Match Thread Rangers v Braga - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

What a turnaround.

Braga played some utterly sublime football in the first hour.

For us to come from 2 down against them to win, never mind draw, was quite exceptional.

i was at the Marseille game and that was even more bonkers. Wonderful turnaround. Truly awful first half, but what a last twenty minutes.

think the subway loyal should be renamed the rsc loyal.
the number of buses on the move when we are walking back is unreal.

Well , I joined the Hyderabad subway loyal after the second goal ( fwiw I was the only one on it). I had been up for eighteen hours when the game started and dead on my feet. The game started at 1:30am here and after the second goal I gave in to jet lag.

I had been following the game on here and Sporting Life. Just woke up and the SL page was still at 0-2. Scared to refresh it to be honest but what a feeling when I did. Unbelievable Rangers. Now kick on from here.

Well , I joined the Hyderabad subway loyal after the second goal ( fwiw I was the only one on it). I had been up for eighteen hours when the game started and dead on my feet. The game started at 1:30am here and after the second goal I gave in to jet lag.

I had been following the game on here and Sporting Life. Just woke up and the SL page was still at 0-2. Scared to refresh it to be honest but what a feeling when I did. Unbelievable Rangers. Now kick on from here.
Hope you get to see that 2nd half somehow. It’s a classic. Proper gritty and fightey. Proud as fk.

Absolutely tremendous! What a victory! I'm sure i'm not the only one who thought we were dead and buried when the second Braga goal went in. If were honest they had completely outplayed us up until that point.However, the way we dug deep and fought back for the win was a great example of what Jock Wallace called 'character'. It's a quality Rangers have been known for over the years, and it was their in abundance during that 2nd half. Tonight shows what we are capable of when we just go at teams. I've complained were been over elaborate since the new year and too reliant on our tactical shape. Ive no idea what formation that was that ended the game and I don't care. I just know that's the way I want to see us play for the rest of the season. Braga look and excellent side and getting through this tie just might be a lot to ask. We started the game poorly again and several players looked way off form tonight. Yet that's for another day. For now I'll celebrate another great European night at Ibrox.

MOTM has to be Hagi. It was Aribo who changed the game for me, and his strike was the best on a night with some great goals. However, you can't ignore the importance of that first goal. (The second was a bit fortuitous, but fortune favours the brave.) The young man's skill is evident. That pass late in the game to put Kamberi through on goal was sublime. However, he backs it up with a bit of dig. He never hides either and even if things weren't working for him in the first half, he stuck at it and got his reward in the end. He must be glad he chose to come to Ibrox because he really seems to be enjoying his football going by his celebrations.

Out in Phuket on holiday and got up for call of nature at 4am local time 0-2 Rangers, aw fack!! Sat on crapper for next 40mins following come back on here, brilliant just brilliant, first home Europe League game I not been at, lets finish them now Rangers WATP!

Still can’t believe it. We were dead and buried. Hagi magic gave us a life-line. Aribo made us believe again and then Hagi completed a dream-like ending. This was Roy of thr Rovers stuff of legend. We must kick-on from here with new heart. Brilliant Rangers.

mBqB2Wj.png

@Nathan9719972
I ain’t no prophet, but fella, i just got highlight this...

:))

Watched the game amongst fellow bears in a bar over here in Dubai. Atmosphere was brilliant! We went through every emotion possible. Still buzzing WATP

Never post again. Tired of getting banned because your kind continually spout this pathetic and premature nonsense. Run along.
Sorry Mr Staunch, next time I’ve got an opinion I’ll be sure to ask for your approval. Odd you’ve trawled through 90 odd pages to respond to a comment made in the heat of the moment. Go enjoy the victory like I did myself instead of getting yer knickers in a twist.

“run along” charmer eh

Last edited:
One of the greatest comebacks in Rangers history, one of the best I can ever remember following this club. From 2-0 down looking like being on the end of a potential 4 or 5-0 beating, not being able to compete with anywhere near the pace of their players, to pull it back and score 3 is simply incredible. The noise was something else as were the full stadium bouncies! The players made the fans believe again and give us hope in the second leg. Hopefully the game that wakes the players up for the rest of the season!

Fell asleep just after their second went in. Was following the match on this thread. Just checked the score, wow. Just watched the highlights and all the goals were peaches (hagis second only because it put us in front :) )
Must be a few sore heads this morning.

Fell asleep just after their second went in. Was following the match on this thread. Just checked the score, wow. Just watched the highlights and all the goals were peaches (hagis second only because it put us in front :) )
Must be a few sore heads this morning.

To go from zeroes to heroes is what made this so magnificent! I don't know if anyone shares this but even at 2 down and admitting they were the best football side seen at Ibrox in ages I still had that supporters belief that a goal back could change everything- the 2 youngsters along from me who upped and left at their 2nd; I hope you learn your lesson- never lose hope. Now can we do 55 - unlikely but after last night if we show that same spirit in our remaining domestic games then we can be winners. Another thing it just shows what can happen when team and crowd come together as one!!!

Still can’t believe it. We were dead and buried. Hagi magic gave us a life-line. Aribo made us believe again and then Hagi completed a dream-like ending. This was Roy of thr Rovers stuff of legend. We must kick-on from here with new heart. Brilliant Rangers.
We simply have to turn them over in March to even get a smidge of hope it’ll make them drop points.

Only managed a couple of hours sleep. Work is going to be a slog but worth it as I'm still buzzing from last night.

It reminded me of the Marseille game in ’92. We came back from 0-2 down to the eventual CL winners to draw 2-2, and nearly had a winner at the end. This time we did it :)).

What a 2nd half and hopefully that installs the confidence in the players that has been missing in recent weeks. It's a long time since I have heard singing outside Ibrox after a match - the buzz was superb.

We go to Braga with an outside chance and that is a fantastic achievement.

However - it would also be remiss not to reference the 1st half and a tactically inept performance by Gerard. We played with no width in the team with both Hagi and Kent playing more central than wide.

Braga made the pitch big by exploiting the acres of empty space on our flanks - neither Kent or Hagi provided enough cover to our fullbacks.

It feels like Gerard has fallen out with every wide player on our books with the exception of Kent during the winter break (Ojo, Jones and Barker are clearly not in the picture) - and that reflected in our performances until the hour mark last night. Morelos was an isolated figure at times last night with a midfield who provided very little assistance.

I had 2 pints after the game, feels like I had 12! Absolutely fucking gubbed this morning. Worth every second!

Watched whole game again this morning - forgot how many good chances we (and them tbf) had - it could have been 5-5

For younger Bears who see Marseille 1992 mentioned, it was basically what happened tonight but with a bit more mud.
Yeah second half comeback in 92 v Marseille will always be up there as one of the great turnarounds but last night was just outstanding we were dead and buried and could actually see the difference once Hagi scored that last 30 minutes will last with me as long as I live. C’mon!! We are Rangers

Amazing come back, it's what our history is made if, No Surrender.

Such a pity that Buff didn't have his shooting boots on, but his performance went a long way to keep us in with a chance when it looked like a lost cause.

Mon the Gers, more of the same on Sunday and next Wednesday. Just do it.

What a night last night still buzzing, the atmosphere was fantastic , spent the last 15 minutes doing the bouncy and paying for it today............but it was worth it.

It's a funny old game eh. We were jekyll and hyde. Some of our play was awful and the unforced errors were gifts to Braga, who looked a very good outfit. After seeing them in the flesh I'm not surprised they have been beating Porto, Sporting and Benfica in recent weeks. They played some brilliant football and clearly have a few outstanding individuals.

To be fair we were creating chances and at 0-2 down kept going. A bit of magic from Hagi ignited the whole ground, after that we started showing we can play a bit ourselves. Aribo's goal was ridiculous and from there on in I felt we could sneak it as I felt the atmosphere rattled Braga. Sometimes you need a bit of luck and we got it with the Hagi free-kick. Place went bonkers. :p A night we will remember for a long time, they are hard to beat.

Back