MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I think If Jac can play then the only place up for grabs is the right 10, which I imagine would be Aribo.

Good problem to have.

McGregor

Tav CG FH Borna

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo Morelos Kent.

If Jack’s out I imagine Arfield comes in for him in midfield.
Id be surprised if he risks Jack because hes a doubt.

I would like to see

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Roofe, Morelos, Kent

Harsh on Aribo who has been class, but having him on instead of (or along with) Arfield seems very attacking.

Booked the night off work to watch this. I'm expecting a tough game. I think benfica will be better organised & possibly change their tactics this time, however I still think we'll win. 2-1

Id be surprised if he risks Jack because hes a doubt.

I would like to see

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Roofe, Morelos, Kent

Harsh on Aribo who has been class, but having him on instead of (or along with) Arfield seems very attacking.
Yeah I get that, Jack’s his boy though (rightly) so if he’s fit enough I’d expect to see him.

I think Aribo ability to retain the ball will see him get the nod over Roofe to be honest, he is Velcro. That said we could play any combination of players & I’d still be confident.

Anytime i think of Jorge Jesus at Benfica, I always remember this title winning last minute goal by Kelvin at Porto, Jesus falls to his knees in absolute despair when it hits the back of the net

:D

Some of this tonight Rangers

Our form has never been better under SG and Benfica are the best team to come to Ibrox during the same period,that should lead to a fantastic game,hopefully we get at least a draw and Lech don`t win,

any kind of win or even a low score draw(less than 3 goals each) will put us ahead of benfica in the head to heads, then we beat standard and hope benfica beat the polish mob and we're through, don't care if we finish 1st or 2nd in the group, as we got an easier draw than porto last season when we finished 2nd

Was sitting in work today and just wishing I was on my way across the Irish Sea for the game tonight. Killing me not getting to the games, especially this season. Think of the amount of games this season we would be going mad. Celtic, Aberdeen, the European nights just to name a few. Gutted not being there.

anyway cmon the teddy bears. Home win tonight to more or less guarantee us into the knock out stages

Hoping for an exciting game with the Rangers coming out on top. 4-2

Would happily settle for a boring 1-0 though.

A couple of weeks ago I was worried about them, what they could to us, tonight my concern is us.
We go into this game on a terrific run, we should be confident but any hint of complacency and it could be a sore one.
They deserve our very best.

Just watching the highlights from over there and our second goal was a brilliant piece of teamwork for Kamara to score. That attitude and desire will do me tonight, regardless of the result against a CL side. Don't get me wrong, I'm desperate for a convincing win, but our all round teamplay is just a joy to watch and will pay divs in the long run. We are at the least the second best in this group and that style of play will punish more teams than Benfica.
NS
Come on The rangers

Fancy Roofe to score tonight, even when starting out on the right he naturally seems drawn into the middle and just looks to have that lurking instinct and I can see him nodding in a Barasic cross tonight. Hopefully.

The subs:

image.png

Looks like

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Kamara Davis Aribo
Roofe Morelos Kent

Just a guess based on the subs, wont be far off

McGregor Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Davis, Arfield, Kamara, Roofe, Kent, Morelos

Subs: McLaughlin, Bassey, Helander, Hagi, Itten, Barker, Stewart, Barjonas, Dickson, King.

Hopefully Jack, Aribo and Zungu aren't out for too long.

At least we've got options and trio of Roofe, Kent and Morelos will cause havoc.

Back