Rangers TV on Amazon Firestick

I always log out to avoid falling foul of the too many logins rule (if that's still a thing since the "upgrade").

I click on the icon near the top right, go to login and it brings up the login page. I have to scroll right to the bottom of that page to get the actual login part, but I put my username and password in and I'm good to go.
Yeah, you click to enter your email and get a pop-up box. What do you do after entering your email - click on Next or click the Back button on the remote? Same after you enter your Password - what's next for you? It *should* be click on next after each and then it takes you back to the screen to click on the blue Login button. But it just throws me out or scrolls endlessly and then a Reload button.

If I use the cursor and go up, above the picture I see ‘watch live’ and ‘listen live’, below’RANGERSTV LIVE’
I'm a wee bit at a loss now as I'm currently on pc.

On the Fire TV Stick from memory its Login to the RangersTV Home page. Scroll down to todays match and you have Watch Live and Listen Live. Click on Watch Live. On the next screen click on the Play button and go Full Screen.

Hopefully not missed a step out there.

Fine here. App or website? Or Firestick?
Through website, now back in. It’s stressful getting the game never mind watching it.

It really shouldn’t be an exercise in showing your technical prowess every home game.

We’ve been doing this for 9 months.

Simple things, having to unmute as an example shouldn’t be default setting.

Through website, now back in. It’s stressful getting the game never mind watching it.

It really shouldn’t be an exercise in showing your technical prowess every home game.

We’ve been doing this for 9 months.

Simple things, having to unmute as an example shouldn’t be default setting.
I've been in since about 1350hrs mate without a stutter. No VPN required today.

Yeah, you click to enter your email and get a pop-up box. What do you do after entering your email - click on Next or click the Back button on the remote? Same after you enter your Password - what's next for you? It *should* be click on next after each and then it takes you back to the screen to click on the blue Login button. But it just throws me out or scrolls endlessly and then a Reload button.

When I click on the Username box, the login popup box appears. I enter my email address and click next and the popup box stays there and asks for my password. I enter that, click next again and as you say, I click on the login button and I'm good to go.

I have had issues in the past with Silk where it scrolls right to the bottom and you can't scroll back up but not recently.

I was using Silk browser up until this morning with no issues to watch live games. Couldn’t get past the capatcha log in screen this morning so downloaded Firefox as recommended above. Firefox worked great to allow me to log in and navigate the capatcha verification.

Tried on silk browser, couldn’t get RTV working at all. Tried Firefox , worked great until just before kick off, ring of death, got it back on after kick off but kept buffering. Watching on iPad instead. Frustrating since the changes were made, used to get it working perfect with the RTV app on fire stick until they started messing about halfway through a season.

What I don’t understand, purely from a technical perspective, is why an illegal source works far better than an official source from the same tv.

Anyone throw any light on this?

flawless for me today on Firefox on the firestick.

still pisses me off that the ball disappears when it’s in flight but other than that it was fine.

What I don’t understand, purely from a technical perspective, is why an illegal source works far better than an official source from the same tv.

Anyone throw any light on this?
So many different factors. That’s why it’s so difficult to pin down.

Anyone know the url to download the latest version of the app for the fire stick . Old app is giving me 3rd party authentication error

Anyone know the url to download the latest version of the app for the fire stick . Old app is giving me 3rd party authentication error
Unless there has been a change in recent weeks then the App will not work when sideloaded. Covered throughout this thread. Best option is probably TV Bro browser if you use it for videos as well. If you simply stream live matches then either Silk or Firefox is fine. See post #310 mate.

I am sure this has been answered before but went back a few pages and couldn't see anything.

Is it possible to watch Rangers TV through a firestick?

is it just a case of trying through a browser?
Does Rangers get the revenue if firestick is used?
If not - shame on any Gers "fan"for using it!

Does Rangers get the revenue if firestick is used?
If not - shame on any Gers "fan"for using it!
Rangers TV can be watched legitimately on a Firestick. It just makes use of the browser to access the stream. I think the app cannot yet be used on it. If anyone is using it t illegitimately, then it would be via an IPTV provider. I don't think that this was part of the discussion, as its not up for discussion on here.

The new official rangers tv app needs to be added to the firestick AppStore for next season. That along with simple way can use NORDVPN (or any VPN) very easily inline with the fire stick would produce us more funds in long term as I’d rather pay Rangers £240 a season than what I pay now tv sports as it’s only Rangers game I watch on it

The new official rangers tv app needs to be added to the firestick AppStore for next season. That along with simple way can use NORDVPN (or any VPN) very easily inline with the fire stick would produce us more funds in long term as I’d rather pay Rangers £240 a season than what I pay now tv sports as it’s only Rangers game I watch on it
Amazon App Store already has an App for NordVPN on Fire TV devices mate so that's taken care of already.

Dunno if we will ever see the RangersTV App on there. There's enough problems getting it to work properly on Apple and Android devices. Personally I just ignore it by and large and go with the website via a browser. Much more reliable.

Works fine for me on my firestick. For some reason the site doesn't load at all on my Amazon fire tablet. Bit of a pain as I like watching some of the stuff on RTV.

Old boy bought a firestick. I managed to download the RTV app but it wont open. Best way is just to watch games is through the browser on either silk or firefox?

He is pissed off that i have been watching the games on my big telly through chromecast and he has been using a shitty laptop.

I even got an abusive call when rtv went down earlier this year (the St J game).. "you were supposed to fix it Greg!!!"

Old boy bought a firestick. I managed to download the RTV app but it wont open. Best way is just to watch games is through the browser on either silk or firefox?

He is pissed off that i have been watching the games on my big telly through chromecast and he has been using a shitty laptop.

I even got an abusive call when rtv went down earlier this year (the St J game).. "you were supposed to fix it Greg!!!"
See post #310.

If only watching live streams then Silk or Firefox is fine. If you want to watch video footage on RangersTV then you should probably sideload TVBro browser.

The RTV app will not work on the firestick, I use silk or TV BRO browser.

If he has a laptop, why not connect to TV using a hdmi cable?

Same here, well since we couldn't get to our RSC in November. I did try TV Bro a couple of times but much prefer Silk.
Silk is probably better for the live streams. TVBro is more useful to get around the 'white bar of death' when playing video content on RangersTV.

If all folk want to do is watch the match stream they'd be as well sticking with just Silk - or Firefox. If you want to do more, then TVBro is the way to go. In my, limited, experience.

Someone else has probably discovered this already but I noticed a way to get round the white bar of death on TV Bro. If you get on a page with the white bar of death then press and hold the centre big button on the fire stick and the mouse will switch to a scroller. You can then scroll the page with the up down arrows which stops the white bar being an issue.

Dunno if we will ever see the RangersTV App on there. There's enough problems getting it to work properly on Apple and Android devices. Personally I just ignore it by and large and go with the website via a browser. Much more reliable.
How I do it also , but it make it much easier for not so tech savvy bears

Someone else has probably discovered this already but I noticed a way to get round the white bar of death on TV Bro. If you get on a page with the white bar of death then press and hold the centre big button on the fire stick and the mouse will switch to a scroller. You can then scroll the page with the up down arrows which stops the white bar being an issue.

Yip, I came across this by accident, and makes getting rid of the white bar of death, so much easier. Although, a word of caution, on occasion I have double clicked the centre button in quick succession, and what happens is that it enlarges the screen, and is a pain to get back to normal size.

I'very almost given up watching replays or old games; just not worth the hassle. It used to be better; was much more user friendly.

I'very almost given up watching replays or old games; just not worth the hassle. It used to be better; was much more user friendly.
Is there a simpler way to resolve this issue with the white banner? Trying to watch through the silk browser which was previously fine now I can't access any videos as half the picture will not show due to this white banner!

Is there a foolproof for idiots guide to resolving?

Is there a simpler way to resolve this issue with the white banner? Trying to watch through the silk browser which was previously fine now I can't access any videos as half the picture will not show due to this white banner!

Dunno about 'simpler' but see post #310. TVBro browser might be your answer for watching videos (as opposed to live matches). Still need to use the centre+up button though.

Last edited:

I'm not sure, but this site for Silk is terrible.

Dunno about 'simpler' but see post #310. TVBro browser might be your answer for watching videos (as opposed to live matches). Still need to use the centre+up button though.
I tried the tvbro but for some reason I would get to sign in there would then be a verification setu with windows of different objects to click on. I tried to click on the objects and it would jump off the screen to the start of the sign in process.

My heid is bouncing and all I want to do is see the videos from yesterday which was working perfectly fine for months on end, is it a known fault that could be addressed by RangersTv ?

I'll give 310 another read see if I'm missing anything obvious.

I tried the tvbro but for some reason I would get to sign in there would then be a verification setu with windows of different objects to click on. I tried to click on the objects and it would jump off the screen to the start of the sign in process.

My heid is bouncing and all I want to do is see the videos from yesterday which was working perfectly fine for months on end, is it a known fault that could be addressed by RangersTv ?
The Captcha process usually works alright with TVBro.

However, here's a tip I got from another poster -thanks @nelster - to avoid the Captcha on your FireTV Stick altogether:

If you login from a different device on the same IP, and then logout again, the Captcha isn't triggered when you try again on FireTV Stick, presumably as you've already confirmed the IP as valid on the first device.

NOTE: Be sure to logout of RangersTV on the alternate device before you then go trying to login on the FireTV Stick though.

Back