Match Thread ** Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wed 29th November - Sky Sports **

Never in any doubt:rolleyes: :D

A great blood and snotters performance, makes a huge difference. Drive, determination, heart and conviction.

Let's forget the shite in the past and build on that.
I sincerely hope you can copy and paste this after Sunday , a great performance but if we go down meekly on Sunday we are back to square one.

What a contrast to how I was feeling last Friday.

Can't believe a football club can have that influence over you!

Delighted :)

I hope he proves me wrong but he’s been here a few months and still looks unfit
I must admit that until tonight I've never seen anything from Peña to impress me but he was the best player on the park in the first half.

But agree that he still looks unfit and faded away completely in the second half.

Look forward to seeing more of him on Sunday...

7 behind the Bheasts, 3 behind the Sheep, Christ if only we could have beaten Hamilton and Dundee. The season is not over by a long shot. If we keep up that level of performance...who knows! Celtics time will come - they will run out of luck or referees!

That's actually an incredible state of affairs. Two disastrous results away from being a point behind the cunts? Goes to show just how shite this league is. Annoying as %^*& we lost those two games.

Gives us a bit of hope that just maybe under a new manager we might be able to get something out of these players, consistently is the key

Great performance - young McCrorie, Jack and Holt worked their backsides off in the engine room. Pena was playing with a smile and a swagger first half but struggled to get involved in the second. How can he still not be fit? Obvious he has oodles of quality but is well off the pace. Spose that’s the reason he’s here.

We were well organised at the back. Tav had a good game but GMS was very poor at the same time. Tav’s biggest asset is his crossing so playing a style that allows him to go forward gives us a great attacking option.

Proved me wrong well done the management team and the players one question though where was that hunger,desire and confidence against Hamilton n Dundee

Well done to the players, Murty and the rest of the coaching staff tonight for getting a great result. If we showed that kind of fire and commitment every week then there would be no complaints from me and we would stroll second place in this league. I thought McCrorie, Holt and Tavenier were all superb but everybody put in a shift. The same again on Sunday would be tremendous.

Like everyone I'm delighted but step back and you wonder where we pull it from. I was fully expecting that sort of score to be in favour of the sheep.

An enigma and a half

I'm absolutely delighted with that result tonight and our fans got behind the team instead of on the players backs. Young McCrorie was outstanding tonight.

Need to keep the momentum rolling into Sunday. We can deliver a killer blow to this mob. And who knows, maybe the yahoos will fall victim to a late penalty.
Sadly no blue moon in the forecast though.

That was one of the best nights I've had at the football. I must admit I had the fear earlier but I take my hat off to the team. They played brilliantly. Alves needs to play every week in that team, he is just so organised and confident.

Was the windass goal offside?

1st time in BF1 too, excellent :D

ratings:

Fod 6 - not busy but had 1 excellent save in the first

Tav 8 - worked hard at the back, supported attack excellent, cool penalty & great finish
Alves 7 - strolled it
Wilson 6 - played well until last portion of game when he tried to get too clever, keeps its simple and he's an asset
John 6 - tried to support the attacks but less effective in that than he usually is

Jack 8 - excellent game, bite and grit + kept the lid on it
Holt 7 - back in good form after a couple of awful games, risky "orange card" tackle tho
McCrorie 8 - superb, strong and stable + passing was amazing
Pena 7 - he always looks like he hasn't hit a pass enough but it always made its man + the goal finish was fantastic

Miller 6 - did what he used to do well, staying in there, fighting & scrapping to make things happen
Windass 7 - worked his socks off, made things happen, caused them havoc at times

Candieas 3 - did ok
Herrera 2 - did ok

Murty 9 - played it perfect, knows Pena is not a worker so he filled the midfield with grafters to let Pena do his thing & stay in advanced midfield

Offshore tonight
Lots of mutton mil esters oot here

Hope we kick on ,that will have burst any confidence they have an gave us loads

Great result tonight from the Gers, Alves was immense in defense and won every header he went for, Pena was better but needs to show this every time he plays and took his goal well.

Controversial ? I would play Tav further forward and try him middle to front.

It was a win we badly needed but let's not get too carried away, a win against them on Sunday will be a big step forward and could give us the extra confidence going forward, a defeat on Sunday will see tonight being a total waste of time as we would be no further forward, we must take tonight's performance into Sunday.

What's more annoying is if we had done what we were supposed to do against Hamilton and Dundee we would only be one point behind the unwashed and three in front of the sheep going into Sunday and if we hadn't dropped stupid points at Ibrox against Kilmarnock we would be top of the league by one point despite the unwashed telling the whole world about them being undefeated, Those are games which we should have won easily.

Delighted to be wrong on this one.

Still can’t quite get over the Aberdeen players arguing that first penalty.

Outstanding performance. So much aggression throughout which was great to see.

Just having Bruno back gives reassurance to everyone. He wins every header he goes for.

McCrorie in the holding role offered so much protection. It meant Jack and Holt could both get forward and support the attacks. Ryan Jack was crunching through tackles in the final third and the first two goals came from crosses by Jack and Holt in the wide areas.

Pena was terrific especially first half. His touch and vision was superb and he finished well. We played to his strengths tonight and it paid off.

Miller and Windass were almost playing as false nines, pulling the Aberdeen defenders all over the place. They had no idea how to deal with it.

Tav was immense all night. Defended well and was terrific in the final third.

Well done to Greame Murty. Tonight was a tactical masterclass.

Absolute brilliant from the team tonight!

We bullied the scum from the north east from start to finish

We wanted it more and that's what in my opinion should be expected from a player when they pull that famous blue top on..

WATP!

Mcrorie is easily my man of match tonight, only Miller never had a good game.
I would not have started Miller however he pulled their central defenders all over the place and created space for us to run into. Fair play to him tonight. DOIng things a lot of people miss

Back