Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

they say that Katic went down easily, could have stayed on his feet.

However, I think he was actually in the air when the contact happened, shifting his weight, so it sent him backwards, no option to 'stay standing'!

you remember when we played defensively against Barcelona and it was called 'anti-football'??

describing that Aberdeen performance as anti-football would be generous and yet Wanker gives them praise

absolutely appalling
Remember it well. Bit like the quota “Valencia” are the Aberdeen if Europe when they were a top side. Haters are gonna hate.

I don't watch it or click it mate what are they spinning this week!

Saying that the sheep were unhappy with several decisions and highlighting that Defoe colliding with their keeper is a compliance officer job.

Of course failing to mention that we had a perfectly good goal ruled offside and completely dominated the game with their keeper being the only one that had a touch of the ball for them...

Stayed away from the match thread today so don’t know if this has been mentioned. Did anybody else catch that idiot walker going in about better delivery or service for Greg Stewart to be able to make an impact before he was even subbed on? Or did I just take that as a standard balls up from Wanker as I’m so used to it.

Saying that the sheep were unhappy with several decisions and highlighting that Defoe colliding with their keeper is a compliance officer job.

Of course failing to mention that we had a perfectly good goal ruled offside and completely dominated the game with their keeper being the only one that had a touch of the ball for them...
Never ends does it despicable that we have to pay these cnuts

I hope you are right.
If you are then I take back any criticism of him.
First thing that came to mind when I was listening to the interview. It was a tad unusual for a manager to come out and say that his team shouldn't have been awarded the penalty until you look beyond what he said. He'll want a full strength Aberdeen next week and given that lot are running on empty then you just never know. They won't want to have to come to Ibrox with the league not already won. Still a very lomg shout but past experience tells us to keep believing!

First thing that came to mind when I was listening to the interview. It was a tad unusual for a manager to come out and say that his team shouldn't have been awarded the penalty until you look beyond what he said. He'll want a full strength Aberdeen next week and given that lot are running on empty then you just never know. They won't want to have to come to Ibrox with the league not already won. Still a very lomg shout but past experience tells us to keep believing!
Will Aberdeen contest this and can they?

Good team performance.

Good Win.

Lewis saved them a doing.

Captain Tav should've had a hat-trick never offside.

Now onto the spoons on Sunday.

I think you are right.
I would like to think that Stevie was this cunning and Machiavellian but somehow I think he was just being naive.

I sometimes think that he is trying to be 'nice' - you know, play the game so that everyone doesn't hate us.. what he needs to remember is that they all hate us and we don't care..

11 time wasters behind the ball.....great tactics from them. 3 minutes added time at the end of the first half was laughable

That was a strange game. We were 2-0 up and they looked as if they were the ones holding on to s lead; did they ever attack at all on the second half? Our midfield were brilliant at times, they totally controlled the game?

Very professional performance from the Teddies today. Some of our short passing, even out of defence, was a joy to watch. I thought our midfield three performed superbly today. My only gripe is our final pass was a bit off this afternoon or the score could well have been higher. MOTM? Take your pick from Kamara, Tav (who was only a marginal offside call away from a hattrick), or Katic. Perhaps for me the big Croat just shades it, solid at the back and his presence up front winning two penalties.

Nice to see Lee Wallace get five minutes and a great reception from the crowd. The very least he deserves for standing by us when others jumped ship.

Stevie the Ger making an error here in saying the second wasn't a penalty.
No need to say that Stevie.
Haven’t heard his interview yet, but a strange thing to say given Katic was slapped twice by Constadine’s arm. Once in the neck, once on the face. Clear penalty and red card for me.

To be fair, although I though both penalties were stonewallers, the ref was very inconsistent in calling fouls today, against both sides.

Last edited:
The BBC match report on the game is just hilarious.:eek::p:))
Their headline shows their bias for all to see, “Tavernier double delays Celtic celebrations”

They might well win it ya bigots but it’s not done till the fat lady sings, and they haven’t exactly been in sparkling form recently. We’ve beaten ourselves this season as the manager learns his trade. As long as Desmond doesn’t dig into his reserves, and we invest well in the off season, I fully expect us to give them far more of a fight next season. We’re ending the season the far stronger of the two sides

Took my wee daughter today 13 her first game ,got her wee are the people pink scarf,she loved it,result someone I can go to the games with now

Joe Lewis is a cracking keeper. Far too good for them.

He’s a whiney prick as well. But doesn’t take away from his ability.

We absolutely strolled that game. Could/should have easily been 5

really should have pumped them mixture of poor finishing and decent saves stopped them being humiliated

we really are dominating games with this set up , fantastic to see

Referee was shocking in the first half, glad to see Gerrard and McGregor having words with him heading down the tunnel at half time. Seemed to have done the trick as he was far more balanced in the second half. Kamara and Katić's best game in a Rangers jersey yesterday by far. Good atmosphere as well, one of the loudest anyway this season outwith Celtic and the European nights. Puts the pressure back on Celtic, just need Aberdeen to do us a favour and beat them at Pittodrie!

Back