Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

I would give Jack the benifit of the doubt. He had two passengers in Ejeria and Coolbilly on his shoulders. The number of times he had to chase back because of them affected his overall performance.
Yeah fair enough the better of a bad bunch, it just seemed everything ejaria and coulibaly touched it either slowed the play down or benefitted aberdeen in some way-slack or loss of possession!

Its time to drop Ejaria. The guy is skillful and has a great touch but his decision making is too slow and he doesnt apoear to have much impetus or urgency when needed.

Beat a man, draw a man, pass to a man.

Ejeria can do the third part, but it's always to the side or back. He will never be a Rangers player, and can think himself lucky John Greig isn't on the pitch, he would let him know a thing or two about playing for Rangers.

Terrible stuff.

We're not out of it yet, but tonight proves, yet again, that this lot need to improve massively.

Aberdeen are fu*king howling, and offer the square root of fu*k all going forward; yet our record against them this season is a draw and two defeats.

Truly unacceptable.

Never a guarantee to win every home game

Never got out of first gear
2 saves I remember there keeper having

Alfie ,dearie me

Hoped for so much better

Lacking in every department tonight

We just need to go again Sunday

Just home and still pissed off. They are actually brutal and we can't beat them! Makes it more annoying that we have missed a big opportunity with the beasts dropping points!:mad::mad:

I think tonight hammers home that we don’t have what it takes yet. To win leagues you need to take care of games like tonight and it stinks of bottling it

Not long back and still raging. Will use this as catharsis.

McGregor. Didn't have much to do. Needs to screw the nut a bit or he's going to become a target for refs too.

Tav. Poor night at the office.

Goldson and McAuley. Need to be more decisive in winning balls in the air at times.

Flanagan. This needs to stop now unless we're struggling. Halliday should be the cover for Barisic. Flanagan's distribution is wanting, and he offers zero going forwards.

Jack. Tidy enough in front the the centre backs but lacks the ability to thread a pass through the eye of a needle to open teams up.

Coulibaly and Ejaria. These two quite simply cannot play in the same midfield in matches where we're going to be scrapping. They offered very little on that front. Then when Dolly went down to 10 they offered very little in terms of opening them up either. In short, I failed to see them contributing much at all tonight.

Candeias and Middleton. Both have the ability to open up teams. But need a platform to play off of, which they weren't given. Long balls hoofed into the corners is not the service they need.

Morelos. Needs to learn and learn a bit quicker.

Lafferty. Flatters to deceive. Running about and getting stuck in and geeing people up isn't the same as delivering goals.

Grezda. Didn't show much.

Stevie G. Got the line up wrong IMHO and then didn't change it quickly enough.

Overall an opportunity wasted and undid the good work of Sunday. However, I hope the upside is that the manager is learning lots about his player. And we are still in the mix.

Whole team were absolutely shocking.Worse man on the park for me was Coulibaly followed closely by Ejaria.Morelas is the most infuriating player I’ve ever watched.Got all the skills and knows where the goal is.Then does that.Gutted after that display.

Still fuming this morning but the annoying thing is my heart sank when I’d seen coulibaly was being asked to do the Arfield role, he’s neither good enough or clever enough.

We now see the attributes that Scotty brings and is one of our more influential players.

There’s 3 players in that starting team last night that aren’t good enough to play every week in a rangers team, squad cover / back up, possibly but they shouldn’t be starting when others are available.

With the two on loan midfielders I’d be now inclined to look at ou youths rather than them. Let’s see what Kelly or Palmer can do, they can’t do any worse!

Also time for Rossiter to get game time and hopefully grab his chance. I would also bring back Docherty in January to replace these two.

Terrible stuff.

We're not out of it yet, but tonight proves, yet again, that this lot need to improve massively.

Aberdeen are fu*king howling, and offer the square root of fu*k all going forward; yet our record against them this season is a draw and two defeats.

Truly unacceptable.
I am fuucking angry, really fuucking angry. It’s time some of the shitebags in our squad fuuck off. Not everyone is cut out to play at a club like Rangers and those that can’t be arsed to turn up against a bunch of no marks like these sheep shagging bast@rds can leave.

I think a bit of perspective is required. After such a fantastic 10 man performance in Europe against a proper team, now everybody is shite and the gaffer is clueless? What team could have played football against that last night? Between the shite opposition and referee, what chance did we have with that amount of fouls in the first half? The only time I saw the ref play advantage was for Aberdeen in the second half, but earlier when a Rangers player was fouled on the edge of the box, the ball had been played through to Alfie who was in a great position to score. McKenna should also have been sent off after body slamming Lafferty to the ground when he was already on a yellow. The other classic was when the Aberdeen player booted the ball away, possibly in injury time, and McGregor was the one who got booked for complaining to the ref.

Of course people are frustrated and angry at the result, but maybe take a step back and look at where we are in such a short space of time.

Last edited:
I think a bit of perspective is required. After such a fantastic 10 man performance in Europe against a proper team, now everybody is shite and the gaffer is clueless? What team could have played football against that last night? Between the shite opposition and referee, what chance did we have with that amount of fouls in the first half? The only time I saw the ref play advantage was for Aberdeen in the second half, but earlier when a Rangers player was fouled on the edge of the box, the ball had been played through to Alfie who was in a great position to score. McKenna should also have been sent off after body slamming Lafferty to the ground when he was already on a yellow. The other classic was when the Aberdeen player booted the ball away, possibly in injury time, and McGregor was the one who got booked for complaining to the ref.

Of course people are frustrated and angry at the result, but maybe take a step back and look at where we are in such a short space of time.
Great post Hank. Of course we are all pissed off about last night but as usual the amount of bed wetting on here after a bad result is unbelievable.

There are only 2 reasons why Coolbilly and Ejaria dont get dropped an 1 of them is loan agreement to play x amount of games,the other is Stevens ego as he signed them,we have better players on the bench every week but there seems to be a blindspot regarding them,not long ago McRorie was being touted as a future Rangers captain and young Rossiter is a cracking midfielder,surely tae Christ they must be given a chance after that sh1te last night.

my tuppence worth - won't be universally liked methinks

McGregor - 6 - showed desire and drive but almost took it too far, couldn't do anything about goal

Tavernier - 5 - not a great game but far from the worst

Goldson - 7 - the only player to really turn up

McAuley 4 - some bombscare moments

Flanagan 3 - v poor

Jack 3 - awful game, at one point early in the 2nd half we had then pinned in their own box practically, a lazy slack pass from Jack led to their attack & we took an age to get a grip on the game again....bullied by Ferguson which is shameful

Coulibaly 4 - poor but the best of the midfield, was actually trying to push the game on and made some tackles but still not good enough

Ejaria 1 - disgusting heartless performance

Candeias 4 - poor, with no fight that is his default position

Morelos 3 - poor poor game from the usually excellent Alfredo, missed chances and got drawn into their antics, didn't quite see the red card incident but by accounts he was an idiot

Middleton 2 - lost, didn't offer himself enough when on the wing and in the 2nd half even at LB he toiled to get into the game

subs

Lafferty 1 - embarassment, tried to get himself sent off

Grezda 3 - was ok without making a killer impact, needs to start a game not come on

manager 4 - wrong team, wrong tactics especially at 1 down

ref - 2 - all over the place - the red cards were correct but he let the Sheep off with downright thuggery and how Shinne & Ferguson stayed on the park is a mystery

we were not good enough last night thankfully Motherwell gave us a get out of jail card.
hopefully WE will win all our fixtures for the rest of December WATP

Ejaria form has dipped as a young kid this was always going to be the case

Coulabaly confuses the life out me
As what a player he looked afew month ago

Jack is just an honest midfielder
Who gives his all

Wee need better
I imagine the gaffer knows this

Apart from the goal Aberdeen did very little to worry us

We had good heading chances
An Morelos should score the 1 he ballooned over the bar

Games like this happen now an again
Sometimes you get over the line playing rotten
Sometimes you don’t

Expected a better tempo to our play considering the stakes of the game ,as in showing everyone else we can stay top

22 well paid, very very well paid, so called professional footballers put on a show last night that was definitely not football. Wouldnt it be great to have the Management and players before a panel of fans who have paid to watch ,asking them questions about their performance.My money would be on none of them being willing to do that. In fact Im sure certain questions wouldnt even be allowed to be asked.

Well Done Kilmarnock btw.

Back