MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Every one of our players must be on his "A" game right from the start no mistakes. This is a quality team we're playing even with so called players out. 2-2 for me which means we have a better head to head than them and we stay top of the group. WATP

Really looking forward to this game. Assuming Jack is out and kamara and Davis are in. Will it be 2 of Aribo, Roofe and Arfield?

Blind loyalty and man love for this team and Steven Gerrard, and the buzz of a Europa League Thursday morning has me putting on 3-1 Rangers.

Be interesting to see if we can keep the ball as well as we are doing in Scotland against a top opponent in Benfica.

I think it will be very hard to do that and expect they will have a lot of the ball.

However our results against Portuguese teams is very good.

Here’s hoping.
They have a poor to dismal record in Glasgow as well. In any event it will be a massive release from the drudgery of the SPFL. Even if they do have the ball, it wont be aimlessly passing across the back 4. Should be a really entertaining game.

A win tonight and we’ve qualified with 2 games to spare gives us that added option of rotating the squad a bit more than usual
Sounds great.
I do like the idea though we could get another million quid or so if we win our last two games. Plus, I believe we avoid a CL drop-out if we top the group.
There may also be extra dosh for winning the group (not sure about that) :cool:
So if we do win tonight, it could be a dilemma for the management (albeit a pleasant one).

A win pretty much sees us through, so let's go for this tomorrow. Get qualification out the way, then we can rest players in our next 2 Europa games and concentrate on the league.

The only way we go out if we beat Benfica, is Lech beating us+Leige and drawing with Benfica. Benfica drawing with Lech and beating Standard, while we lose against Standard and Lech. Very unlikely to happen.

Basically we win and Lech fail to win, then we are through.
Agree with that mate but with a win worth 500k per match I don't see us resting too many players in remaining matches.

Great opportunity to "empty the tank" tonight.

With the squad we have now our 2nd string should take care of Falkirk.

BTTS / Teds win and I'd double that with whoever the Shettleston's are playing.

I think it will be a good game tonight and Benfica will be coming here to win, so it's going to be another tough game I feel.
Any win will do and even a draw isn't a bad result. I'm going for a 2-1 win with Alfredo scoring in Europe again.
Let's go.

Looking forward to the game with 2 great footballing sides playing each other

Should be a really good game tonight

Win or a draw for us would be excellent for us but Benfica are a very good side and we will have to be at our very best tonight to get a positive result

Heart says 2-1 Rangers - Hope this is correct

Even a point against this 150 million valued team would be a good result but with the current squad spirit so high, I'm going for a 2-0 win for the Teds. Can you imagine the noise and atmosphere there tonight with a full house?

Keep going between ‘they’ll probably beat us, they’re a quality team’ to ‘we’ll pump this mob, we played them off the park last time’

Hopefully the latter comes true. Gutted we’re no there for this one.

Usual surrender monkeys chanting about taking a draw.

The last game against them showed that we should be looking at a win, would be disappointed in anything less.

Keep going between ‘they’ll probably beat us, they’re a quality team’ to ‘we’ll pump this mob, we played them off the park last time’

Hopefully the latter comes true. Gutted we’re no there for this one.

Me too mate - this and the Galatasary game are the 2 I've really really missed this season.

Fairly relaxed about the game tonight. We're capable of winning it and I think we will. Should be a great game to watch. Got the day off tomorrow so will be enjoying a few beers too. 2-0 Rangers.

If we can really turn it on tonight there’s no reason for us not to get the 3 points. We’re favourite with the bookies (13/10, Benfica are 21/10). A draw will be a good result though.

Quietly confident about tonight and a draw wouldn’t be a bad result either in the context of the group.Looking forward to us getting on the ball and getting the passing game going.

How I wish I was getting ready for heading for a meal and drinks before the game tonight.

The good times will return!

Looking forward to the match. Sneak a win would be great!

Nothing to fear, we've shown we're every bit as good as them at this level - no brain farts and we'll take the 3 points. 3-1 to the Queens 11.

Back