MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We spent literally nothing in the summer. I don't disagree that Gerrard deserves criticism, but a sizeable majority of the current squad could retire tomorrow with one league title being the most they could ever have hoped for. That might be where we are now, but it's not the mentality this club was built on or what we should be aspiring to.
True but tonight we played steam with a back three of Bates, McCrory and Brown. One of them in his football dotage and the others players we rejected. They had Hayes, Johnny Hayes, upfront ffs!! We have far superior players to them so the fact our players.. could retire tomorrow... cannot be an excuse. We should still be better. We barely created a chance from open play tonight against an injury hit team.

Reactions: dmg
True but tonight we played a team with a back three of Bates, McCrory and Brown. One of them in his football dotage and the others players we rejected. They had Hayes, Johnny Hayes, upfront ffs!! We have far superior players to them so the fact our players.. could retire tomorrow... cannot be an excuse. We should still be better. We barely created a chance from open play tonight against an injury hit team.

Aberdeen all up for it against us. Look who scored. No excuse bare in mind because we are shocking and winning 0 this season. We are gonna fall well behind. I tried to stay positive. I tried to believe we will pick up. Now I don't. I have no faith no more.

Insipid and weak performance. Unprofessional on and off the park, Celt*c will tear that shower of fuckin imposters to ribbons.

A paper thin group of weaklings with limited physical strength and zero mental strength.

They better start getting their shit together or they'll be on the sharp end of the Rangers fans. The 55 season is over, get back to fuckin work!!!

It’s quite worrying for me Tav and Barisic are the only ones who can put in a decent corner and when one of them is missing the next in line is awful.

Same with crossing from open play, I know sometimes it gets too much, but for me, we needed a couple of decent balls from open play tonight and got %^*& all

True but tonight we played steam with a back three of Bates, McCrory and Brown. One of them in his football dotage and the others players we rejected. They had Hayes, Johnny Hayes, upfront ffs!! We have far superior players to them so the fact our players.. could retire tomorrow... cannot be an excuse. We should still be better. We barely created a chance from open play tonight against an injury hit team.
I thought Big Bass and Leon dealt with Johnny Deadpool well tonight any time he was on their side but when he switched Tav, Goldson and, before he was subbed off, Lundstram too couldn't get near him.

Deep into the second half, nearer the end, big Leon was still sharp to him and won a ball IMO cleanly 5 yards outside our box intended for him. He sold Beaton a foul though with his play acting which when I think about it wasn't that much of a surprise.

We seem to lack any savvy in these types of games as he'd been play acting all game. With the likes of Beaton as the ref he's giving them the foul anyway so leave one on those types of player in the first 50/50. Let them know that if they are going down there's a good chance they're getting stretchered off into the bargain. Change who's making the hit too. Take turns spread the load.

Pathetic. Can we now finally start asking questions whether or not Gerrard is good enough to win us 56 ?

55 was amazing, but that's in the past now. This title is arguably far more important given what's at stake and we look like we're giving up already, and it's not even November.
Not getting past Malmo was a disgrace Jelle.

I’m afraid results like that just aren’t good enough.

The excuses don’t wash anymore and I’m seriously worried about where our season is heading. We look more and more like the side of 2019/20 than we do champions if the country. I fear one bad result against the poets and this side will buckle. We don’t seem to have a game plan anymore, and our defensive organization is dreadful at times. We are knocked if our stride far too easily and all the effort in the world can’t mask poor finishing.

How sad that a club Legend passed and a fitting tribute to him was served up with that garbage tonight. You would of expected the starting 11 to run through a brickwall to respect his memory and destroy the worst Aberdeen side ever assembled.
Morelos and Roofe doesn't work ffs play Alfie as a proper 9 and stop this coming deep crap.
The midfield is so pedestrian why oh why didn't we sign McCann from St Johnstone he went for a steal.
Truly fear the beggars will sweep us aside very soon.

Just back to hotel, 1st match of season for me, great to be back, but that team is not winning the league unless there is some quality added in January! Brutal in final 3rd, sheep took their two chances! Long season awaits...as if we didn't know already

The team have not played well all season maybe 45 minutes v Hearts. Otherwise everyone has been poor. To me the team needed strengthening in the summer with first team not squad players. The funds weren’t forthcoming to trade out players and bring in better. We are suffering as a result and whilst we visibly weaken they are visibly strengthening so my view has changed and I expect them to win the league and CL qualification therefore further strengthening and leaving us in trouble and needing a lot of investment to get going. But what do I know and I expect to hear from the staunchest of staunch but I’m literally just home was soaked drove 3 hours each way today for that ?

One of the worst displays of passing ive seen a Rangers team do. Was just sloppy as anything. We genuinely looked like we had no ideas or rhythm in our play at all. I won’t lie I’m starting to get a bit concerned with these performances

Starting to wonder if kamara is a luxury player we currently can’t afford . Looked good In a team playing well last season but he isn’t first choice defensively . He’s behind Davis and lundstrum . In most spfl games we need 2 attack minded cm’s he does absolutely nothing going forward and his numbers or lack off reflect that

Living in N I, unfortunately, I couldn't be at the game.

We old farts watched on a small phone screen - buffering et all.

Individually, we were shite - who earned their SPFL quality wages?

"Oh! This is Aberdeen's /Hibs/any other shite's club's cup final - No - this is RANGERS - no tupenny ,dog"s balls cunty club - WE ARE THE GLASGOW RANGERS _ We win?! Losing requires a different, and alien mind set.

And also a mindset to which I don't wishi can5 subscribe.pl

These players couldn't get themselves going for this game of all games. I find them embarrassing and every one of them has fallen dramatically in my opinion of them. I'm sure SG would have told them how important this game was for us. If they couldn't do it tonight of all nights then most of them have shown an attitude I dont want to see at my club. Too many thinking they have "been there and did that".

SG needs a talk with every one of these players individually to weed out the losers.

Where are the ‘we’re only one point behind last season’ crowd now? There’s clearly major problems just now and we aren’t the same team at all. We’ve been woeful this season.

Poor again last night. Usual suspects at the back letting us down. Lundstram playing far too deep, does he think he’s Beckenbauer? Hagi poor, his lack of pace is alarming.
Need to ring the changes now or we won’t be top after the weekend.

no intensity, no high press, players look slow
this team are not a patch on last year.
do they think winning 55 was the final target,
they have took their eyes off the ball, we are rangers
we want 56, 57, 58. To many players have got what it takes
to play for rangers far wrong

You 100% motivated for your work after losing a colleague or a friend?
What I'm saying is I was expecting them to hit this game full on and what I seen were players going through the motions, almost like they can't be ar3sed to play for Rangers anymore.
Last night of all nights was the opportunity to lift the fans, we should have hammered the sheep. In the end they bossed us in our own home for most of the game. Not good enough.

Not good enough. Lundstram lost the ball against St Mirren which led to their goal. He did the sama again against Aberdeen and gifted them one of their easiest goals this season. And for Tav to lose potato head at a corner is unacceptable. How we managed to salvage a draw when the team is not playing well was a bonus.

Something is wrong! There has to be a simple reason. We as a support are baffled by the change in team spirit and performance. If this continues SG won’t be here next season. It has to be sorted out. Is it money? Are Tav and Goldson miffed that say, Lundstram is getting more than them? Who on FF knows what is happening behind the scenes? Do we know how much Tav, Goldson and Lundstram are on? This cannot go on. According to Rangers tv we have gone behind 8 times this season. Aberdeen’s first goal was a comedy of errors and all our own doing. We as a support deserve some answers.

Couldn't help notice Voldemort Brown prancing around with his old demented, smiley Cheshire Cat face.

Not so sure his employers and the Aberdeen fans will share his joy at their 12 points.

As for pathetic and embarrassing managerial-organised time wasting with players fainting all over the park.

It would be interesting if someone could record ACTUAL time wasted.
Who are you kidding?

They would be revelling in the play acting.

Have you been living in a bubble the last thirty odd years?

Not good enough. Lundstram lost the ball against St Mirren which led to their goal. He did the sama again against Aberdeen and gifted them one of their easiest goals this season. And for Tav to lose potato head at a corner is unacceptable. How we managed to salvage a draw when the team is not playing well was a bonus.

Something is wrong! There has to be a simple reason. We as a support are baffled by the change in team spirit and performance. If this continues SG won’t be here next season. It has to be sorted out. Is it money? Are Tav and Goldson miffed that say, Lundstram is getting more than them? Who on FF knows what is happening behind the scenes? Do we know how much Tav, Goldson and Lundstram are on? This cannot go on. According to Rangers tv ot good enough. Lundstram lost the ball against St Mirren which led to their goal. He did the sama again against Aberdeen and gifted them one of their easiest goals this season. And for Tav to lose potato head at a corner is unacceptable. How we managed to salvage a draw when the team is not playing well was a bonus.we have gone behind 8 times this season. Aberdeen’s first goal was a comedy of errors and all our own doing. We as a support deserve some answers.

Lundstram didn't lose the ball against St Mirren. He was (and is) too slow and cumbersome to react to a duff pass from Tav.

As for the captain? As much as we cherish his assists and there was a certain amount of pressure on him to deliver frrom the spot last night, which is all of his own making of course. He is first and foremost a defender. And the second goal is proof positive yet again that, that part of his game will always be inferior to his offensive play.

But getting back to Lundstram? A smashing goal apart, and that should be viewed as a rarity and of novelty value, he adds nothing to the team whatsoever.

I agree 100% Azzuri.

I don’t want Morelos coming 40 yards deep, I don’t care if he is “improving his game”, I want him in the box ready for when Wright, Kent or Hagi put a dangerous ball into the box. He’s no us 40 yards out - he ain’t no Brian Laudrup.
Have been saying this all season-We need him in the box

We need goals and him and Roofe should be spending most of the game in and around the box

Lundstram looked knackered last night, noticed this in games before where he is really strong in the first half but drifts out if it in the second.

Individually and collectively we look a long way off our best form from last season. In my book there is not one player playing anything like the standard that has been set. Very worrying that the most recent signings appear not to be trusted to step up when three of our better players are missing injured and the team as a unit is not going very well.

An absolute shambles, it's hard to know where to start. It's been said before but there never seems to be any game plan on how to turn things around when we go behind. Needing a dubious penalty to get a result against 1 of of the worst Aberdeen teams in recent times is embarrassing.
Didn't vote as not 1 player gets passmarks.

Absolutely gutted, watching it back the defence is shambolic for the first 30 minutes.
Tav doesn't know if he is coming or going.

Whilst others might complain about him at the moment, I just love that Alfie gets it.
He scores, he wants the crowd to raise the roof and get the team pushing on.
When Tav scores the penalty he wants to mess about celebrating, but Alfie grabs him to get him to stop wasting time (he isn't settling for a draw).

Been saying for months that this team moves the ball too slowly going forward, even when we won matches. If you keep doing the same thing for too long, you get in a rut and it's very difficult to break out of it.

Now, even the stallwarts of FF are starting to see that there is a problem. The Gaffer knows there is a problem, of course he does, however he's stuck with the players he's got.

I think we might see a few changes on the pitch though because he sounded very frustrated with the constant mistakes at the back, hell, maybe he'll even drop Goldson or Tav. If he dropped both of them, that would surprise me but who do you replace Goldson with?

Deary me. What a brutal post.
Brutal wanting to be top of the league even playing shit?

I guess you would rather we were 2nd or maybe even 3rd but playing Angie style football.

Only thing brutal is folk like you who are so short sighted and didn't see Celtic were going to come back at us all guns blazing this season whilst we have had major players like Kent, Jack and Helander out injured plus all the other covid crap we have dealt with.

Now stop wetting your pants and prepare for a long hard season because it sure as hell wasn't going to be anything like last season.

Brutal wanting to be top of the league even playing shit?

I guess you would rather we were 2nd or maybe even 3rd but playing Angie style football.

Only thing brutal is folk like you who are so short sighted and didn't see Celtic were going to come back at us all guns blazing this season whilst we have had major players like Kent, Jack and Helander out injured plus all the other covid crap we have dealt with.

Now stop wetting your pants and prepare for a long hard season because it sure as hell wasn't going to be anything like last season.
We’ve been atrocious this season and being 2 points ahead of a dismal Celtic team doesn’t change that fact.

Get your head out of the sand.

What will your excuse be in another couple of matches?

Playing the way we have been has us level on points with Celtic”?

And another two matches after that?

Playing the way we have been has us only 2 points behind Celtic”?

The ONLY reason we are still top is because of the horrendous start Celtic made. But they are now over that and are in form.

We started unconvincingly and have gotten worse.
Stop wetting yer pants and buckle up its gonna be a long season and people like you just create unnecessary panicking.

Good result today for those who think Celtic have suddenly become fantastic!

Sure, we're not firing too great at the moment but far too early to press the panic button.

Let's just get back to guarding the goal and trusting the front players to take care of the rest!

Back