Rangers tv

Him

Just got home and was wondering if/when the game tonight as live ,will be available for outside Uk anytime soon?

I’m having huge issues with rangers tv now. They have basically shut my account since the move to the new webpage. I paid the full amount for all access all year! Have prices changed?
They also say they can see I use a VPN to watch the games so will no longer have access? My laptop automatically has a vpn for work so I can’t really do much about that!

I’m having huge issues with rangers tv now. They have basically shut my account since the move to the new webpage. I paid the full amount for all access all year! Have prices changed?
They also say they can see I use a VPN to watch the games so will no longer have access? My laptop automatically has a vpn for work so I can’t really do much about that!

Ask them for a refund then. Using a VPN is not illegal.

Strange that they have blocked you then and not the hundreds of others that watch via a VPN most weeks.

Have you checked the terms & conditions to see if it does mention it?

I‘m not sure they’ve closed your account for using a VPN. I suspect you may have misunderstood.

They changed the way you access your account and they transferred subscriptions to a new provider back in January. A copy of the email is below. Are you sure your transfer over to the new system simply hasn’t worked? Several had the same experience and it requires an email exchange with Support to sort it out. If you have paid then they should be able to track you and reset your subscription to the new provider. The most common cause of problems transferring is because your registered email address with RangersTV is out of date. Chase them up about it. The use of a VPN should not come into it - tell them you are overseas and/or that you simply use it for security purposes if necessary (though it shouldn’t matter). Don’t let it go mate, they should be able to sort you out easily enough but may require evidence you have paid. Worst case, that evidence is available via the old ‘collector’ WorldPay.

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal​

I‘m not sure they’ve closed your account for using a VPN. I suspect you may have misunderstood.

They changed the way you access your account and they transferred subscriptions to a new provider back in January. A copy of the email is below. Are you sure your transfer over to the new system simply hasn’t worked? Several had the same experience and it requires an email exchange with Support to sort it out. If you have paid then they should be able to track you and reset your subscription to the new provider. The most common cause of problems transferring is because your registered email address with RangersTV is out of date. Chase them up about it. The use of a VPN should not come into it - tell them you are overseas and/or that you simply use it for security purposes if necessary (though it shouldn’t matter). Don’t let it go mate, they should be able to sort you out easily enough but may require evidence you have paid. Worst case, that evidence is available via the old ‘collector’ WorldPay.

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal​

cheers. Yeh it’s been a mess! I’ve had issues since the new webpage so will keep pushing them

cheers. Yeh it’s been a mess! I’ve had issues since the new webpage so will keep pushing them

If you need to, come back on here and you will get advice about how to get the proof of payment from the WorldPay website if RangersTV 'demand' you provide it. You are far from the first to have issues with the transfer over and you certainly shouldn't be losing months of subscription because of a mix up on your registered email. It may take some patience and perseverance but keep at them mate.

As far as know it's not possible for them to know you use a VPN. That's the whole point of a VPN. It's a secure way of connecting to a network.

As far as know it's not possible for them to know you use a VPN. That's the whole point of a VPN. It's a secure way of connecting to a network.

They can tell and caught me out with it before. I watched one game in Denmark, two weeks later watched another in the UK with my VPN set to Denmark.

Game was unwatchable so I fired off an email. My complaint fell on two points.

First point was they said that due to me being in the UK and not Denmark then no refund would be given.

From the T&C's:

Refunds will not be issued for supporters attempting to access via a VPN

Second point was that I failed to complain during the match.

From the T&C's:

Refunds can only be issued for those who have reported a technical issue during the game and it proves to be a fault of our providers and cannot be rectified.

Please note, that if you do not watch a stream through choice, or don’t report a technical issue to customer service during the game, we will not be able to issue a refund. You must complete troubleshooting in full to be considered for a refund.

On the first point, this was last season where you could buy the game without using a VPN before switching it on and watching - maybe they noticed the change in my location.

As you now need a VPN to be on before purchasing then that might change things slightly but I somehow doubt it. My old IT department knew if we were using a VPN so I'm assuming it's fairly straight forward to tell.

I don't know about the RangersTV providers but many, many other companies can easily tell if you are using a VPN. You used to be able to access the USA Netflix with virtually any VPN. These days most will result in a message saying your attempt is blocked. Some of the better VPNs, like ExpressvPN and NordVPN, keep changing their servers in order to find a way around this but it is an ongoing battle of constantly switching server until you find one that works. So, yes they can tell - if they have the right technology - that you are using a VPN.

That doesn't mean RangersTV will block you, simply that if you are raising a complaint you are unlikely to get anywhere if they establish you are using a VPN.

Back