Rangers TV

Robbiedon

As a season ticket holder with a tv voucher code what do i log into to see the Rangers v Dundee Utd game.
Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but it will be a first time for me and don't want any hassle on Saturday.

As a season ticket holder with a tv voucher code what do i log into to see the Rangers v Dundee Utd game.
Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but it will be a first time for me and don't want any hassle on Saturday.

Jeez, you are late to the 'party' mate.

Its slightly outdated but see the OP in the thread linked below and you'll get the gist of it:

Jeez, you are late to the 'party' mate.

Its slightly outdated but see the OP in the thread linked below and you'll get the gist of it:

When I log in to live.rangers.co.uk should I be using the same password as the one I used for for the tv.rangers.co.uk

When I log in to live.Rangers.co.uk should I be using the same password as the one I used for for the tv.Rangers.co.uk

You have the correct answer. Yes, its the same password. You only have one RangersTV Account regardless of whichever of the two websites you are using, the 'real' RangersTV or the b*stard offshoot that is the VST viewers platform, live.rangers.co.uk.

Worth noting that if you are purchasing an away game, such as last Thursday's, it would appear it works on both platforms. I would always recommend in such cases that you use the 'real' RangersTV website if the opportunity is there though.

t
You have the correct answer. Yes, its the same password. You only have one RangersTV Account regardless of whichever of the two websites you are using, the 'real' RangersTV or the b*stard offshoot that is the VST viewers platform, live.Rangers.co.uk.
Thanks. Still having problems getting on to the live site.
Account on Rangers tv site confirms season ticket package expires 26July2021 so everything is ok up to there.
When i go on the "live" site and input my password etc, then hit submit..nothing happens.! Have tried contacting ticket office to see if a new redeem voucher code would make any difference but it is impossible to get contact with them

t

Account on Rangers tv site confirms season ticket package expires 26July2021 so everything is ok up to there.
When i go on the "live" site and input my password etc, then hit submit..nothing happens.! Have tried contacting ticket office to see if a new redeem voucher code would make any difference but it is impossible to get contact with them
it wont, feck all on just now try before kickoff

t

Bear in mind there will be nothing on the live site today as its an away game. You do realise you don't get away games I assume? (I note you are a new user).

In general terms though, this is a common issue normally related to too many concurrent logins. The system currently fails to register logouts and I have seen it take over an hour in my case before I'm logged out (despite the screen indicating I have).

Thankfully, as a VST viewer, you don't have an immediate problem for today. I'd suggest waiting an hour or so and trying again - after making sure you are signed out of the real RangersTV website. After doing that it might be worth deleting your cookies/cache as well before trying again. Also make sure you have logged out of the App if you use it. You could also try adding a /live to the end of the link and making it https://live.Rangers.co.uk/live

If that doesn't work you could go down the Forgotten Password route. This will log you out of any previous logins and you will get an automated reset response. You can re-use your existing password if you choose. That would normally sort you out.

If that still fails its an email to Support.

The device you are using may be relevant as well. SmartTV seems to be the least 'friendly' option.

Last edited:
Bear in mind there will be nothing on the live site today as its an away game.

Common problem usually related to too many logins. There is an ongoing issue with the system failing to recognise you have logged out on a device - it's taken over an hour recently to register my logouts.

Thankfully, as a VST viewer, you don't have an immediate problem for today. I'd suggest waiting an hour or so and trying again - after making sure you are signed out of the real RangersTV website. After doing that it might be worth deleting your cookies/cache as well before trying again. Also make sure you have logged out of the App if you use it. You could also try adding a /live to the end of the link and making it https://live.Rangers.co.uk/live

If that doesn't work you could go down the Forgotten Password route. This will log you out of any previous logins and you will get an automated reset response. You can re-use your existing password if you choose. That would normally sort you out.

If that still fails its an email to Support.

The device you are using may be relevant as well. SmartTV seems to be the least 'friendly' option.
Thanks guys. Will try your suggestions .
Forgotten password route not working since the link I'm sent is apparently not recognised.
At least I'm ok for today with sky.

Thanks guys. Will try your suggestions .
Forgotten password route not working since the link I'm sent is apparently not recognised.
At least I'm ok for today with sky.

I don't think you would be able to login on the live site today anyway as there's no match. I'm not a VST viewer so someone else may need to confirm that. What were you looking for?

No idea about what you mean by the link you are sent to reset your password being 'not recognised'? That's more of a worry as if they've sent you a password reset and you can't work it then you may not be able to get into your Account again - on the real site or the live site - until you sort that out. Give us more details? Device used, and any indication as to why the link to reset the password is 'not recognised'. Never heard of that one before. I have to go out for a while but will pick up your response later if nobody else has helped.

Is anyone managing to cast while using a VPN.
Thing is I would much rather give Rangers TV money rather than Now TV.
Last time i bought an away game on RTV i ended up having to buy a day pass for Now TV also as I was struggling to get it to work correctly.

I don't think you would be able to login on the live site today anyway as there's no match. I'm not a VST viewer so someone else may need to confirm that. What were you looking for?

No idea about what you mean by the link you are sent to reset your password being 'not recognised'? That's more of a worry as if they've sent you a password reset and you can't work it then you may not be able to get into your Account again - on the real site or the live site - until you sort that out. Give us more details? Device used, and any indication as to why the link to reset the password is 'not recognised'. Never heard of that one before. I have to go out for a while but will pick up your response later if nobody else has helped.
I know its only home games for season ticket holders.
They sent me a password reset link but when i try to use it i get a message saying the link site can't be reached and windows can,t automatically detect that networks proxy settings.

All attempts etc are using a Sony laptop and windows chrome.
Thanks for all comments so far.
Robbie

Last time i bought an away game on RTV i ended up having to buy a day pass for Now TV also as I was struggling to get it to work correctly.
@Alexmci It should be possible. I've done it before (but not recently) using Chrome browser on a Windows laptop. However, you need to cast the tab rather than clicking the cast icon.

I know its only home games for season ticket holders.
They sent me a password reset link but when i try to use it i get a message saying the link site can't be reached and windows can,t automatically detect that networks proxy settings.

All attempts etc are using a Sony laptop and windows chrome.
Thanks for all comments so far.
Robbie

Try copying and pasting the link they sent you in to the browser menu bar instead of clicking on the link mate. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers. Will try later and keep you updated.

Just as an update on this. Another poster on the 'RangersTV Logout Issues' thread encountered the same problem. Copying and pasting into the browser bar resolved the issue for him and the link worked. He was able to reset his password.

Cheers. Will try later and keep you updated.
Managed to reset password.
Rangers tv account shows that I'm all ok for live streaming of home games till July next year.
Not sure when I can check the "live" site since I don't think its operational at present.
Thanks for all your help but I suspect its going to require an email to support to get a final solution to this problem.

WATP Robbie

Rangers tv account shows that I'm all ok for live streaming of home games till July next year.
Not sure when I can check the "live" site since I don't think its operational at present.
Thanks for all your help but I suspect its going to require an email to support to get a final solution to this problem.

WATP Robbie
ps. have also cleared cookies/cache.

i log in on a laptop, hdmi cable to tv and thats it. I've not had any issues at all with RTV.

i log in on a laptop, hdmi cable to tv and thats it. I've not had any issues at all with RTV.
Me too, but I had an issue being unable to log out on Firefox browser, tried to log in on the same laptop via Chrome and I got the Account blocked message.
I thought the issue was more than one device?
Password reset cleared the issue but now I only log in via Chrome

WATP Robbie

I'm not a VST viewer but I just tried logging in on the live.rangers.co.uk website with my RangersTV credentials anyway.

This is what you should see. When you go to that page and click on the little man icon in the top right the dialogue box comes up to enter your details. Do so. The only thing you will see change is that the little man icon will now have three diagonal black stripes behind him - nothing else. It will change from the first image to the second. See below. If you are seeing that then everything is fine.

From this:

To this:

I'm not a VST viewer but I just tried logging in on the live.Rangers.co.uk website with my RangersTV credentials anyway.

This is what you should see. When you go to that page and click on the little man icon in the top right the dialogue box comes up to enter your details. Do so. The only thing you will see change is that the little man icon will now have three diagonal black stripes behind him - nothing else. It will change from the first image to the second. See below. If you are seeing that then everything is fine.

From this:

To this:

Cheers
What you say is happening now. !!!!
Thursday will be the real test!!!!!

Cheers
What you say is happening now. !!!!
Thursday will be the real test!!!!!

Looks like you are fine then mate. You can relax and stop logging in/out all the time and risking an account block ha ha.:) Thursday? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw LOL. I don't think Rangers have indicated yet whether it will be available in the UK - either as part of the VST or on PPV. I'd certainly expect - at least - the latter.

Back