Rangers TV

No, you’ve misunderstood mate. Click on Register. The page to register an account will come up. Do NOT fill in anything on that page. Simply go back to the top right hand corner and click on Account as you normally would. That should then bring up the page to Logon this time around.

Alternatively, this link should take you to a Login page:

Its a ridiculous mess in all honesty.
Firstly thanks for your valuable time in replying, l tried the above mentioned and when l click on my account the page to log in does not come up. Also the link you provide l log in and directs me to my account.
It has to be said l can log in on my phone (Samsung)Whilst on my I pad (Apple) nothing. I have cleared all cache and still nothing.
l give up and hopefully it will be sorted.
Thanks !

It says in the post I intend to watch it “as live”. I also said earlier that the help you and others give , especially on match day is fantastic. Worked for me before but not today.
Also there has been at least 6 other occasions between pre season friendlies and European games when the as live hasn’t worked for me.
For $300 I’m expecting a decent service. We shouldn’t have to go seek help , try different browsers , devices or clear caches etc. It should be as simple as 1 or 2 clicks and done. There’s been issues since the start of the season, we’re now mid November and it is getting worse.
likebi said earlier I’d rather cancel and the disappointment be my my fault for free, take my chances with dodgy streams than pay to be disappointed by RTV.
Shite to take money away from the club in these times but they don’t seem to be making any headway on known issues.
Apologies mate, I did indeed miss your ‘as live’ comment. Sorry once more.

There do seem to be regular posts on the match availability to re-run. It’s touted as being available from midnight but is regularly much, much later - at least for UK viewers. I guess RTV would argue that available ‘from after midnight’ isn’t the same as ‘available AT midnight’.:rolleyes: I’ve found that if I use my VPN and go ‘overseas’ I get it much earlier. For domestic matches, that is, not EL groups.

Firstly thanks for your valuable time in replying, l tried the above mentioned and when l click on my account the page to log in does not come up. Also the link you provide l log in and directs me to my account.
It has to be said l can log in on my phone (Samsung)Whilst on my I pad (Apple) nothing. I have cleared all cache and still nothing.
l give up and hopefully it will be sorted.
Thanks !
So, if you are getting logged in using that link and it then takes you to your Account - where you can see details of your subscription etc - then that is correct. That’s where it should take you. You simply then click on one of the tabs along the top row (Live, Latest, First Team etc) and hopefully things work for you. Hopefully.

Apologies mate, I did indeed miss your ‘as live’ comment. Sorry once more.

There do seem to be regular posts on the match availability to re-run. It’s touted as being available from midnight but is regularly much, much later - at least for UK viewers. I guess RTV would argue that available ‘from after midnight’ isn’t the same as ‘available AT midnight’.:rolleyes: I’ve found that if I use my VPN and go ‘overseas’ I get it much earlier. For domestic matches, that is, not EL groups.
I’m in North America and finish work at 5am uk time So I should be good if it works.
Pisses me off though that I avoid the game all day then can’t get the game as planned and because of the time difference there’s no support from RTV.
No digs at you whatsoever. Your help is very much appreciated especially taking time out to help people when the games on.
ive just had enough of the crap service that’s all.

So, if you are getting logged in using that link and it then takes you to your Account - where you can see details of your subscription etc - then that is correct. That’s where it should take you. You simply then click on one of the tabs along the top row (Live, Latest, First Team etc) and hopefully things work for you. Hopefully.
VB l click on the Live, Latest etc but it tells me l have to subscribe whilst on my account it states l am on the unlimited package (240pds).
l have never had any issues but today has been terrible for me and loads of bears.
l have send an e mail, will see where it takes me.
lf you have any other idea it will be appreciate.

VB l click on the Live, Latest etc but it tells me l have to subscribe whilst on my account it states l am on the unlimited package (240pds).
l have never had any issues but today has been terrible for me and loads of bears.
l have send an e mail, will see where it takes me.
lf you have any other idea it will be appreciate.
If you are getting logged in now, via that link, and your account confirms you have the Annual Unlimited (overseas) subscription then I’m afraid I’m out of ideas mate. Something is clearly amiss.:( Guess you will just have to wait and hope for a response from RTV. Sorry bud.

Some kick-offs are at ridiculous o'clock where I am, so bought the 3-game package as usual to watch at home, but every time I clicked on 'Live Video' it took me back to the log-in function. Thanks to those on FF who suggested solutions to those of us struggling with the service, but nothing worked for me.

Delighted with the result, obviously, and that's the main thing, but am now wary that whatever the problem was yesterday will recur.

By the way, I can watch the game now. It's not the same watching it with a cup of coffee at breakfast time, though, than with a few cans at night!

I couldn't get in either today. Tried the workaround and still no joy. Only tried logging in 5 mins before k.o so had no time to mess about and ended up watching it on sky instead

have same problem just tried again this morning still the same. lucky to have Kayo so still saw the game. will have to chase this up.

Another great production from RTV to match the performance on the pitch
Had the log in issues others experienced but the workaround got me in eventually
Very frustrating they are cocking up the great strides forward production wise with what seem to be tech issues that are easy to fix

So RTV got back to me with a link. Problem is once I click the link and login I click on the link for the game and it has already logged me out. Is one of Martin Bain’s pet mentally challengeds in charge of RTV? Cause it’s a fukin shambles!

Yes, this. What a mess. On both laptop and iPad tried to Login but no response from the Login button in the top right. Clicked on Register and waited for that page to load, then immediately clicked on Login in the top right again. This time it brought up the Login dialogue box and I was good to go.

Its been like that for at least a couple of days. Really, really poor.
At least 4. I contacted RTV support and until Saturday after following up with the SLO had received no reply. Then it was only to say what browser are you using. Do they really think we don't try all browsers, updating browsers, computer devices, clearing caches etc? Always assume it's a user problem.

By pure chance, I clicked register then tried clicking the login again and got access to the videos and live game. Still no follow up from RTV support and it's still not fixed.

As you say, really poor.

If you are UK based no PPV option today as Sky hold the rights

VPN with the 3 day overseas pass then you can within the UK

Audio only available within the UK
I am overseas and couldn't log in. Managed to get it on my phone, just watched the full match replay.

At least 4. I contacted RTV support and until Saturday after following up with the SLO had received no reply. Then it was only to say what browser are you using. Do they really think we don't try all browsers, updating browsers, computer devices, clearing caches etc? Always assume it's a user problem.

By pure chance, I clicked register then tried clicking the login again and got access to the videos and live game. Still no follow up from RTV support and it's still not fixed.

As you say, really poor.
I didnt even bother contacting RTV because on past performance they are totally feckin useless. Suffice to say, theres not another website on the internet that doesnt respond instantly when you hit their Login button ! If there is such a thing as glaikit technology, RTV is it. Unless maybe, as others have suggested, the site is being deliberately sabotaged from within?

The simplest explanation is often the answer (Occam's Razor principle).

At first I could not get logged in. So I clicked register and then login and it worked.
But then I only had audio access for the Sheep game so I went back to rangers.co.uk and went to RTV from there and the page was different but had audio and video and worked from there.

I think if anyone has bookmarked the page they may need to change it.

At first I could not get logged in. So I clicked register and then login and it worked.
But then I only had audio access for the Sheep game so I went back to Rangers.co.uk and went to RTV from there and the page was different but had audio and video and worked from there.

I think if anyone has bookmarked the page they may need to change it.
VST viewers should be using the live.rangers.co.uk website. Its the dedicated platform for them. I get that previous games they have been able to access via RangersTV but that was because the game was available within the UK (for PPV viewers). Yesterday wasn't, because it was live on Sky - hence it being essential to use the 'live' website unless you were overseas.

VST viewers should be using the live.Rangers.co.uk website. Its the dedicated platform for them. I get that previous games they have been able to access via RangersTV but that was because the game was available within the UK (for PPV viewers). Yesterday wasn't, because it was live on Sky - hence it being essential to use the 'live' website unless you were overseas.
I had to get a new number to redeem my vst voucher as I had stupidly let my original number expire.i got that sorted this morning and used it.i went on to my rtv app and clicked on the vst option to see what would happen,yesterday I was getting a message saying this account did not have access (which I didn’t) this morning when I tried it I got in.obviously there was nothing on it

Is there VST tab on Rangerstv?
Not on the website. VST viewers should use the live.rangers.co.uk website.

It seems there is on the App now - though that has only appeared this week I think. Once you are logged in there is a placeholder for Aberdeen Match Live and underneath it says Virtual Season Ticket (obviously the link is 'dead' now and the placeholder is black) and another that says RTV Overseas Live. I don't think you access the game via the Fixtures button on the App the way you used to anymore. That's how it looks at least, I've yet to try.

They even appear to have fixed the Logout button on the App - which has been a problem for me for many months.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_D
Not on the website. VST viewers should use the live.Rangers.co.uk website.

It seems there is on the App now - though that has only appeared this week I think.
It only appeared on the app yesterday.they have changed the app as you used to have to do a search and type in Rangers live.yesterday that didn’t work but they had two boxes to click one for overseas and one for vst.i watched it on an i pad using the overseas option with my vpn on.

It only appeared on the app yesterday.they have changed the app as you used to have to do a search and type in Rangers live.yesterday that didn’t work but they had two boxes to click one for overseas and one for vst.i watched it on an i pad using the overseas option with my vpn on.
Yup, see my edited post. Just had a look at it now. Better I think.

Maybe it explains the problems yesterday.it took me a few minutes to get logged in yesterday.
Maybe. Dunno about on the App but on the RangersTV website the unresponsive Login button was proving a real nightmare. The workaround was simple and, in most cases, effective but it was a real shoddy error that RangersTV had been aware of for days without resolving. No excuses. Pish, in fact.

My guess is that they had to do some tweaking around all the platforms due to the game not being available on PPV in the UK (and therefore not available to VST viewers on the RangersTV website, only the 'live' website, which 'confused' many) - and they made a right old mess of things.

Maybe. Dunno about on the App but on the RangersTV website the unresponsive Login button was proving a real nightmare. The workaround was simple and, in most cases, effective but it was a real shoddy error that RangersTV had been aware of for days without resolving. No excuses. Pish, in fact.

My guess is that they had to do some tweaking around all the platforms due to the game not being available on PPV in the UK (and therefore not available to VST viewers on the RangersTV website, only the 'live' website, which 'confused' many) - and they made a right old mess of things.
I was like everyone else in trying to log in to the actual web site,somebody messed up big time

Then this should be simple enough. 5 big red tabs for VST, Overseas, 3 match package, pay per view & audio.

Get it done RTV peeps, stop fucking annoying people

Hi VB, I did eventually get logged in thanks to you posting the "Live" link, however it was a poor picture and was constantly freezing and then jumping forward, I have very good broadband speeds.
Where others having similar issues?

Hi VB, I did eventually get logged in thanks to you posting the "Live" link, however it was a poor picture and was constantly freezing and then jumping forward, I have very good broadband speeds.
Where others having similar issues?
Usually when you have those sort of symptoms there are a few things you can try. If the kids are on the XBox or the Mrs on Netflix tell them to GTF and stop spoiling your stream! Probably more realistically, you could look at using an ethernet connection instead if Wi-fi or, once you have the stream started click on the Settings cog on the bottom right and change it from Auto to 1080p. If it persists then change to 720p. I’ve been right down at 360p in the distant past. Just keep dropping it until stable for you. Hopefully helps you out.

Usually when you have those sort of symptoms there are a few things you can try. If the kids are on the XBox or the Mrs on Netflix tell them to GTF and stop spoiling your stream! Probably more realistically, you could look at using an ethernet connection instead if Wi-fi or, once you have the stream started click on the Settings cog on the bottom right and change it from Auto to 1080p. If it persists then change to 720p. I’ve been right down at 360p in the distant past. Just keep dropping it until stable for you. Hopefully helps you out.
Cheers chum will try a few of them tips in future, up to now it has been pretty good.
I switched back to RTV yesterday at halftime to hear Big Eck and Wee Neil's synopsis but even they were staring at a froze highlight replay at one stage.

I didnt even bother contacting RTV because on past performance they are totally feckin useless. Suffice to say, theres not another website on the internet that doesnt respond instantly when you hit their Login button ! If there is such a thing as glaikit technology, RTV is it. Unless maybe, as others have suggested, the site is being deliberately sabotaged from within?

The simplest explanation is often the answer (Occam's Razor principle).

... I did contact 'rangerstvsupport' 22mins before the game and received this reply 27mins into game :-

" Hi,
There is a login issue on https://tv.Rangers.co.uk/

If you are attempting to login here please use the link below:
https://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/login

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards, "

... by that time after watching on 2 'pirate' streams I had discovered that the App was was working on my iPhone and Tablet, just not the laptop connected to TV.
Their solution went directly to email/password login bypassing the Login/Register buttons altogether.

No excuse for not informing Bears of the issue ahead of the game, especially if it was a known problem days earlier on their 'recommended' platform.

... in Foot Yourself the Shooting :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What would/could be wrong with a Pro-active 'LIVE' Banner Heading at the top of the RTV site/App/Twitter page etc., that informs subscribers of 'latest known issues and recommended solution' ???

COME ON RTV SUPPORT - get your shite together & STOP extracting the urine from loyal paying customers.
You are in desperate need of lessons in customer service !!!

VB deserves to get paid for all the good work he does on here, doing your job for you.

He should be awarded a VC for his work in the trenches ...

It's ridiculous that anyone should have to go these lengths.

When I turn on my TV, programmes are on. Always. I do not need to perform maintenance tasks that will be beyond the capabilities of many (probably mainly older) users to watch it.

I can do what you suggest, but to many other users your solution will be geek-speak incomprehensible instructions. Not your fault - you are doing a service with your advice, but for all users, and perhaps mainly for the non-tecky, it really should be as simple as turning on your TV. Or toaster. Or kettle. Or sitting-room lights.

It's up to RTV management to sort out this farce which plays out for virtually every match they broadcast.

Great post. I hate technology and I hate the smug way some IT Geeks talk down to others and use terms that 'ordinary' people dont recognise.

I had issues years ago on an IT training course for my work. The course leader kept rushing through things without explaining them properly then telling those that were lost that it was easy.

I asked her if she could play guitar. She looked puzzled but answered "no". I told her I could then added "its easy".

Back