Match Thread Rangers v Ayr United - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

Good performance tonight and a well won game. Some nice goals in there and pleasing performances.

Middleton was on fire tonight. Brilliant performance. Ejaria was really good as well. Halliday worth a mention for his overall performance but great play to set Middleton twice.

Defence didn't have much to do but were pretty solid when needed.

Referee was a disgrace. Once again a Scottish ref just embarrasses themselves with their incompetence.

Nice to see Rossiter back. Looked like he got through the game well and played not too badly.

A lot of hard work has gone into these recent home performances.
Ibrox now becoming a horrible venue for visiting teams again.

Satisfactory night’s work even if Madden’s performance and Alfie’s undeserved yellow takes a bit of a shine off things. A bit worrying how we lost our focus in the final third without a recognized striker in there.

Hard to argue against Middleton as MOTM, but I thought Halliday and Ejaria both put in a really solid shift. However for me Kent stole the show tonight with a fabulous performance from start to finish

Sheep in the Semis please...

Last edited:
A good night's viewing. Lots of good coming out from that match. Youth getting a go and injured players making a comeback.

Ref was a grade 1 prick right enough.

Fine, fine performance again from the Gers

This squad are looking special, Glenn Middleton looks fantastic, Kent getting better, Rossiter classy, Ejaria immense and another game for Dorrans getting back to fitness

Things are bright

So you don't stand by your previous assertion that he should be happy to be refereed to a different standard than other players?

The fact is he does and we as a club do but him giving out dissent plays into that doesn’t it so it’s better to take his warning and go and score.

Another good result and performance from the team. The years of waiting are over, though shouldn’t have been required in the first place. Never forgive and never forget what the haters put us through - they must be gutted that we’re so healthy!

Ejaria, Kent and Middleton play so well together. Just awesome to watch at times.

Grezda looks a find, he's going to terrorise defences when up to scratch, and looks physical.

Halliday was brilliant, played like a captain.

That was good to watch. Enjoyed that :)

The tackle on Morelos was a carbon copy of what Grezda was booked for in the second half.

Except Morelos was booked for complaining about the challenge.

I know this and so do the players that’s why he has to learn to walk away from them they want bite.

Good performance overall. Ejaria put in a shift, as did Kent. Middleton played well and deserved his 2 goals. Could have been a hat-trick if he had hit the ball first time coming off the keeper. Worrall was impressive with some of his crunching tackles. Grezda showed signs of ability. Everybody has already learned to double-back automatically to defend, gather the ball then switch to attack. I like it.

Great professional performance. Outstanding stuff from Ejaria, Middleton and Kent in particular. We finish with 2 yellows to Ayr's none - incredible.

Good performance again.

This team is rapidly growing into one of my favourite ever Rangers teams

I loved the first two years of the Advocaat era and the UEFA cup team as well as the 9 IAR heroes

There is just something special about this team and it’s driven by the manager

Well done Rangers. 4 goals, a clean sheet and loads of positives. The yellow for Alfredo is the only blemish on an otherwise great night.

Seems every game there are talking points regarding the officials.

Totally inept and inconsistent.

Never rated Madden , he is just another official who is honking.

Morelos needs to watch himself though , he must have known a booking ruled him out of the semi.

Was a bad challenge on him all the same that went totally unpunished , boy probably got the ball but he went right through Morelos to get it.

He would ignore that for every single player from every single game and from every other team in Scotland. Only for a Rangers player would he have got the yellow card. I think we can count that as fact.
I’d go one further and say he’d ignore it from most Rangers players as well.... EXCEPT Morelos. No doubt about it, Alfie is a marked man. It makes you sick when bad tackles on Kent and Ejaria went unpunished. It seems thuggery is okay but don’t dare say a bad word against the officials or your for it ....

He's suspended through nothing but petulance once again and obviously hasn't listened to anyone,Lafferty is cup tied,so that leaves us with only big Sadie as a striker.

Stop making excuses for him,the referee isn't going to change his mind.

The ref won’t change his mind. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t still wrong.

Are you saying that you want our team to be told to not play with passion and aggression? Because that’s how we’ve been playing for the last 5 years and i’ve been delighted with the change.

Back