Votes: 87 15.3%
  • Itten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelly

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Poor performance, lifted in the 2nd half with the introduction of Scott Wright.

Anybody still thinking that the midfield is good enough is kidding themselves. We were without Glen Kamara last night and we were unable to really stamp our authority on midfield. A couple of mistakes near our own box could have cost us an Alashkert shot on goal. Up front we saw effort from Morelos but terrible service. Ryan Kent is a shadow of what we've seen from him.

How many wake-up calls are we going to need? How many times can we just write it off as a blip at the start of the season and kid ourselves on that it'll all just suddenly come good? Put Kamara and Roofe into that side and it immediately becomes better. Does it become enough better?

Significant improvement needed from a number of players.

I remember similar gnashing of teeth at the start of last season over Kent’s form. Looked how that panned out.

I‘ll judge the team when we are at full strength.

iLvZvyI.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<
Surprised to see my Hagi vote is the popular vote on here. Toss up between him and Bassey but H's second half performance was tremendous. He needs to have that fire every game.

Maybe we should just look at where we are rather than expect us to win games 3 or 4 nil.
Teams now know if they up their game and their work rate is better that ours they have a chance of getting something. We are far to slow and only for me Hagi Wright and Bassey can play 90 mins at pace and are prepared to run in attack and defence. Aribo at times is OK. We need Patterson and Jack and Wright to start all games for a spell to see just how good he is. Roofe is fine up front and I am happy if he stays their in and around the opposition penalty box.
Lundstram and Arfield for me are not good enough and while Davis we know is a top player we can not expect him to run all over the park every game.
I expect us to get through to the next stages up it might even be with a draw at their ground as they might lack skill but they will think they have a good chance of going through and will run hard at us.
Dont think this season will be as easy as last and SG needs to get us going and be prepared to leave out Tav and some others to show not all just need to turn up and play.

Came on to vote for Hagi as MOTM, thought him, Bassey and Wright when he came on and maybe Morelos (2nd half) were the only real contenders.

But, six votes for Lundstram!!

And two votes for young Kelly?? Did he even touch the ball in his one minute subs appearance!!!

Back