Rangers TV with a VPN

Use Chrome browser and just cast the tab.
Unfortunately it won't let me do that with my vpn on.

I used to put the vpn on, start the game, turn it off and then cast, now if I turn the vpn off I lose the game and with it on I can't cast.

Anyone else cast from chrome with a vpn on?

Unfortunately it won't let me do that with my vpn on.

I used to put the vpn on, start the game, turn it off and then cast, now if I turn the vpn off I lose the game and with it on I can't cast.

Anyone else cast from chrome with a vpn on?

Yeah I do.

I had to hurriedly buy Nord VPN when I found out you had to leave it on. Made no difference to the cast tab option.

Just tried to watch some RTV content on my iPhone 8 and the player doesn’t even load - just nothing there....works on my iPad though, anyone know why? :rolleyes:

Just tried to watch some RTV content on my iPhone 8 and the player doesn’t even load - just nothing there....works on my iPad though, anyone know why?

I’ve just had a go at watching yesterday’s highlights on both iPad and on iPhone XR. Absolutely fine on both mate. Sorry.

Is your iOS up to date?

I’ve just had a go at watching yesterday’s highlights on both iPad and on iPhone XR. Absolutely fine on both mate. Sorry.

Is your iOS up to date?

It’s odd because I’m running latest iOS on my phone (12.4.1)
Still raging they aren’t giving us the old player as an option. They did in the 2 x Legia games plus the filth.

It’s odd because I’m running latest iOS on my phone (12.4.1)
Still raging they aren’t giving us the old player as an option. They did in the 2 x Legia games plus the filth.

I was fearful when I saw the old player option missing yesterday because I’ve had to switch away from the new player every game since it was introduced due to ‘stuttering’. The new player, for me at least, worked like a dream yesterday - much to my surprise.

Dunno why your iPad would work and your iPhone not, assuming both are on the same network. Maybe work your way through the Settings - particularly for Safari - to see if there are any differences (pop-up blocker etc for example) between the two devices? Plus the old chestnut of clearing the cache, history and website data.

Reactions: BWO
I was fearful when I saw the old player option missing yesterday because I’ve had to switch away from the new player every game since it was introduced due to ‘stuttering’. The new player, for me at least, worked like a dream yesterday - much to my surprise.

Dunno why your iPad would work and your iPhone not, assuming both are on the same network. Maybe work your way through the Settings - particularly for Safari - to see if there are any differences (pop-up blocker etc for example) between the two devices? Plus the old chestnut of clearing the cache, history and website data.

Great shout mate. It was my Crystal content blocker (which I got to get rid of the spam from FF) that was blocking it.

Great shout mate. It was my Crystal content blocker (which I got to get rid of the spam from FF) that was blocking it.

Bloody Hell - nobody more surprised than me LOL.o_O

It’s great to see someone take the time to do a bit of problem solving of their own rather than simply come on and give it the usual ‘RTV is shite’ line. Wish more folk would take the time to investigate.

Glad you are sorted.:))

Last edited:
Reactions: BWO
Had a nightmare yesterday with the game. Tunnel bear doesn't work unless you leave it on.

What's the next best option Bears opera browser? Or another free VPN? Any suggestions?

Had a nightmare yesterday with the game. Tunnel bear doesn't work unless you leave it on.

What's the next best option Bears opera browser? Or another free VPN? Any suggestions?

I had issues with Tunnel Bear on and off. In fact, Tunnel Bear was off for the two spells I actually had the channel working.

I had issues with Tunnel Bear on and off. In fact, Tunnel Bear was off for the two spells I actually had the channel working.
Strange mate, tunnel bear been faultless for me for a long time. Be nice to have a second option just incase we get yesterday again

Best bet is a decent VPN, which means paying for it. Express VPN and NordVPN are the highest rated. I use Private Internet Access (PIA) and it works well for me.

If you take out a lengthy subscription it works out fairly cheap. NordVPN have an offer on that brings the cost down to the equivalent of under £3 per month - similar can be had for both the others as well.

Strange mate, tunnel bear been faultless for me for a long time. Be nice to have a second option just incase we get yesterday again

Yip, it’s always worked perfectly for me as well. I’m not 100% certain that this is the issue to be honest, I had long periods where the page was just loading up with the bit in the centre spinning. I’m not sure why that should be the case with the VPN on. I tried refreshing the page, changing to the different speed settings and tried different browsers. I still had problems.

Best bet is a decent VPN, which means paying for it. Express VPN and NordVPN are the highest rated. I use Private Internet Access (PIA) and it works well for me.

If you take out a lengthy subscription it works out fairly cheap. NordVPN have an offer on that brings the cost down to the equivalent of under £3 per month - similar can be had for both the others as well.

I’ll be disappointed if it comes to either paying for a long term subscription or missing out. I already pay for my season ticket and have the unlimited RTV package on top of this, I appreciate it's only around £3 a month, but it’s just another expense on top of everything else.

I’ll be disappointed if it comes to either paying for a long term subscription or missing out. I already pay for my season ticket and have the unlimited RTV package on top of this, I appreciate it's only around £3 a month, but it’s just another expense on top of everything else.

Difficult decision for those with a season ticket, obviously, who only need RangersTV for every other match.

All I can say is it worked fine for me yesterday. Spinning dots for about 10 seconds, black screen for a further 3 seconds, spinning dots for another 3 seconds and then I was in. Not as straightforward as normal but it ‘worked’. Even the away game against the Danes - after a bit of panic pre- match - RangersTV worked fine for me.

Back