MOTM Poll Rangers v Brøndby - Thursday 20:00 - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i thought we were largely excellent tonight

McGregor - a few wobbles, not coming for balls etc saturday clearly got to him

Tav - aside from a couple of times being caught on his heels by their rapid LB, he was playing like his old self
Goldson - another who had a few wobbles but much better
Balogun - terrific game capped off with a majestic header for the first
Barisic - aside from the brain fart at the start of the 2nd half, was great - bombed forward & solid at the back

Davis - terrible 1st half, back to his usual self in the 2nd
Lundstram - one of his usual recent performances, always wants the ball, drives forward, clearly knackered tho
Aribo - wow, amazing 1st half, less involved in the 2nd due to a switch of play but he was fantastic - fought like a lion, held possession and caused havoc

Roofe - often seemed quiet but was doing the graft
Morelos - close with a couple, link-up play was superb but the finishing is still short
Hagi - up there with Aribo, worked his socks off and showed incredible skills

subs
Bassey - was ok at the back aside from 1 lapse which was dealt with, superb with the Sakala chance
Arfield - better from him, drive and desire seemed back
Bacuna - neat and tidy, gave lots of protection
Wright - offered more than he has recently, made a good impact causing them bother
Sakala - ran the line well and made a lot of moves but that was a poor effort when thru

I park on or around Clifford st / langshot st. And just accept the traffic is gonna be bad . Once you have accepted that can just enjoy the match and not worry about running off on 70 mins
Never take the car to games but I am tonight, any suggestions for parking? Coming in from Livi so somewhere near M8 would be ideal. There is a new multi storey at Hydro now isn’t there?

It was a good performance.
Why did we give them the initiative at the start of the 2nd half though? We have done this before in games but after 15 minutes of this we largely took control again. Was Neil Lennon the VAR man for Aribo's penalty claim?

Huffed and puffed a bit,played well in the first half.
Second half that edginess and nervousness crept back in,which we have seen many times this season.
Happy with the result and three points and we should have had a stonewall penalty which would have wrapped it up.

That was incredible BPF, not only the ref missing it, but WTF use is VAR if it can’t see that ?

It’s as comfortable a Euro night I can remember tbh we were head and shoulders above them.

Though my Aribo was excellent and my MOTM.

I meant any of the mistakes were not catastrophic like previous games, I was watching the same game as you but I felt we were going to win and did control the game, I looked for positives and there were lots. We never looked like we were in any danger of losing this game, only my opinion.
We only didn't lose a goal from the Barisic error because their player couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Do that against St Boo at the weekend and we're 1 down. Brondby are pish - we were never likely to lose to them. There were a couple of positives but we played much better against Hearts.

That was incredible BPF, not only the ref missing it, but WTF use is VAR if it can’t see that ?
An unbelievable decision GY especially as the ref was yards away,as for var what's the point of it when they don't give a stonewall penalty like that.
You still have to score from it(if given) but it would have finished the game.
Totally bizarre and ridiculous.

An unbelievable decision GY especially as the ref was yards away,as for var what's the point of it when they don't give a stonewall penalty like that.
You still have to score from it(if given) but it would have finished the game.
Totally bizarre and ridiculous.

Exactly mate.

Gerrard said in the Emma interview he’d seen it again & it was blatant.

From my MFJ view it looked a 100% penalty, and if VAR can’t see that in a match that could mean millions of pounds ???????

I can only assume anyone who didn’t vote for Aribo as man of the match didn’t see the game tonight.
I was at the game and gave my vote to Davis, no real beef with Aribo who had an excellent game but he still over complicates things at times and gives the ball away too often for my liking.

Again, don't get me wrong, seriously considered him and not surprised lots of people voting that way.

Exactly mate.

Gerrard said in the Emma interview he’d seen it again & it was blatant.

From my MFJ view it looked a 100% penalty, and if VAR can’t see that in a match that could mean millions of pounds ???????
Absolutely mate,the stakes really are that high,progressing in European football makes a huge difference to clubs like ours.
On another night in a tight game that could have cost us dearly.
Luckily we got the 3 points tonight and the other group result means it's in our own hands and I'm still confident we will make the knockout stage.

Absolutely mate,the stakes really are that high,progressing in European football makes a huge difference to clubs like ours.
On another night in a tight game that could have cost us dearly.
Luckily we got the 3 points tonight and the other group result means it's in our own hands and I'm still confident we will make the knockout stage.

Exactly BPF, that’s why it was introduced.

We can beat this team away, especially if Kent is back.

They were the worst EL group team we’ve met under Gerrard I’d suggest.

My post was Google maps says a 34 minute walk from the Springfield Quay to Ibrox Park. That was what Google maps informed me when I googled it. 33 minutes was your Google result. %^*& me some people are pedantic. The difference in speed between 1.7 miles in 15 minutes and 1.7 miles in 33 minutes is only hard to comprehend if you have never ran 1.7 miles.
Google Maps says it’s 33 minutes’ walk.

Obviously some people will be able to do it faster.

Controlled the game. Hit them in the first half and 'managed the game' in the 2nd. Hate using that phrase btw.

I'm assuming Kamara will be back for the return leg, or am I wrong there?

Had Morelos's effort gone in just on HT it couldve turned into a tanking I think and across the game there was a constant feeling of more goals to come.

From being dead and buried to having a fighting chance is very encouraging and Rangers are well capable of going to Denmark and winning.

Even if they dont get out of the group at least they have found their footing and will not go quietly.

We only didn't lose a goal from the Barisic error because their player couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Do that against St Boo at the weekend and we're 1 down. Brondby are pish - we were never likely to lose to them. There were a couple of positives but we played much better against Hearts.
What!! we were shite in the second half against Hearts.

quite a comfortable european game for a change
it couldve been more but will accept a victory every day of the week
aribo was easily the best player on the pitch

Best I’ve seen aribo, I’ve said for a while I thought his best asset was ball winning, what he needs is to be playing the same position consistently!

i thought we were largely excellent tonight

McGregor - a few wobbles, not coming for balls etc saturday clearly got to him

Tav - aside from a couple of times being caught on his heels by their rapid LB, he was playing like his old self No he wasn't
Goldson - another who had a few wobbles but much better No he wasn't
Balogun - terrific game capped off with a majestic header for the first He was good not terrific
Barisic - aside from the brain fart at the start of the 2nd half, was great - bombed forward & solid at the back He was desperate. You must've been looking at the wrong player

Davis - terrible 1st half, back to his usual self in the 2nd He was average 2nd half
Lundstram - one of his usual recent performances, always wants the ball, drives forward, clearly knackered tho Average performance - can't play with Davis
Aribo - wow, amazing 1st half, less involved in the 2nd due to a switch of play but he was fantastic - fought like a lion, held possession and caused havoc You got one right at least!

Roofe - often seemed quiet but was doing the graft Poor performance other than the goal
Morelos - close with a couple, link-up play was superb but the finishing is still short Decent but no better
Hagi - up there with Aribo, worked his socks off and showed incredible skills Bright start then tailed off dramatically

subs
Bassey - was ok at the back aside from 1 lapse which was dealt with, superb with the Sakala chance
Arfield - better from him, drive and desire seemed back
Bacuna - neat and tidy, gave lots of protection
Wright - offered more than he has recently, made a good impact causing them bother
Sakala - ran the line well and made a lot of moves but that was a poor effort when thru It was a brilliant save by the keeper - are you blind by any chance?
What's the point in giving us your review of a game last season? Because that can't possibly be last night's game. I've corrected it for you above.

Decent win. We played some good football and kept a clean sheet, but it wasn’t all plain sailing. A couple of lapses, particularly Barisic’s at the start of the 2nd half, would have cost us against a better quality side, yet Brondby drew with the Czechs, so they are not exactly useless.

We were unluckly with Alfie’s shot 1st half and Arfield’s sliced chip in the 2nd. Aribo had a stonewaller pen turned down by var - must have been to specsavers like our Scottish ref ’brethren’ :)). Still, 3 pts and clean sheet.

Was concerned about the Davis Lundstrum combo but actually worked well. Lundstrum showed a lot more energy in getting up and down the left than he has previously.
Still concerned about lack of clear opportunities created which is putting huge pressure on Alfie

Happy with the result but hopefully their strikers will be just as bad for the next game.
Thankfully Lyon came from behind to beat Sparta.
I dont think the Brondy away will be as easy as some think. Remember Malmo who we should have beaten.
As for VAR last night those looking at it should never do it again.
Get the confidence up and score three or more on Sunday.

Joe Aribo…… sensational first half and still good in the second when the game plan changed.
Balogun as per recent games our best defender and that was Tav’s best game in a good while.

We are all allowed our opinions.
I was not impressed by our performance against a very, very poor side.

If you thought Morelos and Roofe played well then I despair. And unfortunately in the last 6 weeks Davis has struggled badly, tonight he just slowed our game down with sideways or backward passes. Barasic has struggled all season and tonight was a continuation of that.

Glad we won, snd sets us up nicely. Win our next two games and 2nd place is ours. But we'll need to up our game!!
I thought Roofe had a decent enough game but spot on with the rest of that.
first 20 mins Davis was woeful and he should stop trying those balls over the top .Once in a blue moon they come off. Tried twice last night and failed both times .
Seen both him and Lundstram in the team together ,i was fearing the worst tbh .Doesn't work well .
The misplaced and short passes from both Davis and Alfie had me wanting to boot the tele .
Add in that one from Borna and my blood pressure was under serious strain in the first 20 of the 2nd half.

Aribo gave far and away one of the most dominating all-round performances from a midfielder I've seen in a Rangers top, going back 25 years.

Utterly outstanding. Should have won a pen too.

Half our players can’t shoot. I’m fed up with these side footed, dink attempts, and looking for the perfect top corner goal. Half the time they amount to pass backs.
Im sure if George Albertz was asked nicely he would come back and show them how to kick a football.
Even a few Zoom sessions would do!!!!

Back