MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of them don't seem to understand that the game panned out pretty much as planned by our Management Team. 1st half was about keeping it tight and keeping them at arms length, second half was about applying pressure. This is how it was except for maybe between 75th and 85th min. It was a controlled performance by an experienced team.

Every player a threat but they were bricking it from him big time!
He's easily their best forward player. I haven't really been on here much recently so can't say if people have been hysterical over him. I was nervous every time he got on the ball though.

Just back home from the game. Thought we thoroughly deserved to win. Some big boy performances from McCrorie, the back 4, Kamara and a couple of others. Listening to the radio on the way back they were insistent that Celtic were the better team in the first half. Not in the game I watched. Sure they had plenty of possession at around the half way line but we always looked the more likely team. Then were comfortably the better team in the second half, got our goal and defended stoically.

We clearly had a few out there at the end who were absolutely knackered. Hats off to them all for gutting it out after a tough midweek. Real character shown.

That should settle down any negative chatter for a while.

A big, big win for Rangers.

Out of form going into this match, with Celtic improving. Ravaged by COVID. Missing the manager and the captain (as well as long term injury Jack). Forced to play third choice keeper, and missing the deputy for the captain at right back. Two or three players well below the standards they set last season, for whatever reason. Written off by many in the media, and even some Rangers fans.

Still won, and kept a clean sheet. Three points, and a marker for the title race. Celtic’s league record is now played 4, won 2, lost 2, including losing both their away games so far. A long way to go in the league, but advantage Rangers.
Not sure you’d see a more positive post from a Rangers fan if you waited all week.

Last edited:
I thought we were well off the pace in the first half. The passing still lazy at times.

Whether they got an earful at H/T, who knows. But if they did it worked a treat. I don't think one goal was a true reflection but our defence needs to be vigilant at all times. From being a hero, Helander could have went to a zero in a minute odd.

For me, there are still too many potential howlers in this defence but that is for another day.

Once again the runt in the middle, Clancy was his usual self. He must have seen the two off the ball barges by McGregor? on Morelos and then Welsh.

Balogan was our best performer by a country mile, but that could be down to us being told by the press that wee yoko is a Messi/jinky hybrid.

The others get pass marks for upping their games in the second half. But a wee extra special mention for young McCrorie. Two big games he's had to step into and two clean sheets. That's the way to do it.

Today is the way to end a topsy turvy month on a high.

Absolutely delighted with that win today with key players out and others playing with injuries. A fantastic team effort all round. We are improving with every game and starting to resemble the team we were last year. This win will give the team a real boost and restore their belief. The international break should see us back to full strength.

Helander's 66th-minute goal proved the difference between the two rivals in what was a tight and cagey contest in the east end of Glasgow.

Dear me, Sky sports getting as bad as the Scottish Media. :oops:

eyJpdSI6IjA0MGRiODk2NDgyMWRlNzgxODZiZTRkNzZjMGFiNzA2MGM5YTNlMzZjOTY4YmRlZTUxMjVhZjEwMWU1YzNjY2YiLCJ3Ijo5MCwiaCI6MjAsImQiOjIuMCwiY3MiOjAsImYiOjJ9.png

A lot of them don't seem to understand that the game panned out pretty much as planned by our Management Team. 1st half was about keeping it tight and keeping them at arms length, second half was about applying pressure. This is how it was except for maybe between 75th and 85th min. It was a controlled performance by an experienced team.
Agree 100% with this. If they could have scored against our 3rd choices GK (no laughing at the back) we could have moved up a gear or 2 imo. We allow them to have the ball in areas the couldn’t hurt us. The got in behind a couple of times but overall I was confident we had them where we wanted them.

Folk earlier this week saying we‘d step up under adversity were 100% correct.

Great game, cracking goal, and a MOTM performance from Balogun that I just didn’t see coming.

Confession time here boys, I missed the game, I had a golf game I couldn't get out of, the front nine I was a bag of nerves and couldn't concentrate Got the result on the 8th and birdied the 9th. Happy days

Rangers played in a calm, controlled manner. They had the best chances and were never really under the cosh even when giving up big possession.

A stroll really and we will get sharper in the final 3rd.

Big Ange had no answers to the Big Questions.

SUCH a PROTESTANT victory.

Glasgow is Red, White and Blue! Spin on that Ange! :))

Need to hope that kick starts our season and Celtic have a complete breakdown from now until the end of the season including them collapsing in every one of the remaining Old Firm games would be just great thanks.

I had to go to work after the game, which is normally not great but watching us win today is making this an easy shift. The players were brilliant in the second half and we thoroughly deserved the win.

Enjoyed being at the match today. It was a tight game and we edged it. That is the loudest roar I've ever heard for a goal at Ibrox. Great to get a win before the international break.

Over the moon with that result, and most of the play.
Some slack passing at times, and big Fil could have been hero to zero in record time, but it all ends well for the Queen's 11
A tough couple of weeks for Rangers, but we can go into the international break to regroup and get everyone back in contention again.
Away for a few beers to celebrate.

Well done Rangers
Pass marks for all players IMO
But big Leo thoroughly deserved MOTM

But I also think young Robbie McCrorie deserves a special mention as well
He was completely un-phased by an occassion that has given seasoned, established & much older professional players trouble before now
Hopefully that now sets him up for a big future with us

Davis was at his dependable best as ever
Aribo never stopped working & contributed for all 94 minutes - even if he didn't show too many of his flashes of brilliance

As for Kamara ? Quite frankly this guy is a star

Big Fil timed that run to perfection & his header was tremendous

Borna was great & we know he can be better

Maybe our front line didn't quite have their best day - but they threatened from first to last whistle & kept ceptic busy most of the time they got on the ball

But best of all for me - is that we all know we're better than we were today
We've got several more gears to rev up to & have players to return & fight for places

As you can tell - I'm ecstatic with this result & hope it's a performance that'll be repeated & bettered for the remainder of the season

That was a great win for us today after what was a fairly traumatic week for the club. Celtic would really have fancied their chances today, but once again we’ve sent them back across the city with a bloody nose. We weren’t at our beat but we were better than them. I’m delighted !!

It was nice to sample Ange Post=pooFootball today and we did so in 2nd gear!

Either Kyogo Fookanoshow didn't play today or he was in Balogun's pocket?

Rangers should have had a penalty when Arsefelt who must have thought Goldson was the height of a giraffe tried to stretch the neckline of his shirt during a corner?

Sellicks alleged freemason OddSon Edward cleared a path for a quicker exit from the Sharkhead club when making a fantastic clearance from an offside position inside the Rangers area (Good man)! ;)

By the time Celtic replaced OddSon Edward and two other players with Clancy and two guys with flags the game was over thanks to a brilliant goal from Filip Helander!

Balogun motm!

I would like to point out no individual mentioned suffered hurty feelings during this match report and some are fictional characters, any resemblance to real persons is unintentional! :shh:B-D

Last edited:
Not sure you’d see a more positive post from a Rangers fan if you waited all week.
I know better than to try to call an Old Firm in advance, but I must admit I feared for you before this game. Not because I thought Celtic were that good, but because Rangers haven’t exactly been firing on all cylinders.

I suspect most neutrals felt Celtic had a better chance than they’ve had in an Old Firm for a while. So for Rangers to win this one is big. No question.

Back