• Poll closed .

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
peH40hq.png

THIS MATCH IS NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Mon the Gers, just do it.

To have any hope of playing in Europe after Christmas this is simply a must win game, and I expect to see a famous victory, with Buff scoring in Europe yet again.

If we play the way we played in the first half against Hearts, we win well.

Last edited:
Having looked at their season, I’d have expected our team last season to walk away with a 3, 4 or 5-0 win tomorrow night.

Not sure how the side this season will cope, but they’ve not even brought their first choice keeper - surely this is a doing?

Currently 6th in their league (12 teams) with 3 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses from 12 games and a zero goal difference.

A win and a clean sheet, please; Rangers. Then the world will be a happier place than of late.
Play up The Famous !!!

Having looked at their season, I’d have expected our team last season to walk away with a 3, 4 or 5-0 win tomorrow night.

Not sure how the side this season will cope, but they’ve not even brought their first choice keeper - surely this is a doing?

Currently 6th in their league (12 teams) with 3 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses from 12 games and a zero goal difference.
A doing? Who have we given doings too this season? Dunfermline at home?

Lyon beat them 3-0 in France with first goal coming on 64 minutes.

Dont imagine even last season we would have done better than that. We only beat Poznan 1-0 at home.

Game will be tight. They will be defensive and likely tough to break down.

Best to always assume European games will be close.

Please avoid horrendous, horrific and dreadful when describing the action. Also, if we go 2:0 up, don't say match over.

To have any hope of playing in Europe after Christmas this is simply a must win game, and I expect to see a famous victory, with Buff scoring in Europe yet again.

If we play the way we played in the first half against Hearts, we win well.

Sorry but at no time will a win over Brondby (home or away) be remembered as a ‘famous victory’ lol. I’m nervous for tomorrow tbh I think we will dominate but we need about 5 clear cut chances atm to score a single goal and our defence appears to let in every second chance it concedes. I’m going for 2-1 to the bears but I wouldn’t be surprised if in our current form this wasn’t another slog tbh.

We’ll likely need to win the next three and take something in Lyon to finish 2nd.

We need a win to get 3rd and Conference participation post-Christmas.

No excuses tomorrow.

Will be a tougher match than we will give credit for, but we still have a lot more to offer than Brondby and for that reason I will go for 2-0 Rangers.

As long as we win, that’s the main thing.

I feel we have played a lot better the last couple of games. Albeit not for the full 90 mins.

I expect a 2- 0 victory but we have to stop this nonsense of sitting back and making defensive subs to protect a lead.

Not even going to attempt to predict the team but i hope for an attacking 4-2-3-1 with Hagi in a free role behind the striker.

Yeah, sent off in last game remember.

Anyone knows how many games he’s out for, is it more because of the other ban he served?

Just one, if I'm reading the list correctly.

We’ll likely need to win the next three and take something in Lyon to finish 2nd.

We need a win to get 3rd and Conference participation post-Christmas.

No excuses tomorrow.
Don't think either of those are accurate tbh. Assuming Sparta take zero points off Lyon over the next 2 legs and we take minimum 4 from 6, both scenarios not exactly out of the question, then we would go into the home Sparta match level on points with them. Anything more than a 1 nil win against Sparta if we are at worst level going into it and we would be through irrespective of the last day results. 6 of 6 over next 2 legs and we become likeliest to finish 2nd as we would probably be 2 points ahead of Sparta before playing them at home. Obviously football is a funny old game etc and Sparta might surprise Lyon and knock the above into touch but highly doubtful imo. Lyon will end with 18 points I reckon and I still believe we will finish second.

At no time this season we have kicked on and played the way we all expect. Will be a typical tousy affair,just hope we can get the win.

Don't think either of those are accurate tbh. Assuming Sparta take zero points off Lyon over the next 2 legs and we take minimum 4 from 6, both scenarios not exactly out of the question, then we would go into the home Sparta match level on points with them. Anything more than a 1 nil win against Sparta if we are at worst level going into it and we would be through irrespective of the last day results. 6 of 6 over next 2 legs and we become likeliest to finish 2nd as we would probably be 2 points ahead of Sparta before playing them at home. Obviously football is a funny old game etc and Sparta might surprise Lyon and knock the above into touch but highly doubtful imo. Lyon will end with 18 points I reckon and I still believe we will finish second.
Agreed, this could the game that kicks starts our season, i feel we are not far away from hitting a good run of form, if we weren't to win tonight then i would really start to worry for our season, that hopefully is not going to happen 3-0 to the champions onwards and upwards for teddy's. WATP

To kick start our momentum and ultimately our season we need a clear win from a strong performance. Not a scrappy 2-1 or a 1-0 where we're hanging on by a thread for the last 15 mins.

I think the strong result comes tonight and we go from there.

Good analysis. I wonder though if Lyon might rest some players in the two matches against Sparta because they have Nice and then Rennes away immediately after. They may prioritise these clashes against teams close to them in the league with the belief that, should they drop points in Europe, they can always pick them back up in the last two games. Irrespective though, it's hard to imagine anything other than a win being enough for us tonight.

Mcgregor

Patterson
Goldson
Balogen
Bassey

Davis
Lundstram

Aribo
Hagi
Sakala

Roofe

I just think Alfie, Tav and Borna are more out of form than some others, so would go with people like Bassey and Patterson to add energy into the team.

2 nil Rangers.

Must win game if ever there was one. C'mon the famous, lets do this. #LetsGo

Keep the momentum from first half v hearts and start taking chances and cut out the stupid mistakes at the back please.

Need to win and Lyon as well please

Back