Rangers Tweet - we will not be bullied into silence

Is it a response to Spiers? Or is it aimed at getting the narrative out.

We release statement - tweets/news.

SPFL (without reading it) say there's nothing in it - tweets/news.

We say we won't be bullied - tweets/news.

I'd guess it is more about controlling the narrative.

Great explanation IMO

I thought it was in response to the SPFL statement?

Attachments

• 55BB1451-0D72-4D01-BA7A-CF608850647E.jpeg
    55BB1451-0D72-4D01-BA7A-CF608850647E.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 26

To be fair, that's as good a theory as mine. Though I still think the timing lends mine more credence.;)

Either way, if it was a dig at Speirs its obvious from the reaction on here that its gone over most folks heads. As soon as I read Speirs tweet (at 1158hrs) I went back to our statement on 11 Apr to see what he was on about and found the line. Within half an hour the Club had posted the tweet in the OP.

This type of stuff was inevitable, discredit, deflect, mis-direct....Any details of bullying/coercion are not going to come from Rangers, the club merely stated they had received reports from other parties. IF an investigation happens then those who experienced it will be able to give their account, discretely and to an independent body. In the end it will only add to what is a pile of highly questionable actions by those being paid to govern.

Who approves this ffs? It's like it was written by someone on here

It's one step away from replying directly to his tweet and starting an argument

Sue Speirs. Let's go to court in a big way. Trawl his and Pizza face's published articles for glaring errors and sue the Bast***s and their Employers.

I think that we have made provision for Court and legal Fees in our accounts and now that Ashley has gone that provision can be made to get rid of some annoyances.

It’s been such a long time coming I never really expected us to finally find our strength and recognise our value to the SPFL. Rather than continually be manipulated for others benefit for the first tangible time, we’ve said enough is enough.

The spirit of the club is also defined by its support, we must stand shoulder to shoulder and give everything we can in whatever position we are in.

I’m proud of the club today. Into battle we go, over the next few weeks you’ll see rangers bloggers and high profile fans either collapse at this or stand tall with the club.

Together we stand against the establishment or divided we fall.

Rangers till I die

OK, hands up, it appears I was wrong to suggest it was the Club Twitter hitting back at Speirs. Even though the timelines do fit perfectly.

Seems the media are content to take it as the Club simply 'doubling down' on our claims regarding the SPFL.

I apologise - though the co-incidence of the Speirs tweet and the Club tweet within 30 minutes was 'remarkable'.

From the Evening Times:

"RANGERS have hit back at the SPFL following the release of their dossier - saying "Rangers will not be bullied into silence."

The defiant message was shared on the club's official Twitter page as they retweeted their initial statement from April 11, which claimed the Scottish football league governing body were guilty of misconduct."

We are calling them out and they try and mock us by going public in response, if they had nothing to hide they would hold and indie investigation and charge us with bringing the game into disrepute if they have nothing to hide but no they keep batting it away while their clowns in the media back them up.

and i think it's a message to fat mckenzie after his 'cease and desist' blitz

Maybe I don’t fully understand it. I’ll admit
The only people pushing 'the smoking gun' were the media. It was concerted effort by useful idiots to downplay the effect of the dossier. They can all now say "well there really was no smoking gun" and drive people to lose interest due to the lack of the imaginary 'Smoking gun."

Don't allow headlines, radio pundits or Follow Follow Lord Haw Haw's to form your opinion for you. That's exactly what they want, it's their strategy. Read the document - if you haven't already - and you'll see Rangers are 100% correct to push for an Independent investigation.

Rangers also 100% correct to respond on social media platforms too, it's the way the world is.

Back