Match Thread ** Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wed 24th January - RangersTV.tv **

A wee peek at their forum shows reality is beginning to sink in again. Their delusion is wearing off and they’re back to hoping for a draw at Ibrox. Naw luck :D

Their fans behaved tonight like when they would come to Ibrox 10 years ago , more in hope than expectation . Well normal service has resumed from here on in .

A lot of positives tonight, especially winning when a lot of our players didn't perform to their highest level. Fod, Tav, Holt and Candeias were very good, the rest get pass marks and we had some important players out, so a good night overall.

I can't help but wonder if 4-1-3-2 would have seen us score more goals.

Candieas in the first half delivered three or four balls mid to front post that Sheepy shored up.
Had Morelos had Cummings beside him, would Jase have gone short and grabbed one or two?
Speculation, but the ball was there and we had no takers.

It wouldn’t have because a 4-1-3-2 has 4 central midfielders in it and we didn’t have 4 who were fit.

Well played Gers enjoyed the match.
Was good seeing Ibrox packed out again midweek and atmosphere was good.
Put those sheep c**nts truly in their place.
Great 3pts :)
Now let's keep the momentum going and beat those animals at County on Sunday.

A really enjoyable match and performance.

Some excellent passages of play, good performances and on another day we batter them in terms of score line.

Wes 10/10 - at least five outrageous saves tonight, reminiscent of The Goalie

Tav 9/10 - terrific and what a challenge near the end
Bates 8/10 - couple of nervy moments but that aside was solid
Martin 7/10 - great debut
John 7/10 - played well and got forward to cause problems

Candieas 7/10 - couple of poor crosses but gave us workrate and dig
Holt 6/10 - worked hard but was slack, not a bad performance but many more were far better
Goss 8/10 - strolled it, poise and passing plus strong too
Murphy 6/10 - flitted in and out but will give balance on the left and some nice touches

Windass 6/10 - one minute he was missing, the next unplayable, in the no 10 he is a luxury who can cause massive problems for the opposition

Morelos 7/10 - an enigma tonight, worked their defence ragged & scored but also missed three "sitters"

subs
Cummings 5/10 - caused havoc to their centre backs, he'll have a few defenders wanting to boot him up and down with his tenacity and devilment
Halliday 3/10 - barely on and didn't get too many touches
Cardoso 1/10 - not long enough to do anything

Murty 10/10 - can take McShitebag home, put him on the mantlepiece and smile, three in a row against the clucking coward
That's why he stayed there, so he could keep losing to us.

Great result and a good day at work in Sheepland. Strange game for me as I felt we dominated and Aberdeen were never in it but they could still have scored 2 or 3 although we could have had more also

Hope we can kick on from this and that win will do confidence no harm at all. The good thing is we have options to freshen up if need be and once the new guys get up to speed, we'll be a force,but we really need to start putting teams like County away.

Great result and the team worked their socks off last night,great energy and attitude from all the guys,credit to backroom staff and the fans were great again,let’s keep pushing on Gers.

Wes and Tavs were awesome,but I thought all the lads were fantastic with their effort their ethic,happy Bear today.

WATP

great game, great performance, great result.

Just about thawed out and sobered up.

Thank you Rangers, thanks to the Board, Mr Murty and the players.

And a really big thank you to the fans, incredible once more. On a freezing, windy, wet night, a full house and a great atmosphere.

Thank you again and let's have more of the same against Hibs.

Absolutely brilliant result. The 4 saves Wes made in those last 10 minutes were death defying! How he kept them out is still beyond me. The team played many variations on different themes. It was like watching a new team. Nearly everybody was a standout. Tav just wow. Holt used the captaincy in a way I would never have expected. Urging everybody on. Candeias running back to defend then putting in crosses. Tav and him have a very good understanding. Martin is a big plus. Murphy showed potential. Morelos battered them. Cummings was a little bit lost, but by then we were under the cosh, and saw out the game to its finish. Well done.

Really enjoyed last night, the players knocked their pan in and put in some shift, tired near the end but understandably with so many not having a lot of match time.

Back