Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

The ref was abysmal.
But the most abysmal performance was from our team. Out thought and out fought yet again by an average team who have a game plan and who have our one dimensional losers sussed out.

At least thre

At least three of them should have had a second yellow to go along with it. Considine committed about 6 fouls and I don’t think he was booked

It’s another awful refereeing performance
Are we just going to continue blaming referees for poor performances ? We had two shots on target in 93mins at home ffs,Is that also the referee's fault.

There are no winners in this team and none of them have a heart big enough to fill the jersey.

We blamed the referee for the Hibs result,In reality the finishing was diabolical and what cost us two points not the referee.

We used to laugh at the hysterics the unwashed got into with referees along with the never defeated always cheated as every excuse in the book,we're very quickly becoming a carbon copy of them.

Instead of the constant threads on here about referee's,how about we look at the bigger picture of taking our chances,putting in performances on a consistent basis and most of the players having the correct attitude.

What was his value twelve months ago?
What’s his value today?
How many dives do you do to become persistent?
Did he dive tonight?

His value then was £1m.

His value now, is probably around £12m

I would say that when it becomes noticeable, then it is persistent.

Did you watch the match tonight, as he was on the ground about 7 times. (How many yellows has he had for simulation this season?)

What an utterly woeful end to our season.

We are so far short it’s not true & I firmly believe we only have ourselves to blame.

Yes, the officiating has been criminal at times, however we simply don’t have any leaders who are willing to take a game by the scruff of the neck when we’re under the cosh and drive the team on.

We’re drastically out of ideas.

The ref was abysmal.
But the most abysmal performance was from our team. Out thought and out fought yet again by an average team who have a game plan and who have our one dimensional losers sussed out.

Seems the ref is always “abysmal “

Really?

We were shite. Again

Tin hat on and all that, but I don't think we'll win tonight and expect another struggle against this lot. I'm no fan of McInnes but he has done a real job on us in four of the five meetings this season and I think tonight will be the same.

Either 0-1 or 0-0 with them winning on penalties.

Give this man a job picking lottery numbers!

Our season fell apart first game after the shutdown. After the high of beating the scum, it has been downhill all the way.

Watching that surrender tonight was a new low for me, I honestly don't think any of the players are good enough, and our manager is completely unable to change the direction of the games.

Will be hard to keep any enthusiasm for the rest of the season.

His value then was £1m.

Did you watch the match tonight, as he was on the ground about 7 times. (How many yellows has he had for simulation this season?)
Last point first, I don’t know.
On the ground how often?
I wasn’t counting and I didn’t see all of the game anyway.
However, was he fouled, did he dive?
I don’t agree with your valuations.
Reports suggested we turned down around £9m last January.
This summer we could easily be looking at double this.

Morelos is part of the problem.

He should learn to play ALONGSIDE Defoe or Lafferty or Rangers should sell him.

And perhaps sold on
His value then was £1m.

He ends up there regularly and lies on his back for 20/30 seconds like a dying swan

Sorry but in my memory of him as a player, it was always hard luck story, either for Liverpool or England. OK the champions league win is a stand out, but that's it.

Champions League, plus Europa League, plus couple of FA Cups, plus 3 League Cups, plus UEFA Super cups and Community shields. Why do you continue to question his winning mentality when he's won as much as that? He's made mistakes tactically as manager but his winning mentality? Really?

We lack quality in attack, from the midfield. In the summer we need to find a midfielder who is an attacking creative player or these performances will happen. Our midfield is predictable and without flair much of the time. I back the manager but he has to prove he is the man for this.

So you concentrate on a slip, which could happen to anyone but forget the way he lifted his team in the Champions League Final in Istanbul? Maybe he couldn't lift the team tonight but maybe there's only so much a manager can do when a team have a limit to which they will go.
Not having that we destroyed the Scum at Ibrox. .yet we can't beat the sheep in the most important game of the season.

Really fvcking angry with that shite tonight, there have been some woeful performances this season but tonights cowardly capitulation was the absolute worst.
Every last one of those fvcking imposters, including the management team, need to have a long hard word with themselves and each other.
While they are going about it they should also hand over the wages they have stolen this month and compensate every last Rangers fan who had to endure that abject fvckin garbage this evening!

We cannot give the poets exactly what they want right now and start infighting. We’ve lost yet another battle tonight but the war goes on - the aim for the rest of this season is to find that team that made us all proud a number of months ago, reinstall some optimism and build again in summer.

Fucking scunnered!

Sick and tired seeing us toil trying to break a team down, and then see endless shit balls fired into the box from goldson because they don't have a fucking clue.

Gerrard's coat is on a really shoogly peg, and seems completely devoid of any tactical nous.

The only positive tonight is the sheer amount of bears that went out in that rancid weather to watch that turgid shite.

Was the atmosphere good?

Not having that we destroyed the Scum at Ibrox. .yet we can't beat the sheep in the most important game of the season.

And that has what to do with Gerrards lack of winning mentality? Want him to pull on his boots? Only so much a manger can do with regards to mentality. Seems like some of our players just don't have it to maintain it through the season. You're right, had the mentality to beat the scum, where has that mentality been since? Shouldn't need a manager to always hold your hand.

Sorry but in my memory of him as a player, it was always hard luck story, either for Liverpool or England. OK the champions league win is a stand out, but that's it.

If that's the only stand out for you, then you need to go and look at his career.

Last point first, I don’t know.
On the ground how often?
I wasn’t counting and I didn’t see all of the game anyway.
However, was he fouled, did he dive?
I don’t agree with your valuations.
Reports suggested we turned down around £9m last January.
This summer we could easily be looking at double this.

He threw himself tonight, like it or not he did.

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed that he too often goes down under pressure.

As for us looking at £18m you say? That is simply an opinion based on rumours.

I hope we do get £25m for him, but personally I think he is worth around £12m at this point in time.

Absolutely gutted with that shambles. I swear to God it's like fkn groundhog day watching Rangers. Gutless does not even begin to describe them tonight. Not one of them deserves pass marks, fed up with the lot of them, wish the season finished tomorrow.

started like a training session
misplaced pass, misplaced pass, Kamara nearly fell over ball

shitshow for goal 1 from entire defence
horror show for the 2nd particularly from Barisic

massive changes needed for Saturday

Ratings:
McGregor 6 - hung out to dry

Tavernier 3 - some good attack, piss poor shooting, pish defending
Goldson 1 - diabolical all night, passing woeful, positioning worse
Worrall 4 - at least tried
Barisic 0 - abysmal, should be sent back to Croatia to rethink his mentality and fitness then come back for pre-season, Halliday is the LB now

Jack 4 - in and out the game but was the pick of the piss midfield
Kamara 2 - lacked presence, fight and his passing was poor
Arfield 2 - as the chap next to me said, a Nicky Law performance - ran about a lot but rarely got stuck in nor made things happen

Candeias 2 - worked hard, got into good positions then his final ball was 0/10
Morelos 7 - the only one who wanted to win
Kent 4 - some nice flashes but infuriates with the number of times he doesn't shoot and delays a pass, needs to be more decisive

subs
Lafferty 3 - did well, won balls and tried to up the tempo
Defoe 2- poor service but tried to get an opening
Davis 1- he is completely done

Gerrard - he put out the best possible team tonight, he changed it up when we needed it
don't see what he can do about the pish we were treated to with individual errors coupled with a lack of effort from the off

his big test is how he reacts to this pathetic show
we should be looking at wholesale changes

not that in the end it caused our horrific performance (we could still be playing and not score but..)

Clancy - is a cheating %^*&

May swings at Worrall, seen but ignored
the foul on Goldson was a red

the foul on McGregor was a red

and a few were lucky with the sheer number of fouls

I said the team were even more abysmal so not sure why you are disagreeing with me.
We’ve been here before.
We seem to be allowed to blame the referee only when it suits.
At other times, we’re not even allowed to suggest he influenced the game.
Tonight’s referee booked eight Aberdeen players.
How Considine managed to gain a booking only as late as he did is quite hard to believe.
How the already booked Stevie May managed to not be booked for kicking the ball away is just as hard to believe.
This is the same guy who reffed the first game as well, with his failure to book the already booked Aberdeen winger, then send him off.
Then who went on to score tonight.
Failure to book Considine for diving.
And on and on.

IMO if Morelos and Tavenier were poached early in the summer window for decent prices I wouldn't cry.

SG really needs to get into it this window without having to feel awkward about losing star man nor replacing an inappropriate captain.

Gerrard is capable of doing this !

started like a training session
misplaced pass, misplaced pass, Kamara nearly fell over ball

shitshow for goal 1 from entire defence
horror show for the 2nd particularly from Barisic

massive changes needed for Saturday

Ratings:
McGregor 6 - hung out to dry

Tavernier 3 - some good attack, piss poor shooting, pish defending
Goldson 1 - diabolical all night, passing woeful, positioning worse
Worrall 4 - at least tried
Barisic 0 - abysmal, should be sent back to Croatia to rethink his mentality and fitness then come back for pre-season, Halliday is the LB now

Jack 4 - in and out the game but was the pick of the piss midfield
Kamara 2 - lacked presence, fight and his passing was poor
Arfield 2 - as the chap next to me said, a Nicky Law performance - ran about a lot but rarely got stuck in nor made things happen

Candeias 2 - worked hard, got into good positions then his final ball was 0/10
Morelos 7 - the only one who wanted to win
Kent 4 - some nice flashes but infuriates with the number of times he doesn't shoot and delays a pass, needs to be more decisive

subs
Lafferty 3 - did well, won balls and tried to up the tempo
Defoe 2- poor service but tried to get an opening
Davis 1- he is completely done

Gerrard - he put out the best possible team tonight, he changed it up when we needed it
don't see what he can do about the pish we were treated to with individual errors coupled with a lack of effort from the off

his big test is how he reacts to this pathetic show
we should be looking at wholesale changes

not that in the end it caused our horrific performance (we could still be playing and not score but..)

Clancy - is a cheating %^*&

May swings at Worrall, seen but ignored
the foul on Goldson was a red

the foul on McGregor was a red

and a few were lucky with the sheer number of fouls

4 for Jack, your too generous.

It would probably have been a better option than the predictable rubbish that we did put out there tonight.We need to start having plans B and C for breaking teams down.
Had we taken that approach we might just be in the semi final and have our best striker available to play.
I hope that answers your question!!

To think we’d had folk chuffed after that shite show at Pittodrie because it meant we got to take them back at Ibrox.

That’s worked out well. What we need is a fucking spine donor.
Aye and Aberdeen half a million or so better off from gate receipts now as well.

A hugely disappointing result, to state the bleedin obvious. We never looked like we were capable of pulling it back from 1-0, never mind 2-0. We're guileless, without imagination, predictable and heartless. I'd sell Alfredo tomorrow, I'm heartily sick of all the dramatics. Season is over, but I'll be there on Saturday, it's what I do.

My tuppence worth.

We started so slowly that you could see another St. Johnston happening.

We continue to pass across the back, move it to the left/right backs... Move it to a winger, back to left or right back, back to defender, long ball forward.... Rinse and repeat.

And whilst we are predictable with the ball, without it we are worse. We don't press, we don't dig deep, we don't win second balls, we don't show aggression... We're shitebags.

And the other teams know it.

A least Arfield was trying to make things happen, was trying to win the ball back when he lost it. But the rest? Oh dear.

Worrall - can't really argue with him tonight... Perhaps I'm wrong. Decision making needs to improve.

Goldson - what has happened with him? Slow, unable to make a decision and unable to take responsibility. Incredibly frustrating.

Barisic - lightweight and not up for a batlle. Perhaps he'll improve next season, he bloody better.

Tavernier - tried to make things happen but defensively lacking. Frustrating delivery, and too lightweight at times.

Jack - too defensive minded. When he's on form he's immense but he can't carry the ball forward and can't dictate play. If we had a "Ferguson" he could do the dirty work no problem. He needs that sort of player to feed.

Arfield - as above

Kent - he's hit a wall. And infuriates me whenever he loses the ball by throwing up his arms... Instead of trying to win it back. Critical seconds are lost there.

Candeias - I would have hooked him after that balloon of a cross on the first half. First touch is awful. Loses the plot too easily and let's it affect his game. Needs time on the bench.

Kamara - apart from the stupid pass leading to the goal he played ok... Just ok. He's the sort of player who would thrive with better players about him playing as a team.

Morelos - he's a class act. Really is. But like others he let's himself down with his temperament and mindset. I'm a big Alfie fan by the way.

Incredibly frustrating as that team, if it actually stepped up and challenged for every ball, pressed teams and showed some bollocks and anger could go places. But they are mentally weak, lack bottle and fight... Which is incredible when you consider the Europa League run.

It seems the "auchenhowie bubble" is very much in force.

Just in from the game,what can I say, it was shocking!!
Not one player got pass marks apart from Shagger,he really didn't have much to do other than pick the ball out of the net twice
We were bullied all over the park.
The sheep must love playing against us as they have us sussed (apart from the 4-2 game)
As much as I love Alfie he was throwing himself down too much for me
Barisic is an awful player and doesn't look half the player he was when he played against us in the UEFA cup
I think maybe I witnessed the downfall of a few of the players on the park tonight

Absolutely gutted with that shambles. I swear to God it's like fkn groundhog day watching Rangers. Gutless does not even begin to describe them tonight. Not one of them deserves pass marks, fed up with the lot of them, wish the season finished tomorrow.
The season finished for us tonight. Bounce matches and two OF games to endure before we have yet another summer to regroup.

Groundhog Day indeed. Fed up of it

Back