see how it goes in the morning, thanks. :D

Thanks VB. I was able to bookmark the RTV page but still had to use the back button to get to the menu again to find it. We'll see how it goes in the morning, thanks. :D
You will get used to it mate. Just a case of 'something new' to get your head around. I tend to hit the Back button anyway and go to Favourites icon so I know its reloading the page afresh anyway. Was a bit miffed there was no Refresh button tbh - but simply the ease of Logging In made it preferable to Silk for me.

Just a thought - what VPN have you loaded on the Fire TV Stick?

No issues logging in. It remembers my user name and password automatically and it's bookmarked through to the fixtures page. See video, below.

Mine's the same although I only use it for live games. I've just bought a new TV and the accy Stanley game is playing great on ifollow just now so I might try the TV browser for the next vst game

You will get used to it mate. Just a case of 'something new' to get your head around. I tend to hit the Back button anyway and go to Favourites icon so I know its reloading the page afresh anyway. Was a bit miffed there was no Refresh button tbh - but simply the ease of Logging In made it preferable to Silk for me.

Just a thought - what VPN have you loaded on the Fire TV Stick?

Yeah it's different. :D
I don't actually use a VPN. I don't need one for RTV as I'm overseas.

sorry if already covered but it keeps throwing me out of Amazon silk on my firestick and wouldnt work properly on firefox. Has anyone any easy step by step guide for an idiot like me to follow so that it’s ready to play tomorrow

My Firefox wouldn’t load up my Rangers tv on Wednesday night hope it’s sorted for tomorrow
Have you been back and tried it out since the Wednesday's clusterf*ck? Given you talk of viewing tomorrow I assume you have a VPN etc. It should play absolutely fine so long as your Account has migrated across successfully. You have been through the re-registration process I assume? And clicked on the link in the Verification email? If you have, you can check all is well by logging into the RangersTV website then clicking again on the wee man icon and selecting RTV Account. It should show your Subscription and purchases. Could even try some of the videos though, if you read post #177, that can be a bit of a pain to get rid of the white bar of death.

Personally if you have the means to visit the website on another device I'd do that first to check out your Account. Much easier than on Fire TV Stick - but do make sure you are logged out everywhere else, including on the Fire TV Stick, first or you risk having your Account blocked.

Have you been back and tried it out since the Wednesday's clusterf*ck? Given you talk of viewing tomorrow I assume you have a VPN etc. It should play absolutely fine so long as your Account has migrated across successfully. You have been through the re-registration process I assume? And clicked on the link in the Verification email? If you have, you can check all is well by logging into the RangersTV website then clicking again on the wee man icon and selecting RTV Account. It should show your Subscription and purchases. Could even try some of the videos though, if you read post #177, that can be a bit of a pain to get rid of the white bar of death.

Personally if you have the means to visit the website on another device I'd do that first to check out your Account. Much easier than on Fire TV Stick - but do make sure you are logged out everywhere else, including on the Fire TV Stick, first or you risk having your Account blocked.

do I need a vpn? It worked fine on my phone but it wouldn’t load up on my tv.

do I need a vpn? It worked fine on my phone but it wouldn’t load up on my tv.
If you want to watch tomorrow you will - unless you are overseas. Its an away game, if you only have a VST package you won't be watching it.

If you can't get RangersTV website to open at all on your Fire TV Stick though I'd clear cache/cookies and try again. Or try restarting the Fire TV Stick as in unplugging it from the mains for a minute or two.

If you want to watch tomorrow you will - unless you are overseas. Its an away game, if you only have a VST package you won't be watching it.

If you can't get RangersTV website to open at all on your Fire TV Stick though I'd clear cache/cookies and try again. Or try restarting the Fire TV Stick as in unplugging it from the mains for a minute or two.
Ah I’m a bloody idiot I didn’t realise we were away and it’s on sky. No worries mate I’ll watch on sky just. I don’t know what made me think we were home tomorrow

No worries. Still sounds like you still have issues with the Fire TV Stick if you can’t get the website to open and let you login though.
Ah I’m a bloody idiot I didn’t realise we were away and it’s on sky. No worries mate I’ll watch on sky just. I don’t know what made me think we were home tomorrow

All good so far this morning on TV Bro. It opened to the login page which must have been where I left it the other day.

Logged in via TV Bro. Proved that my account showed my receipt for the Killie game.

But can’t play any videos as it says for “subscribers only”.

Thought we got playing videos on old set up if we bought a live match. No?

I also don’t see any link for viewing the game tomorrow.

Logged in via TV Bro. Proved that my account showed my receipt for the Killie game.

But can’t play any videos as it says for “subscribers only”.

Thought we got playing videos on old set up if we bought a live match. No?

I also don’t see any link for viewing the game tomorrow.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page to the section headed Content for Season Ticket Holders. There will be videos you can play in there. All others are subscriber only.

EDIT: Just realised you may not be VST. Not sure, if you are PPV, whether you get any of the stuff related to the specific match such as Highlights etc. That would be post-match though. I don't think you get any videos that are subscriber only though. Maybe someone else will know?

Last edited:
Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page to the section headed Content for Season Ticket Holders. There will be videos you can play in there. All others are subscriber only.

EDIT: Just realised you may not be VST. Not sure, if you are PPV, whether you get any of the stuff related to the specific match such as Highlights etc. That would be post-match though. I don't think you get any videos that are subscriber only though. Maybe someone else will know?
Yes I am PayPerView. So that’s ok, was just checking that it wasn’t going to be a problem.

Any idea when the video gets uploaded before the game? That is my biggest concern as there was nothing visible at 1230 today.

Yes I am PayPerView. So that’s ok, was just checking that it wasn’t going to be a problem.

Any idea when the video gets uploaded before the game? That is my biggest concern as there was nothing visible at 1230 today.
They had a test stream of the Hibs game running in the days before the St Johnstone game. No signs of one appearing for this week. I suggest logging in as soon as the Live Video button goes red tomorrow - which would normally be about 1 hour before kick-off. If they put a test stream live I will post in this thread to bump it for you.

You can side load the RangersTV app onto a fire stick.

Step by step instructions previously listed by @Bishy Bear

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:
  1. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the Rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/y6ejez8p
  2. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  3. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below links in downloader as before, dependent on which Fire stick/tv device you have: Mouse Toggle 1.11 for Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, Fire TV Stick 2, Fire TV Cube: troypoint.com/mouse Mouse Toggle 1.06 for Fire TV 3, Fire TV Edition: troypoint.com/mouse106
  4. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional videos on YouTube)
  5. Open RTV app and login using top left then clicking login and logging in with your account details. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  6. Once logged in, click on fixtures at the top
  7. Then click on today’s game (not live yet), then click “video” when prompted.
  8. The game will launch however you will get an error. Simply click ok twice and the game will begin playing.
  9. Click full screen and the video will go full screen.
I've tried this and get "Parse Error" message

Firefox works great for RTV on my Firestick, I used to use my Samsung TV browser but the new website doesn't work on it so had to use the Firestick.

It used to work for me on silk, now all I seem to get is “page not responding”..reload
If you can, try logging out and then back in again - no easy task on Silk. If that doesn’t work try using Firefox or see post #177 and download and install TV Bro, which I think is better.

It used to work for me on silk, now all I seem to get is “page not responding”..reload
You could also try a fresh start up which I've found tends to clear any glitches.
  1. Select Settings from the Home Screen.
  2. Select Applications.
  3. Select Manage Installed Applications.
  4. Select Silk, here you can clear cache which can also make a difference.
  5. Click on 'Force Stop' then 'Launch App'

Back