Rangers V Benfica in Canada 6th Oct confirmed

Travel club 3 night trip with the team could lead to awkward discussions in various bear households :)

I'll be there for sure ,the venue is horrible,plastic pitch ,bmo field in Toronto is far superior for proper football not that other crap cfl or NFL .hamilton is like paisley or greenock compared to Toronto ,but rangers will be there ,so will I .

Bit of a bizarre game, but hopefully it proves to be a worthwhile exercise.

Thinking about heading up as I live in North Carolina. Fly to Buffalo and drive over to Hamilton. I'm sure there will be a cultural celebration around the same time? Lol.

9144-1407227622.gif

Oh yeah!!!

The venue holds 24,000 so I don't expect it'll be a sell out. There's quite a few Scots in the Hamilton area, not so sure about Portuguese. Can't wait to see 'the Rangers over here'!!!

It's during na international break so will have no impact. It's a great game to be invited to from one of the World's biggest and prestigious clubs.

We're away to St Johnstone on on the 13th. I would rather we weren't spending the international break making two trips across the Atlantic to play on a plastic pitch.

I'll be there for sure ,the venue is horrible,plastic pitch ,bmo field in Toronto is far superior for proper football not that other crap cfl or NFL .hamilton is like paisley or greenock compared to Toronto ,but rangers will be there ,so will I .
Can't substantiate for certain but I read somewhere it's being played on grass,not sure if they have the option of both surfaces.

Hopefully we make some decent money out of this
Would be nice - but I can't see how we'd make any proper money out of this to be honest. It's game time, a bit of player bonding and a wee break from Glasgow. I can't see it being much of a money making thing.

Yeah not about money as @MoodyBlue1872 says. Clubs these days are regularly taking their players away during breaks in the league for a cross between a holiday and some training. Just so happens we've had the opportunity to play a game against Benfica during this break. Most of the revenue will be going to paying for the event, hotels, flights etc.

Jet lag not an issue. Our next game is the following Friday evening away to St Johnstone.

Benfica take the thing seriously. Being an international break may see some of their bigger names out sadly.

Down the years the likes of Real Madrid, Ajax have played for it.

Back