Match Thread ** Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday 11th - Sky Sports **

Out of all the times, I genuinely believed we had it today. When that first goal went in I thought that was it. Success, the 6 years of pain and suffering gone. But nope. Reality kicked right back in as we decayed throughout the game. Hey, at least I won't be sitting nerve wracking for a week before Hampden because I know what we're like now. Morelos' sitter (as per) is unforgivable.

Back to being the underdogs at Hampden let's see if Murty can fire them up this time, another defeat and I'm not sure he'll get the job. He's knows where it went wrong so we will see if can change anything, we need fight and determination for starters.

we are getting closer.

I will still know that tomorrow despite wanting to destroy something today.

game was lost in midfield. the inexperience there cost us.

they got really lucky with the second.

Murphy was underused today. all down right

I know we were unlucky with Bates going off & Martin already injured - but how long have we been saying we need central defenders worthy of the name ?
Alves may well look good in internationals with top quality defenders along side him - but he isn't up to this job !
How much longer is it going to take for us to effectively strengthen this area ? It was said all through MW 's time & we're still no further forward after CH left
Bates is great for a youngster - but to expect him to do what Alves can't with a career long experience at the top flight behind him is unrealistic
The centre backs form the basis of most teams - it seems to me successive managers want to ignore this position

Last edited:
Goss was poor. Windass a liability for 87 mins. Morelos should have at least 1 goal

Cardoso diabolical at 2nd and played man on at 3Rd.

3-2 down to 10 men and make 1 chamge. Miller for Windass must have been worth a punt.

Thought Murphy did OK. Docherty was OK. Candeias was fine.

How bad is Boyata?

No complaints with Collum. Should maybe have booked Ntcham earlier.
I've supported Murty since his appointment but he really has got to recognise when to change a game.It's becoming his achilles heel.30 mins left and they go down to 10 men.We should have freshened things up then and taken the game to them.

Lucky 19th Century Terrorist bastards! The tranny shaggers arse was twitching to %^*& and he had no clue what to do, their luck and our pish defending let the lady's front bottom off big time.

wrong. He did know what to do and he done it. Down to ten men. Changed it. Sub goes and scores the winner.

whilst Murty stood & scratched his arse with 2 potential match winners sat behind him.

Lucky 19th Century Terrorist bastards! The tranny shaggers arse was twitching to %^*& and he had no clue what to do, their luck and our pish defending let the lady's front bottom off big time.

His arse might have been twitching but he pegged the game back twice, made changes when they went down to 10 men and effectively nullified much of the threat from Rangers for much of the 2nd half.

Morelos might have helped him with some utterly woeful finishing, but Rodgers absolutely knew what to do.

I'm on the way back I'm gutted obviously. Too many froze today for me because the bheast mentally challenged cunts were for the taking.Not going to get into blaming people I don't want barred.I'll wait until I calm down.

Hear me out but I would stick with Murty... we never looked like controlling the game despite an early goal. If we could have freed up wages for cardosa or alves I like to think we would have gained a real cb that we need. I like the developing team I am seeing but we are constantly waiting for the wheels to come off and need some patience. We never bossed a game we should have and looked bereft of ideas for most of it. I know this doesn't scream confidence for murty just now but I see reasons to be optimistic in the future. Hope lego muncher drops the soap and boyata piles in

Same story as all season. We’ve been terrible when favourites and there’s expectation on us. That’s what happened with the sending off.

I missed the first half driving down the road but saw the second. Poor defending and poor finishing but the quality of balls into the box was disappointing as well.

His arse might have been twitching but he pegged the game back twice, made changes when they went down to 10 men and effectively nullified much of the threat from Rangers for much of the 2nd half.

Morelos might have helped him with some utterly woeful defending, but Rodgers absolutely knew what to do.
Unfortunately this is spot on.

Rodgers reacted to the man disadvantage and made the changes that turned the game when they looked up against it.

Murty was in the drivers seat yet with the man advantage yet was like a rabbit in headlights.

That’s why you pay big money for a manager.

I've supported Murty since his appointment but he really has got to recognise when to change a game.It's becoming his achilles heel.30 mins left and they go down to 10 men.We should have freshened things up then and taken the game to them.

This.

It's easy for them to react because they have no option. Why we didn't change shape to keep them hemmed in with a man less is farcical. Even more farcical is the individual defending on show today.

Murty said before the game that today would show us where we stood.
Showed me Murty was out thought tactically by Rogers after the sending off.
Showed me why Bates is preferred to Cardosa who was awful.
Showed me why Goss cannot get a game for a lower league English team. Fine against the Ayr and Hamiltons of this world but not good enugh on the big stage.
Showed me Morelos is not the goal scorer I thought he was. Decent player but misses too many crucial sitters.
Showed me Windass, for all his recent goals, is a luxury we cannot afford at present.
Gutted by our performance after we went 2 - 1 ahead.

Your acting like a child. Embarrassed for you
In what way is he acting like a child? This is the second game v them that Morelos has missed an absolute sitter, both times it's goals that would have given us a result. Add to that his earlier chance in the second half would have been put away by a more accomplished striker, sorry to say but he misses some amount of gilt edge chances, sitters if you like, imo. In my opinion Cummings is the better finisher and here's hoping he starts in the SC Semi-Final.

Good performances today from Docherty, Tavernier, John and Candeias.

Alves done ok.

Murphy was disappointing.
Windass didn't offer much apart from his goal.
Goss doesn't have it in him when a game turns into a battle.

Cardoso played his first game in about 3 months so not going to start blaming him.

Morelos had to score that. He's a striker, the rest of his preformance doesn't mean much when he misses a chance to equalise in the last minute from a yard out.

Defending starts before the back 4.
If you have 1 player closing down 3 yahoos at the back with no help from Windass or the other 2 midfielders what chance have you got? Their weakness is closing them in packs if you don't the result is what we seen for all 3 of their goals. It is the same mistakes time after time from the same players.

We should at least be discussing a 3-3 game with both teams showing defensive frailty. Morelos’ miss was massive. It’s completely ended the league season stone dead. Woeful attempt.

Because there didn't give a %^*&. It's hard to care when your playing against Shite.

I think they probably care about coming to Ibrox though.

Does this explain it for you.
So you're saying that they weren't bothered about maintaining their unbeaten record v Hearts,nonsense, the fact is Hearts never allowed them to settle in that game, got in their faces and showed them to be the average team that they are. We threw that game away today by giving them too much respect after the sending off instead of going for their throats.

wrong. He did know what to do and he done it. Down to ten men. Changed it. Sub goes and scores the winner.

whilst Murty stood & scratched his arse with 2 potential match winners sat behind him.
Spot on say what you wat about Brenda but he made changes that won them the match. We have the core of a decent side but Murty is not and will never be that man.

Let's face it we gave them half a seasons start.

Murty stepped up. He won both ties against McInness and for me, earned his chance (thank %^*& we never ended up with McInness). He had one January transfer window to pull us into shape. Yes, he should have gone for the jugular when they went down to ten, let's hope he "learns from it" before he "moves on". It's up to him now, he's got the gig 'till the end of the season and two games against them to show he's got what it takes. I hope he fucking proves all the doubters wrong. Murty has given us all hope in a season that was written off before Christmas. That's a big part of why so many are angry.

Easy to say in hindsight that Cummings should have started ahead of Morelos. I wasn't unhappy with the starting line up, in fact I was cheering that both John and Murphy were playing.

Docherty looked like a Hamilton player today. He'll come good.

I'm drunk, down, but taking solace from the fact that we are getting better and better.

The season's not over yet.

WATP

That was tough to take. From the high of the early goal, to the irritation of conceding two equalisers, to the promise felt when they went down to ten men, to the anger and frustration of conceding again and letting the game slip away.

What has cost us in the league this season however hasn’t really been the 8 points dropped against them. It’s been the 24 - 24! - dropped against other sides. Many of those have been dropped on Murty’s watch, and hence cannot be attributed to the ill-fated Pedro Caixinha ‘era’.

For me, it is now clear that whilst progress has been made, the squad needs more tinkering in the summer - and whoever leads us to #55, that man will not be Graeme Murty.

But remember, a few years ago we were in the fourth tier of Scottish football with the likes of Kevin Kyle and Ross Perry on our books. We’ve come a long way, and though today hurts, it doesn’t change the fact that as a club we are heading in the right direction.

Really? Changing it when down to 10 men to go for the win would say otherwise.

Now it's all began to settle down I think it's clear we are heading in the right direction. We put up a battle like no other today and although we bottled it towards the end, we know where to work on for next time. Thankfully, that next time is at a neutral venue- we all know our shite home record.

I'm disgusted by that performance today. Surrendered the midfield yet again and with an extra man, losing that game is unforgivable. Morelos can leave any time he likes.

Today was always going to be a good test of how far we've come since January and the reality is we've improved a bit but we are still someway off where we need to be.

As much as I'd have enjoyed getting one over them if we'd sneaked it with 10 men it would have papered over the cracks and possibly given us a false sense of what's required in the summer. We still struggle right down the spine of the team from the defenders ability to defend, to our lack of physicality in the middle of the park and our inability to finish up top.

We don't need 11 signings but we need proper investment in 3 or 4 good players through the spine of the team. The jury is also still well and truly out on the managerial position and I'd personally like to see someone more decisive who inspires a bit more grit and determination in the team.

Overall I'd suggest we don't throw the baby out with the bath water but we need a strong summer.

Murty should have started Cummings from the start or at least when they went down to 10 men should have put him on and went for the Jugular,what has the lad got to do to get a start score 10 goals and he might have a chance to Loyal to Windass for my liking even although he scored first did not do much after that.

The mentally challengeds, for the most part, dominated the middle of the park compared to us. Quite a few of our middle players were posted missing, particularly Windass and Goss. Candeias, for me, showed greatest control of the ball in the team. They had two quick break aways and scored, demonstrating our lack of shape at the back. We took our goals very well but were let down by Morelos on at least two outstanding occasions. Sadly, he missed. Nonetheless, there were positives that we are getting there. I'm not convinced that Murty is the magician we need but the starting line-up was at least positive. Our CB's exposed us and basically cost us the game. The one thing I take away from the game is that we no longer fear them.

People are making too big a deal about the 10 men to be honest.

I said when he got sent off it probably wouldn't have too much of a bearing. You see it all the time where teams go down to ten men, rearrange , make it hard for the other team to break them down then hit them on the break.

I'm more concerned about our defence and the fact our ten million pound striker continually misses ridiculous sitters.

Yeah, we know... so you’d rip it all up and start again aye?

If that's me you're referring to, what I said was our crossing and final ball was back to square one, which it was.
Overhit or falling short and behind our forwards all the time. I remember one decent ball fizzing accross the six yard box and nobody got on the end of it.

Nor did I say rip it up and start again. I think we have improved beyond recognition.

People are making too big a deal about the 10 men to be honest.

I said when he got sent off it probably wouldn't have too much of a bearing. You see it all the time where teams go down to ten men, rearrange , make it hard for the other team to break them down then hit them on the break.

I'm more concerned about our defence and the fact our ten million pound striker continually misses ridiculous sitters.

Which is probably enough to put this £10million nonsense to bed.

Back