Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Hard battle ahead tonight Rangers, unless we score a couple of early goals, to destroy their game plan.

No excuses lads, you have the class to win this game and keep our season alive.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Safe passage to the Semi and no card for Alfie please.

You just know the Sheep will be trying every trick in the book to get him carded, hope he plays it smart tonight and doesn’t get sucked in.

id go with two up front.

Morelos will be carded if he plays
This is guaranteed.

1. The style with which he plays is conducive to fouls.
2. He still overreacts to incidents. Stevie has had words with Morelos probably before every single match this season, and how often has he been booked? There are definitely at least half a dozen of them were stupidity on his part, regardless of thoughts on here of refereeing conspiracies.
3. Over and above that he only needs to blink the wrong way with some referees and the card is out the pocket.

Not sure how we will line up tonight. The team from Friday night played well, and created plenty of chances to win the game, equally however that same team weren't very good in the previous game against Aberdeen.

Ideal scenario, 2 or 3 up in first 15 mins then sub Morelos immediately.

Clancy will book Alfie. Win or lose he will book him to ensure he misses our next SC tie

I just hope we get a win today night and get into the semi final by any means

If we start high tempo and are clinical in front of goal for a change then they wont be able to live with us. I hope we dont end up playing their game as we have ended up doing this on too many occasions now.

I don't think it's a decision he needs to make at all. No chance he's not starting Morelos.
I trust a rangers team without Morelos to beat Aberdeen more than a rangers team without Morelos to beat Celtic

Morelos should only come on if we're desperate. Otherwise Defoe and Lafferty should be able to do a job - Defoe had already scored against the sheep too.

I don't think it's as simple as your making out personally. I do think Morelos will start, but I don't believe he should.

I trust a rangers team without Morelos to beat Aberdeen more than a rangers team without Morelos to beat Celtic

Morelos should only come on if we're desperate. Otherwise Defoe and Lafferty should be able to do a job - Defoe had already scored against the sheep too.

I don't think it's as simple as your making out personally. I do think Morelos will start, but I don't believe he should.
I slightly lean to your way of thinking, but imagine he has him on the bench and we go out.

It's a gamble but we need to have Morelos well warned about his behaviour if he is starting and then take him off if we can get a decent lead.

I'm not saying i agree or disagree, just that there is no chance Gerrard is benching him tonight.

Pretty windy in Glasgow just now with forecast of continued 25mph winds through the day and night.Hope this doesn’t spoil the game tonight.Come on Rangers just destroy these scumbag cu*ts.

I'm not saying i agree or disagree, just that there is no chance Gerrard is benching him tonight.
Agreed mate I think he will start too. We're in a situation where were fucked if we do and fucked if we don't

If Morelos wants to play I think that's what Gerrard will go with.

Agreed mate I think he will start too. We're in a situation where were fucked if we do and fucked if we don't

If Morelos wants to play I think that's what Gerrard will go with.
It's a bit of a catch 22 - he is our best player so should definitely start, however it's almost definite he'll get booked as well.

In Albufeira for the week so be on here for the usual rollercoaster updates :p Front foot from start with strongest team and we win this :)

Would be better for the budding tv crew if they had a mobile holder they could clip onto the rail or something. Would save the arms doing the work

Was behind a minibus of sheep heading out of Aberdeen about 3pm so there is at least 8 of them heading down the road.
2 nil for Rangers

The players know that not winning tonight is a complete disaster.

A few of them have something to prove or the calls for upgrades on certain positions will get louder.

I don't want to see us constantly squandering chances tonight.

Candeias, Kent and especially Arfield, need to get the finger out and take the golden opportunities they often waste.

I'm taking it this isnt on RTV, however was the first tie live on RTV? I was working and tried to watch it at 5pm after the game was over, but it wouldnt let me. I had to wait until the Monday. Did any of you see the first game v the sheep on RTV live, and this is problem caused by the abomination that is the Champions League?

That's the spirit, soldier.
I just have a horrible feeling about tonight. I just don't trust our players to do the business when it really matters, we've seen it so many times this season.

I think it's going to be a battle with the weather playing a major part so anyone who thinks we are going to win comfortably is kidding themselves on. They are pretty solid away from home too.

Feel free to bump and quote this if we win and rip the pish right out of me, but I just can't shift this nagging doubt about tonight's game.

What I will say is this....we MUST, absolutely MUST score the first goal.

The weather is a worry, Aberdeen are agricultural football at its most unrefined and this will be right up their street playing in this

It won’t be popular but I think we might be as well sitting in at points tonight and inviting them on to us. They love to sit in and play on the break so take that away from them.

I'm taking it this isnt on RTV, however was the first tie live on RTV? I was working and tried to watch it at 5pm after the game was over, but it wouldnt let me. I had to wait until the Monday. Did any of you see the first game v the sheep on RTV live, and this is problem caused by the abomination that is the Champions League?

Neither game can be shown live

Back