Match Thread Rangers v Brighton & Hove Albion - Saturday 17:30 - RangersTV

Decent work out, but we are still very shy in front of goal.
We need to be more clinical even this early.
As it would breed confidence going into tough European games.

Morelos should be back.
If he misses the full pre season, it may take him weeks to catch up.
We can't wait ...weeks.

Best 4 full-backs in the League.

Excellent performances from youngsters Kelly, Bassey and Patterson.

Lundstram unlucky to hit the bar, nothing wrong with Hagi goal and, of course, Agent Duffy cleared one off the line.

To be fair, Brighton had a fairly weak team out second half and we totally dominated them.

A win would have been nice.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the whole first half but saw the full second half. Lundstram looks very assured on the ball, always looking to take the ball in and get it moving.

For me, he and Hagi looked very sharp. Even Kent looked sharp too considering his lack of gametime.

As with all pre-season friendlies, the score is irrelevant. Brighton barely had a sniff and we are definitely moving up the gears quite nicely ahead of the new season. There will always be concerns and doubters but it is just pre-season. We should bear that in mind, early competitive games will be a far better indicator of where we are at.

Looking forward to a different test tomorrow. I’m sure the intensity will keep increasing over the next few days and weeks.

Still sitting with a big cheeser, can’t believe I’ve just been back home. Got a wee bit emotional when 4LHAD started being belted out.
Kelly was brilliant
Decent run out for everyone

Duffy doing Duffy things

GERRARD STOPPED 10 in a row

I have no qualms about starting bassey next week if borna isn’t quite up to speed.kelly was my motm and Patterson was excellent in the first half.i thought Scott Wright was pretty decent as well picking up the ball in a more central position and carrying the ball into decent positions.

Good performance.

Shame Robertson decided to step in and change the result.

Bissouma was lucky to be on the pitch in a friendly. Dreadful challenge on Balogun, constantly kicking out/fouling and then a laughable dive that got Hagi's goal chalked off.

If there's a market for most red cards in the English Premier League next season, he's a cert for it..

A very decent work-out this evening.

The player who has caught my eye in these pre-season games has been young Stephen Kelly

What was the attendance tonight ?

Clearly the goal should have stood. What more do you need to know about Scots refs? Thankfully means nothing.

A better look about the team today than previous matches.

When is Alfie back? We miss him.

Ater the quality refereeing we saw at the Euros . . . Robertson is awful (or biased). Two big decisions in that game and he got both completely wrong. Red card and a goal. He's just 3 or 4 yards from the Balogan tackle - if he doesn't see that as a red there's little hope. The goal is a defender who loses the ball and just falls down. Nothing changes.

Really enjoyed watching that. Patterson was brilliant. The only player i thought had a bad game was jones. Thats not me picking on him i just think everyone else that played had good performances.
Jones isn't going to cut it at Rangers.
One thing I noticed is he has a tendency to lose his concentration.
Maybe the manager sees something in him, but I have a feeling his time is over at Ibrox.

Good work out with some very good performances.

Pity we didn’t score, but we did deserve to win this game.

Great to see even the backup for the starting eleven looks hungry and ready . Patterson could easily claim RB by this season

Jones isn't going to cut it at Rangers.
One thing I noticed is he has a tendency to lose his concentration.
Maybe the manager sees something in him, but I have a feeling his time is over at Ibrox.
He was fucking awful today no real surprises

Wasteful in possession
Lost the ball repeatedly
Took the wrong option time and time again
Barely took a man on
Doesn't possess any basic or creative skills

Needs punted asap he's atrocious.

The boy has got it.
He shines every time he is on the park.
All of his work is tidy and when he gets into the last third he always looks dangerous.
For his age he has incredible foresight and ability and will go places, of that there cant be any doubts.
without jumping the gun he looks an incredible talent for the teams future.

I think lundstram has a great range of passing and also has that bit of dig. I dont think Kelly will start against Livi but I think he will push his way into the first 11 by Jan if he isn't away in loan. Boy looks a real player.

He was fucking awful today no real surprises

Wasteful in possession
Lost the ball repeatedly
Took the wrong option time and time again
Barely took a man on
Doesn't possess any basic or creative skills

Needs punted asap he's atrocious.
Not a fan then?
:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Controlled both halves. Depth in the squad is impressive with Kelly and Lundstram coming in to the midfield and Salaka joining the attacking options.
Consider what we had today and we’ve still got Roofe, McGregor, Morelos, Helander and Aribo to add and we’re in a good place.
Looking forward to tomorrow now as we should see a stronger team starting.

Vital we hang on to Morelos and Roofe stays fit. We’ve been a bit shot and goal shy this pre-season. Itten (I think?) should have hit the net.

Kelly played well, again. Lundstram had a good half, covers some amount of ground and rarely wasted a pass, he’s also strong and won’t be knocked off the ball. Patterson just grows in confidence. Wright neat and tidy and great to see Katić return.

I’m not sure what we are doing with Jordan Jones but he’s absolutely rotten. Needs binned ASAP.

Comfortable run out today. Brighton were brutal 2nd half. Bissouma should have seen red, Balogun is lucky to avoid injury and Hagi’s goal should have stood.

Back