MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just glad to get a win today but still a lot of improvement required to get back up to the standards of last season.

They will no doubt beat the rest of the dross in the spl but like ourselves will probably drop stupid points away from home.

The only team that can stop us from winning the league is us as they just dont have the strength in depth to cope with what we have had to endure this week.

Excellent win today.
two things gave me a smile,
during the bouncy, a guy in the front of the directors box was jumping up and down waving his arms. The steward at the top of the stairs went down and asked him to sit down. Maybe his last venture there.
It looked all game that borna was struggling in his running.
first half, he came over to the right to take a corner, they broke up the park with borna trying to get back. Then the goal, borna took the corner, filip scores and borna runs as fast as ever to join the team at the other side. :))

They all left everything on the pitch today deserve time off to recover and all come back stronger and together to defend this title. Well done all.

Fantastic result today - a massive win for a number of reasons.

Atmosphere absolutely superb - ending a bit emotional.

Special mentions today for MOTM Balogun, a very close 2nd Helander who was superb, McCrorie who I reckon could be our number 1 for years to come, Steven Davis for another age defying performance and Borna for being Borna.

Was also thinking that I could only ID 4 of their players, Hart, McGregor, Eduard and fukisuihjima or whatever his name is.

My two bobs worth.

I thought they came out slugging 1st half.

We soaked it up and started bright 2nd half.

Kyogo is wasted on the wing and Balagon made him look mediocre. Real strange decision but he's squeezing french eddie in the team. Ange ball my fuckin arse

We're at 60 to 65% today and still WON.

We'll click and scud them this year IMO.

Also, great atmosphere today. We don't need the tims in. Sell the corner as season books and let those can't do the same at parkhead.

A direct transcript of Sky Sports opening minute today.

“Well the power can change very quickly in this city. And from the depths of despair Ange Postecoglus side come here riding the crest of a wave”

Who wrote that for you Eilidh Barbour ?

Where the hell did they find that centre half Arsefelt? He looks absolutely murder. His timing of his jump for the goal was comical.

It wasn't the completely dominant display we would have hoped for. But in saying that we had a depleted side and everybody knows our form still hasn't reached anything like the heights of last season. I fully expect that form to resurface.

And at the end of the day we still won extending our run of victories against them and our run of home league wins to 21 straight.

This season might come down to away form. Anyone noticed that to my knowledge they haven't win an away game in any competition since mid February?

Can't say I particularly enjoyed the performance yesterday if I'm honest but the result was exceptional especially with all the uncertainty & the travel from the game on Thursday.

Balogun was immense, completely made me eat my words as I was worried he'd get overrun on that side by the Japanese lad.

On the subject of him thank God he didn't play through the middle the whole game cos when he did he looked dangerous & probably should've scored.

Either way to win the 1st OF game sets a marker for the rest of the season & puts us in a good position.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed the performance yesterday if I'm honest but the result was exceptional especially with all the uncertainty & the travel from the game on Thursday.

Balogun was immense, completely made me eat my words as I was worried he'd get overrun on that side by the Japanese lad.

On the subject of him thank God he didn't play through the middle the whole game cos when he did he looked dangerous & probably should've scored.

Either way to win the 1st OF game sets a marker for the rest of the season & puts us in a good position.
If he'd played through the middle we would have pressed them more because they would have had no out ball, happened last Thursday when AZ pressed them. They brought on the big French dumpling to hold it up and give them someone to aim for basically which they didn't have with Kyogo through the middle.

If he'd played through the middle we would have pressed them more because they would have had no out ball, happened last Thursday when AZ pressed them. They brought on the big French dumpling to hold it up and give them someone to aim for basically which they didn't have with Kyogo through the middle.

True.

Even Kylie said after the game he should've played Kyogo through the middle from the off. I'm surprised he didn't make the switch sooner TBH cos he wasn't getting any change out of Balogun.

The "big French dumpling" has been sh*te for months. It just goes to show how poor they are that they have to keep playing him.

This pic just sums up yesterday....................

RnlIMd3.jpg

who scored the goal yesterday? because i'm watching the highlights and from a certain angle it looks like it took a dunt off alfredos chest before redirecting past hart.

lol and from that angle that was posted above tells me, alfie was no where near it hahaha:eek:

also james "i'm not sure thats a foul" mcfadden is a lady's front bottom

Last edited:
Thought Nathan was injured yesterday,
Sfa announced that he is following government rules and will miss the game against Denmark.

True.

Even Kylie said after the game he should've played Kyogo through the middle from the off. I'm surprised he didn't make the switch sooner TBH cos he wasn't getting any change out of Balogun.

The "big French dumpling" has been sh*te for months. It just goes to show how poor they are that they have to keep playing him.

Yeah - for someone who claims to favour all out attacking football - he doesn't seem to have a grasp of these tactics
& of course he doesn't have the personnel to pull that off against decent teams either

Would our 1st choice RB have made Kyogo look as pish as Balogun did today? His physical abilities really got to him I feel, swashbuckling Tav would have had a harder time, a forced change that seemed to work in our benefit for me.

great point ......... if theres one thing to be said about Tav is that he's not what i'd class as a great tackler maybe putting a proper defender on Kyogo is the way to go but Kyogo does take up good attacking positions

great point ......... if theres one thing to be said about Tav is that he's not what i'd class as a great tackler maybe putting a proper defender on Kyogo is the way to go but Kyogo does take up good attacking positions
Not too sure it'll matter in the long term. They'll play Furohashi through the middle from now on. Big Fil will give him a seeing too.

Well done Rangers
Pass marks for all players IMO
But big Leo thoroughly deserved MOTM

But I also think young Robbie McCrorie deserves a special mention as well
He was completely un-phased by an occassion that has given seasoned, established & much older professional players trouble before now
Hopefully that now sets him up for a big future with us

Davis was at his dependable best as ever
Aribo never stopped working & contributed for all 94 minutes - even if he didn't show too many of his flashes of brilliance

As for Kamara ? Quite frankly this guy is a star

Big Fil timed that run to perfection & his header was tremendous

Borna was great & we know he can be better

Maybe our front line didn't quite have their best day - but they threatened from first to last whistle & kept ceptic busy most of the time they got on the ball

But best of all for me - is that we all know we're better than we were today
We've got several more gears to rev up to & have players to return & fight for places

As you can tell - I'm ecstatic with this result & hope it's a performance that'll be repeated & bettered for the remainder of the season
Brilliant post.

Always enjoy clicking on the number of votes in these (open) MOTM polls to see who made the most bizarre vote. Step up @TheGerz89 who deemed wee Fashion Jnr his MOTM. Must have been some night in the pub.:)

Would our 1st choice RB have made Kyogo look as pish as Balogun did today? His physical abilities really got to him I feel, swashbuckling Tav would have had a harder time, a forced change that seemed to work in our benefit for me.
Hard to say but Balogun made more slide-tackles yesterday in one match than Tav has in a full season. I can't recall seeing anyone make that many "well timed" slide-tackles.

My old man used to wallop me about the ears if I made one slide tackle, hope Leon will be okay.

Back