Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

Have to rotate players in and out or others won’t sign and clubs won’t loan players to us. Besides as stated some guys needing a rest badly.
Gerrard is learning to be a manager in the Scottish game whereas we and more importantly the squad are learning how he wants us to play going forward.
Wattie would have won games like this not only because of his experience but because he had much better players than our domestic opponents. We were top of the league a few hours ago and have s chance of European football after Xmas so my glass is half full.
Hopefully an important player signed in the January window and a couple more coming back from injury. Disappointing result but chill lads.
Morelos ? Now that’s a different story !

Tonight was a sore one, no doubt about that. But there are positives. We play Dundee and should win that, scum play Kilmarnock and there's every chance Kilmarnock could win that game. Most of all we're still above them in the league.
We move on and take our rage out on Dundee

he started off his defence with "the fans won't like hearing it"

aye? well don't fucking say it then

the whole team were abject, end of story

ironically enough the so called celebrations at beating hearts FFs

just went to emphasise what a loser mentality still has its grip on these players
There is still alot of weak points in the team . He knows it and wee all know it . Gerrard can't say it . January will see alot of movement. I've thought that for a while . Said months ago we are going to get a few shocks

Have to rotate players in and out or others won’t sign and clubs won’t loan players to us. Besides as stated some guys needing a rest badly.
Gerrard is learning to be a manager in the Scottish game whereas we and more importantly the squad are learning how he wants us to play going forward.
Wattie would have won games like this not only because of his experience but because he had much better players than our domestic opponents. We were top of the league a few hours ago and have s chance of European football after Xmas so my glass is half full.
Hopefully an important player signed in the January window and a couple more coming back from injury. Disappointing result but chill lads.
Morelos ? Now that’s a different story !
Loan players wont win us the title...

It’s hard to trust Morelos to stay on the park when sitting with a booking - but when the opposition have already a man sent off you don’t leave Morelos on the park with a booking. He simply can’t be trusted to not put a stupid tackle in or do something stupid to give the ref the chance he needs.

This was a game littered by poor managerial choices right from the team picked.
Especially against a team that breaks up a game, niggles, moans at the ref and show no interest in actually playing football. Add to that the media attention, his previous form for this and the pressure on refs then it’s no surprise he was red carded.

I just feel utterly deflated, all that hard bloody work to get back to where we belong and we churn out a performance like that. Only positive is, other results went for us and we're second place, Kilmarnock won't stay top, 29th is looking very, very crucial.
I’m concerned that December will do for us. Lafferty upfront gives me little confidence and we seem to have that type of performance in us on a regular basis. We still have a fair amount of players who just are not good enough. I do not think it’s realistic to expect us to really challenge or win the league this year. Loan players and bargains usually reach the level you expect. That’s what we saw tonight. No real class or guile. Lots of effort but very little skill.

Tonight was a sore one, no doubt about that. But there are positives. We play Dundee and should win that, scum play Kilmarnock and there's every chance Kilmarnock could win that game. Most of all we're still above them in the league.
We move on and take our rage out on Dundee

No Arfield or Alfredo. I need to say thst I'm not confident for Dundee away.

Will Jack ever take a bloody shot at goal every time he puts it out wide.
Ejaria is not what we need
We need midfielders who can drive forward shoot thread a pass not that bollocks we have

Unpopular as this may be but Naismith would have been a better option than Jack

It’s hard to trust Morelos to stay on the park when sitting with a booking - but when the opposition have already a man sent off you don’t leave Morelos on the park with a booking. He simply can’t be trusted to not put a stupid tackle in or do something stupid to give the ref the chance he needs.

This was a game littered by poor managerial choices right from the team picked.
Before tonight he's only received a 2nd booking once during a game and it was the UFA where the ref booked him twice in the same incident.

So why was it hard to trust him to stay on the park while on a booking when he's never been sent off in the situation before?

How much longer do we have to wait to see Rossiter used more often? Even as a sub to freshen up what seems like a very tired and lack lustre midfield. Rossiter is being treated like a delicate child instead of a professional footballer. Will we ever get to see him regularly? There are players in the midfield who need to know they are not automatic choices despite some being loan players.

Midfield depends too much on young players. Need an experience attacking midfield professional to drive them on. Need Davis and another striker in January. Got a kick in the bollocks tonight but Motherwell did is a favour. Midfield needs to toughen up and shoot on sight instead of tippy tappy football. Can be angry tonight as we should be. Got to be a reaction and consistency before 29th. Important games coming up. Let’s Go!

We've hardly been schooled by mcinnes, Aberdeen were utter dung. Had it not been for getting a fortunate early goal then they offered nothing going forward. If out final ball had been better then we'd not be sitting here moaning .

Flan needs to not start, coulibaly needs dropped too. Halliday needs to start until barisic is fit. The desire that was shown in the last game was missing.

Gerrard to blame tonight for his team selection but the players he picked shat it

Fucking fuming

Morelos played right into that clowns fucking hands

Will Jack ever take a bloody shot at goal every time he puts it out wide.
Ejaria is not what we need
We need midfielders who can drive forward shoot thread a pass not that bollocks we have

There lies our problem. Our midfield can’t run with the ball or beat a man. Everything therefore goes down the wings. We’re too predictable now.

I just do not get SG's desire to play Coulibaly in every match he is fit for. His first touch is rank rotten; his passing ability is non-existent; he creates the square root of nothing: What is he there for? What is he supposed to be doing?

I dare say he'll be in the next starting line-up too, and once again we'll be a man down from kick-off. When others lose form they get dropped. Why not Coulibaly? I really don't understand it!

Well, that was absolutely horrific - where on earth do these performances, when everyone is simultaneously utter garbage, come from ?!?! It's truly unbelievable.

We can argue that Shinnie & Ferguson should both have been red carded - it's not even debateable - but even allowing for that the individual shocking performances of our players was truly staggering.

That midfield three actually depresses me. It's ridiculous that we can put out a midfield three where none of them can create and none of them can get beyond a defence and score the odd goal.

You don't win anything constantly shipping the ball out wide and flinging it across.

The worst thing we can do now is throw the toys out the pram and drop points in the next game like after the last time Abderdeen beat us.

Of course at that point many had us written off, before our recent resurgence.

Consistency seems to be a problem this season, we are capable of a good performance but can't help feel with the volume of games and squad it's probably too much of a stretch to achieve results against Villareal, Hearts and Aberdeen in the one week. Particularly with 10 men.

Basic passing let us down tonight; far too many balls went straight to a Sheep.
Easy to blame the ref as well but both of them seemed determined to keep the red tinted glasses on tonight - both McLean and Shinnie.

55 is looking to be an unrealistic goal this season, when that utter dross from Aberdeen can come down to Glasgow and beat us twice, never mind us having to beat that mob.

You could argue that vast majority of that squad dont have the mentality to drag us to the next level (few exceptions obv like McGregor, Lafferty etc). I include our current captain in that who has never won anything in his life.

We need to strengthen in Jan, bring in winners like Davis etc and punt the SPL dross like Ryan Jack. Bar Kent, terminate the loan deals as well.

Absolutely no reason to drop Halliday. If Barisic is fit then fucking play him. The constant centre back changes, Katic in the wilderness after poor performances yet others like Ejaria and Coulibaly walk into the team despite constant poor performances.

Barasic last two matches he was dreadful, let's not build him like we did Coulibally.

As that seems to have gone south.

The defence of Ryan Jack has to stop.

He needs to do more, far more.

As a central midfielder you should not be laying the ball off to the centre backs for them to move the ball forward. You should be taking the ball off the centre backs in order to move the ball forward.

He's not alone, Coulibaly was equally terrible.

We miss Arfield incredibly.

We need to sort the midfield. I'd like to see Rossiter & McCrorie + Arfield. Bring Steven Davis in January. Very disappointing result, but we're right in it & everyone is dropping points.
File this one away as a bad night & we move on. SG said there would be hiccups & we need to back the team. Onwards to Sunday.
Hiccup? This was a loud boak followed by a torrent of vomit.

Another thing that I was reminded of with tonight's woeful performance...

When Tavernier is below par he's a real 0/10 player. Can completely stink the joint up.

Crossing and passing deteriorates to school level. Can't seem to get the basics right when he starts poorly.

Back