Match Thread Rangers v Ayr United - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

The Police didn't even look remotely interest. Must have been inches away from hitting the player too.
blog.png

That was a "Tell Him He's Pele" performance from oor Andy. What happened overnight to make him think he could play worldy passes to set up wee Middleton's two goals?

My MotM.

That was a sensational performance from us in all honesty, except for perhaps the first 10 minutes. The astonishing thing is I think we had another couple of gears to go through and that was with a weakened side.

Our pressing is absolutely superb. As soon as we lose the ball we squeeze the opposition and regain the ball incredibly quickly. Ofcourse this will be more difficult against teams with better players but if we can keep that sort of performance going all season then we will not be far away from winning some trophies.

Not one failure tonight from the GK to alfredo everyone was outstanding.. and a special mention,to captain for tonight andy haliday who strolled it.. also the starting 11 the average age was 22 prob went down a notch at the end of the 90'...
FUTURES BRIGHT....
ALSO I WANT TO PLAY AT MURRAYFIELD..

Where will our semi be played ? Is that not both semis on the sunday ? Can't both be at hamden on the same day ? Or am I on the wrong wavelength again ?

Edit - took so long to write this the other posts above beat me to it -
P.S. hate this phone

The ref won’t change his mind. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t still wrong.

Are you saying that you want our team to be told to not play with passion and aggression? Because that’s how we’ve been playing for the last 5 years and i’ve been delighted with the change.
Morelos doesn't throw his arms around in a strop and he plays in the semi final,his sheer stupidity has left us with no strikers in a semi final apart from a guy that can't even get a game.

It's got nothing to do with the referee,Morelos got himself booked and gave the referee an easy decision with his temper tantrum.

Where will our semi be played ? Is that not both semis on the sunday ? Can't both be at hamden on the same day ? Or am I on the wrong wavelength again ?

Edit - took so long to write this the other posts above beat me to it -
P.S. hate this phone
Can you imagine the carnage if the mentally challengeds finish their game and we turn up for the next game! I would imagine a game at Murray field and the other in ham dump,

Morelos doesn't throw his arms around in a strop and he plays in the semi final,his sheer stupidity has left us with no strikers in a semi final apart from a guy that can't even get a game.

It's got nothing to do with the referee,Morelos got himself booked and gave the referee an easy decision with his temer tantrum.

On the other hand he could just passively go to ground and give the ref nothing to even consider about refusing to give fouls to our players. Who knows? 4 or 5 years of good behaviour like that and you might be happy but we may also regularly be seeing our players injured out the squad for a season without even a foul being given. Sounds crazy. If it wasn’t exactly the situation that we are in.

I don’t think anyone should be going crazy (see Boyata tonight). But a little bit of honest protest does is both useful and literally inevitable. I do not want our players to stop doing it. I want referees to stop looking for an excuse to needlessly book our best player.

On the other hand he could just passively go to ground and give the ref nothing to even consider about refusing to give fouls to our players. Who knows? 4 or 5 years of good behaviour like that and you might be happy but we may also regularly be seeing our players injured out the squad for a season without even a foul being given. Sounds crazy. If it wasn’t exactly the situation that we are in.

I don’t think anyone should be going crazy (see Boyata tonight). But a little bit of honest protest does is both useful and literally inevitable. I do not want our players to stop doing it. I want referees to stop looking for an excuse to needlessly book our best player.
You think the referee was looking for an excuse to book Morelos,let's all just ignore his temper tantrum and blame the referee.

Yip referee's fault 100% and we'll totally ignore why he was booked.

You think the referee was looking for an excuse to book Morelos,let's all just ignore his temper tantrum and blame the referee.

Pretty much. Yep.

Players are going to protest about being fouled. It happens every game. They do not usually get carded unless the protest is bonkers (see Boyata). They certainly don’t usually get carded for a little hand waving. You are really honestly not going to stop players launching mild protests. You may be better off asking why is only our star striker regularly booked for something that nearly all players do.

A temper tantrum? He raised his arm in frustration at not getting a free kick for getting chopped down.

He was looking for an excuse to book him as well. He had no other reason to be standing over Morelos who was on the ground holding his leg when the ball had already gone out the pitch for a throw in.

Halliday had some words at Madden in the second half after a foul
No lip reader but it appeared to be industrial language and delivered with some force
Why was he not booked?
Was there a material difference in what was said?
Was it because Morelos waved his arm a bit?
Or was it another example of latent racism in a Scottish official?

Morelos is a liability, boy just won't learn with these daft tantrums. Manager needs to severely boot him in the balls, cracking player but its a team game, it's not all about him

A temper tantrum? He raised his arm in frustration at not getting a free kick for getting chopped down.

He was looking for an excuse to book him as well. He had no other reason to be standing over Morelos who was on the ground holding his leg when the ball had already gone out the pitch for a throw in.
consistency is all we want,halliday did the same as morelos when he was fouled yet no action taken :rolleyes:

I don't know why the referee was hanging over Morleos, was it because he was clearly injured or was it just to tell him to get up?
He seemed to be annoying the player so perhaps it was a language thing and the referee should have taken this into consideration surely before hauling out a card.

I saw several fouls tonight which should have warranted a yellow card, all of them involved late physical challenges that could have resulted in injury.
Yet this referee only used his yellow card for a matter of fairly mild dissent.

It just seems to be the upside-down world of Scottish football when Rangers are involved.

See all this 'Morelos is a liability' pish?

Every one of you lot go to Colombia, express yourself fully in English because you don't speak the language and see how far you get without a gesture.

Absolute joke of a booking, and the usual mob line up to slaughter Morelos by continuing the shite peddled by knobs like Sutton and English.

Catch a fucking grip of yourselves.

Just home and pleased with a professional performance from a bit of B team in areas. Comfortable and flashes of brilliance at times. Occasional wee bits of insight as to why one or two of them aren't first picks in our strongest XI too.

Re Alfredo - a bit silly, perhaps - but he is clearly a marked man with these fucking refs. How their number 6 stayed on the pitch until McCall subbed him was beyond me. Booted our players all over the park. On the other hand our striker has the temerity to open his mouth and MadYin can't wait to book him.

As an aside - what happened in the second half towards the back of GR4? Saw a few guys in orange HiViz jackets wading in, but couldn't see what was going on. NosyFecker Loyal

So he just raised his arm ? He threw his arms about and was booked for dissent,you don't get booked for simply raising your arm.

He asks why it wasn't a free kick,shakes his head and get's on with it and he's playing in the semi final,Instead he's now left our manager without any strikers for a very important match.It isn't the first and it won't be the last and SG has to knock that out of him.

The refs have it in for Morelos.

He doesn't help himself at times but FFS. Madden was booking him for something, anything tonight. He was gagging to.

Morelos is a liability, boy just won't learn with these daft tantrums. Manager needs to severely boot him in the balls, cracking player but its a team game, it's not all about him
Talking shite bud sorry... but you really are talking lillian gish

So he just raised his arm ? He threw his arms about and was booked for dissent,you don't get booked for simply raising your arm.

He asks why it wasn't a free kick,shakes his head and get's on with it and he's playing in the semi final,Instead he's now left our manager without any strikers for a very important match.It isn't the first and it won't be the last and SG has to knock that out of him.
Even if he's run up the park performing Makaton sign language with his arms, what difference would it make? He's turned his back on the ref and is waving at fresh air by that point.

Why is the ref standing over an injured player with his arms folded? He's gone out his way to book him. Halliday was on the end of another stinker (funnily enough not a free kick either) and was standing shouting at the ref. No booking.

Nah, must just arm waving that's dissent.

Books him for shouting but let's all the fouls on Kent and middleton go without a card.2nd half ejaria got took out on touchline,foul not even spoken to.madden was crap simple as

Just watched the managers interview after game,says fredo was unlucky to be booked as It foul on him. Disapointed that hees missing for semi but he didnt get all hysterical in,rip his tights like many on,here are doing...

I've been slating posters for including Grezda in their teams saying he wasn't even involved in the squad thanks to @m@x on here posting the supposed squad and saying Grezda wasn't in it. Ah well, not everyone can get it right all of the time. My apologies to all I castigated.

As for the team itself, a pleasant surprise to see Dorrans fit enough to start; he could yet turn out a very important player for us. Also surprised to see Halliday start at left-back rather than Wallace. Halliday will, as always, give of his best but I think we all know that he's better further forward. I thought Kent might get a rest and Candeias a start but it shouldn't really affect the overall shape of the team.

Tougher night ahead than many forecast I think, especially in what will seem like a half-empty and flat Ibrox (probably still get around 30k there, which is damned good). Should still be good enough to win 2-0.
Apologies, that will teach me from taking the team news from the Daily Record.

That was definitely the provisional squad the put on their Twitter feed.

Back