• Itten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelly

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
FFS
Do we get 30 points for beating Celtic or summat?
I think we will beat them - but it’ll mean sweet fa if we lose the next two after that.
Get ourselves sorted- this squad has been together in the main since early July so we must have an idea what the best starting 11 is. Get them on the park for a run of games - then tweak with the new signings gradually.

I really hope so!
Even last season we played some cracking stuff but also caused a lot of frustration during games with some poor decisions and like now some lapses in concentration! We have been punished early this season you dont become a bad team over night I am sure these guys will sort it out!

Half way through the first half I was hoping the Taliban were closing in on Glasgow.

worst performance by a Rangers team under Gerrard I think in the first 45.

Might be an idea to read the comment before responding bud. Either that or you've replied to the wrong post!!!
I agree with you completely, didn’t word it well though. Whether it’s sitting off waiting til the opposition cross the halfway or when we have the ball passing it around between the centre-halves, fullbacks, Davis and McGregor for an eternity before looking for a forward pass, the lack of urgency just gives the opposition the time to get themselves organised

Proper game of 2 halves.
Dunno if 1sf half performance was terrible, but wasn't far off it.
2nd half, better tempo, wright changed the game, who.e team then stepped up.
Really needed a 2nd goal.

Even last season we played some cracking stuff but also caused a lot of frustration during games with some poor decisions and like now some lapses in concentration! We have been punished early this season you dont become a bad team over night I am sure these guys will sort it out!
They seem lazy though! That's the fear!

John Lundstram cannot play beside Steven Davis. He was awful tonight. Looked like he couldn’t be arsed and decided to make stupid, lazy challenges to get himself sent off. A shocking performance from him.

The rest of the squad except Kent were ok, top marks going to Bassey and Wright.

Kudos to the fans too who backed the team superbly.

How did we play then? I couldn't watch the game.

Good to see we won but issue is that with the narrow victory we will have to put a strong team out in Armenia before the OF game. At least Kamara will be back.
Poorly, but against poor opposition. I'm very grateful that they were utterly useless going forward because otherwise we would have been in serious trouble..

First half was as poor as I've ever seen us under Gerrard. Kent was unable to pass or cross and when fed for an absolute sitter he sent it over via the crossbar. Lundstram got himself sent off for two covering fouls when we dwelled on the ball doing nothing and gave it away dangerously (once his fault, once someone elses). Morelos received no service. Hagi and Tav's set pieces were either hit against the first man or ballooned over everyone. Bassey was decent but his crosses went to nobody.

Second half was better. Two further forward helped create something. Wright was good and Aribo did very well. Morelos started to get service. Hagi seemed pissed off with his own performance and those around him.

Not much to be positive about from that game.

When will we realise we don’t have a Hately or Prso to aim at, aimless punts into the box seems to be our main tactic, get the ball on the ground please, cause some confusion.

Lundstram is definitely the new whipping boy on here and admittedly he hasn’t helped himself with some poor displays since his arrival, but he’s a player we appear to have been interested in for quite a while so clearly Gerrard, Wilson and Beale feel he has attributes that fit in with our style of play.

Remember we all had Barisic written off as a complete dud after his first season while many felt Davis looked past it after his first few games back at the club.

I’ll give Lundstram a little bit longer before writing him off completely.

Nothing desperate about Rangers winning games of football, Gerrard will be in esteemed company alongside Souness, Smith, Advocaat, McLeish in winning games when playing poorly
It wasn’t the performance, just Lundstrams I was talking about.
I’m actually quite pleased with the performance in the 2nd half.

Gerrard has brought in a lot of pace; Kent, Wright, Sakala. But we don't have the midfield to release that pace. We need the playmaker who can pick the killer pass and get the pacy players in behind the defence.
Exactly right, Hillheadbear!

I have been thinking the same since the transfer window opened.

I know it looks like Veerman is out our reach financially and we seem to looking elsewhere but we are in desperate need of that creative playmaker who can unlock defences and utilise the pace we have.

When will we realise we don’t have a Hately or Prso to aim at, aimless punts into the box seems to be our main tactic, get the ball on the ground please, cause some confusion.
You're right we don't have that type of player but don't you think we need one?

Sadly everything Sheff Utd fans said about Lundstram seems true.

Struts about thinking he’s Steven Davis, he’s not even close, I was thinking Gerrard needed to hook him at ht after the booking, boy didn’t even have the brains to make it that far. He’ll be a total liability in an old firm

It was a win but given the level of opposition it has to go down as another poor performance. No urgency at all and if they had anything up front we would have been in trouble. I thought Scott Wright did really well when he came on and Bassey was Man of the Match for me.

Also, can we punt Lundstram? An idiotic sending off tonight.

Some people on here were predicting a big win and comparing the other team to Dunfermline.
Fair enough perhaps if we play to our very very best. But lets be honest we're still the same team that could lose to StMirren and StJohnstone ... and has never won a game easily in Europe (apart from StJoseph) .
A great effort from the team to get something from the game.
Not going to knock the team on the pitch but you know even our best players are not the consistent world beaters we like to imagine.

We are going to destroy this mob in the 2nd leg. They had zero attempts on target (and only one off target) against 10 men for half the game.

We dominated the first half without any real goal threat and we dominated the 2nd with 10men. At no time in the game did they put us under any pressure.
Hope ur right

Good rest so he can start the old firm game then!

SmartSoggyAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif
I thought he was having a rest tonight.

Winning is the only thing but they are really poor. We have to be positive in the return leg. If we are, we’ll hammer them.

Back