Rangers under 10s the other evening

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
At half time at Killie game the young kids that played looked decent for their age.

They didn't all chase the ball like many young kids games appear to do, they looked pretty skilful and some good passing was also evident.

Normally when I see young kids play football it's a bit of a shambles so fair play to these boys and their coaches and hopefully they will continue to develop and in time become an asset to the club.

It was a small positive from an awful evening!!

A surprisingly high quality few minutes of football. Well organised teams, skillful players, good passing and movement.

The exact opposite of the 90 minutes the 11 grown ups on the park produced.

The young bears were very good and three of them showed some good skills the future is bright, the future is ..................................as they say

The other thing that stood out was that they all looked comfortable on the ball and were prepared to beat a "man" by using their touch and skill. No blootering of the ball up the park. Only downside is it will be another 10 years before hopefully some of them will be able to make the breakthrough to the first team

Yes. Step overs, drag backs and the likes but not showing off, just playing football and showing what they can do.

At half time at Killie game the young kids that played looked decent for their age.

They didn't all chase the ball like many young kids games appear to do, they looked pretty skilful and some good passing was also evident.

Normally when I see young kids play football it's a bit of a shambles so fair play to these boys and their coaches and hopefully they will continue to develop and in time become an asset to the club.

The boy in the white top, No 4, looked a good wee player along with others as well

The other thing that stood out was that they all looked comfortable on the ball and were prepared to beat a "man" by using their touch and skill. No blootering of the ball up the park. Only downside is it will be another 10 years before hopefully some of them will be able to make the breakthrough to the first team

They'll all be at chelsea by then:D

A surprisingly high quality few minutes of football. Well organised teams, skillful players, good passing and movement.

The exact opposite of the 90 minutes the 11 grown ups on the park produced.

The Highlight of the night and was encouraging to see them all play so well.
Well done to all the lads involved and keep up the good work and that they continue to develop and progress.
Certainly deserved their round off applause when they finished.
I was certainly impressed.

It was entertaining, which is mental considering it was a bunch of wee boys.

Stood in utter disbelief as the kilmarnock supporters almost to a man booed them on and off the pitch

Said it on here many times , our youth teams and coaches are very good , they hold there own against European youth teams when they go to tournaments abroad. They like everyone else are still striving to find a level of player that can play at champions league level when the boys turn professional, that is why they have taken the step of playing against better teams from Europe , the lads will get more experience and knowledge from having difficult games against these type of teams than beating Hibs youths etc.

Hopefully everyone who has commented and read This thread are doing the Rangers Lotto. Al money goes towards these kids and they will only get better.

£1 a week isn’t much to give.

It’s great to watch those age groups as they just want to play football. All of them really comfortable on the ball and the game played at electric pace!

It’s unfortunate that as they grow up more and more boys get disadvantaged because of their physical stature and the game becomes less about skill, more about strength and fitness.

Yeah I enjoyed watching that, really impressed with some of the touches and passing. Confident wee fellas as well, they were standing in front of us waiting to come on and were bouncing about, singing, full of carry on!

Yeah I enjoyed watching that, really impressed with some of the touches and passing. Confident wee fellas as well, they were standing in front of us waiting to come on and were bouncing about, singing, full of carry on!
Thats good to hear. Weans will be weans!!

Hope this becomes the norm at home games. Short games for all the age levels. Would be a big selling point for young fellas signing up and Rangers Lotto !!!!

Cracking wee game and a lot of passing and movement. Really impressed TBH... one of the wee fellas in the red and white fancied himself with a couple of tricks too.

The should be let out more often...best halftime entertainment for a while.:)

A boy i was at school with son was one of the keepers. He was not a bad keeper in his day as well.
All the kids seemed to enjoy it, we should be doing that at every home game.

Said to my mate some of the passing and touches the wee guys had were quality... our youth setup now is surely the best in the country hopefully we reap the rewards in the years to come as its a must.

Great to watch.
The club did really well as they gave all the parents hospitality and the chance to live the dream.
Long may it continue.

Utter morons if that's what they did.

Shameful

Yip, I couldn't believe it. To be fair, the ones who didn't boo them on deliberately made a point of applauding them off as a response, but I sit beside the segregation and was absolutely disgusted.

Not a bad idea to get our different age groups out every half time and give them a wee taste of playing in front of an Ibrox crowd, even if it is a daft kickabout. That's the sort of thing the fans would really enjoy and it would surely inspire the young bears of all ages to work to reach the first team proper

Back