Match Thread ** Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wed 24th January - RangersTV.tv **

I thought for 90% of the game tonight we were strolling it.

Tav was unreal, Wes fantastic and Morelos was brilliant as well although he really needs to start finishing.

Liked the look of Martin as well. Solid and composed.

A wee peek at their forum shows reality is beginning to sink in again. Their delusion is wearing off and they’re back to hoping for a draw at Ibrox. Naw luck :D

I have to admit I was more than a bit apprehensive before the game especially with 3 players that have not played much at all this season.
Credit due to the players though as they gave their all and some excellent football played at times as well.
A bit worrying some of the chances Aberdeen had but Wes was magnificent and thoroughly deserved another clean sheet.
Exciting times ahead I think. Well done Murty and the board.

Think Cummings has to be played with Morelos. We lost our way after el buffalo went off but Cummings didn’t do much wrong. Early days and you can’t blame us for being tired plus they had a full 90 mins more than us under their belt. It’s strange to feel genuinely puzzled as to what our best MF will be when Jack, Ross and Dorrans are back. So many options now.
Think the pair of them would make a lethal partnership.

That ending to the game was certainly not what the doctor ordered!

We totally dominated that game from the start right up until our 2nd goal. Straight from their kick off after that we totally abandoned the high press and sat back and let them at us and thankfully for us that we have the best shot stopper in the league between the sticks for us!

I'm now going to watch Murty's post match video and hopefully he mentions this fact, and hopefully he says it was not part of his gameplan to sit back at that point as I don't want to see that again!

At 2-0 the scoreline flattered them but at full time we could've lost that game all for a crazy 10 minute period where we gave them far too much respect.

Delighted with the 3 points though, and we can safely say that Derek Mcinnes is Graeme Murty's bitch!

Thought we were brilliant tonight!! Could easily have been 3, 4 or 5 up by 70 minutes! Wes made some great saves towards the end but we had sat deeper by them and were 2 up. Were never in danger of losing! Goss looks a great player by the way!

Hungry all over the park tonight and we'll get better as the new boys bed in and the injured come back...11 points to make up? I thought 9 tops and we would still be in with a shout, but its a funny old game the wheels could still come off the poet bogey. We'll have a strong run in thats for sure.

Some poor and unlucky finishing , but until the last 15 we totaly dominated them, excellent performances from Wes, Tav, Holt and Candelias, solid from Bates, Martin and John, overall a cracking performance . Oh, and Goss looks a good one.

26907084_1751772428208783_7098463336266319105_n.jpg

Fantastic result and display bar last ten minutes. Morelos going off or tiredness seemed to make difference at the end but we bossed that game and more than deserved to win. Thought Tav, Wes, Morelos and Candeias were class acts tonight.

Bbc pointing out hull manager was there tonight. Any idea who they were watching? Sorry if it being discussed elsewhere.

Wes 10/10 - at least five outrageous saves tonight, reminiscent of The Goalie

Tav 9/10 - terrific and what a challenge near the end
Bates 8/10 - couple of nervy moments but that aside was solid
Martin 7/10 - great debut
John 7/10 - played well and got forward to cause problems

Candieas 7/10 - couple of poor crosses but gave us workrate and dig
Holt 6/10 - worked hard but was slack, not a bad performance but many more were far better
Goss 8/10 - strolled it, poise and passing plus strong too
Murphy 6/10 - flitted in and out but will give balance on the left and some nice touches

Windass 6/10 - one minute he was missing, the next unplayable, in the no 10 he is a luxury who can cause massive problems for the opposition

Morelos 7/10 - an enigma tonight, worked their defence ragged & scored but also missed three "sitters"

subs
Cummings 5/10 - caused havoc to their centre backs, he'll have a few defenders wanting to boot him up and down with his tenacity and devilment
Halliday 3/10 - barely on and didn't get too many touches
Cardoso 1/10 - not long enough to do anything

Murty 10/10 - can take McShitebag home, put him on the mantlepiece and smile, three in a row against the clucking coward

Not long back. Enjoyed that tonight. Haven't read the full thread so apologies if already covered - but had a wee chortle at the sheepy bastards giving us pelters during the Loving Cup ceremony and then right on cue it cuts to a shot of their chairman taking a drink from it. That shut the cuntos up!

Decent performance tonight and will only get better once some players return and once we cut out the slackness. I can't believe some of the saves Wes made - the fuckers hardly laid a glove on us, but without the keeper's contributions we could easily have shipped 3 or 4 goals. Bizarre!

Really annoys me that Pedro gifted the Sheep a win at Ibrox.

with the squad available that night, we were unlucky

since coming "back" to the top tier, we played them off the park in most of the games

they've won 1 with a cheat giving them a gift of a freekick
and one with our team decimated especially at the back

other than that, they've been schooled - especially by Pedro up there & Murty in every game

Any win tonight will do and I hope that we can exploit their left flank again.

Due to last minute work matters I'm unable to attend, but just completed the secondary ticketing online. Hopefully not too late.

FF it is for the game.

Mon the Bears

Followed the game on here and had magic specs on!!!!! :rolleyes:

My ticket got resold and hope the bear enjoyed the game.

Mon the Bears.

Tonights Ref, Bobby Madden

Seemed to let Aberdeen foul us all over the park.

Why was the keeper not booked for the foul on Windass ?

I can't believe some of the saves Wes made - the fuckers hardly laid a glove on us, but without the keeper's contributions we could easily have shipped 3 or 4 goals. Bizarre!

exceptional from Wes tonight
they should have scored about 3 but by the same token, Morelos should have gotten 4 himself!

Not long back. Enjoyed that tonight. Haven't read the full thread so apologies if already covered - but had a wee chortle at the sheepy bastards giving us pelters during the Loving Cup ceremony and then right on cue it cuts to a shot of their chairman taking a drink from it. That shut the cuntos up!

Decent performance tonight and will only get better once some players return and once we cut out the slackness. I can't believe some of the saves Wes made - the fuckers hardly laid a glove on us, but without the keeper's contributions we could easily have shipped 3 or 4 goals. Bizarre!
That cheered me no end seeing that, wallopers.

Bizarre the sheep shaggers singing about Durrant / Simpson when there own keeper was getting stretchered off.
They really are not normal.

Not sure what the injury will be to their keeper, hopefully not too serious. However, if his leg is mangled do you think we'll still be singing songs about it 30 years from now? Fucking cunts.

We were excellent tonight. Other than the last 10-15 minutes, we were by far the better side and should probably have won by another couple of goals. Foderingham, Holt and Tavernier were the standouts but there were no poor performances and every one of the new guys did well. It's obviously very early days but if this is the kind of direct, positive football we will be playing under Murty, we might not need to look for another manager. At the very least, McInnes is a bullet dodged.

Good performance from us tonight, late wobble after the penalty aside.

New signings all impressed (Cummings less so given the game being a bit frantic by the time he came on but I like his style) and all in a good night’s work.

Roll on Sunday.

Went over the the sheep forum for a laugh, they have a whole thread spewing about taking part in the Loving Cup Ceremony haha properly fuming :D

Wee bit of pain from their forum:D

The bottom line is that the huns just have better players than we do. They have proved that pretty emphatically the three times we have played them this season. They are not great players but they have proved they are better than what we have. They had a load of players out injured tonight (off the top of my head Dorrans, Jack, Alves, Miller, Wilson and Wallace)...yet they still routinely rolled us over. Their squad is stronger and deeper too. The cunts have had a very good January transfer window.

I now fully expect them to finish second. They proved they have a bit of bottle when they bossed Celtic in the second half at Parkhead last month and came away with a deserved draw. I absolutely detest the cunts and it sticks in my throat to say it but unfortunately they are a better team than us.

That’s right Dolly. We are better, and always will be.

Just in. Fantastic confident performance. Tav was superb again. Wes amazing. But is was very noticeable that we came under pressure as soon as Morelos went off. He does a lot more than score goals

Wee bit of pain from their forum:D

The bottom line is that the huns just have better players than we do. They have proved that pretty emphatically the three times we have played them this season. They are not great players but they have proved they are better than what we have. They had a load of players out injured tonight (off the top of my head Dorrans, Jack, Alves, Miller, Wilson and Wallace)...yet they still routinely rolled us over. Their squad is stronger and deeper too. The cunts have had a very good January transfer window.

I now fully expect them to finish second. They proved they have a bit of bottle when they bossed Celtic in the second half at Parkhead last month and came away with a deserved draw. I absolutely detest the cunts and it sticks in my throat to say it but unfortunately they are a better team than us.

That’s right Dolly. We are better, and always will be.

The mindset they've gotten into is amazing. He's gutted that 'unfortunately' we are a better side than them? Talk about delusional. It was only a matter of time before we overtook them. Did they seriously not expect this?

The mindset they've gotten into is amazing. He's gutted that 'unfortunately' we are a better side than them? Talk about delusional. It was only a matter of time before we overtook them. Did they seriously not expect this?

They honestly didn’t, and it’s glorious now that reality has hit.

We can definitely see an improvement and it looks like we may be heading in the right direction at last.
For too long it has looked as if we had too many players unable to handle playing at Ibrox but they stepped up to the plate tonight.
We tired near the end but considering we had three Ibrox debutants at the start, none of whom have played much football recentlly, we didn't have a failure.

Back