MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
And why not? Barring a Laurel and Hardy 'catsafterme', it's done (all bar the shouting at least).

I don't excpect the management and players to be on board with that (quite rightly), but it is done.
The last two seasons and the post Christmas breakdowns have been a lesson for us all. It's been sore.

It does feel different this year, but to quote young Mr Turner, ex of Sheffield.

''If that watch don't continue to swing or the fat lady fancies having a sing

I'll be here waiting ever so patiently for you to

Snap out of it.''

It's not finished today, but what a wonderful start to the New Year and the memories of those above.

Even Andy Walker said its a red. If youre disagreeing with Walker on a decision that went against Celtc/for Rangers then you lose all credibility.
No I'm not disagreeing with Walker I'm only highlighting the difference between Petrov and Hartson's on reporting on a game.

I'm genuinely as happy as can be with the way today went which probably sounds strange. Last years LCF really got to me. Today felt like revenge for that final and revenge is sweet, it really is.

Been looking at a scum forum, just to laugh whilst I enjoy my dram. What amazes me is that they constantly say shampoo, yet it's abundantly clear that none of the c@#$s ever use it - weird, very, very weird...

The longer that I reflect on this afternoon's game, the less I am prepared to accept that we were lucky. Apart from one world-class save, which after all is the Keepers job, plus 1 fairly routine save, they didn't create too many other chances. The sending off was entirely their own fault, clumsy defending from Biton with Ayer way out of position in no man's land and the goal was down to piss poor defending of a set piece. So yes we were poor but they just weren't good enough to take advantage.

Watching back on Sky
Walker:

Rogic always does something in Of games
Elyanoussi too

Rogic hasnt done anytjing against us for about 3 years
Elyanoussi's contribution has been missing the best chance in 5 years

Crocker
Against the run of play
For the goal

1) we were in the ascendancy
2) ally - comes off Mcgregors head, no it was his arm and no goal it should be a penalty

Just waiting on the mentally challengeds to lodge an appeal citing the refs Jersey said 2020 not 2021 so the match needs replayed.

Always cheated

Watching back on Sky
Walker:

Elyanoussi too

Walker was desperately trying to tempt fate last ten minutes, saying they had already lost the game leagues gone blah blah, laughable

The morning after the night before watching the game down in Oz. Smug and walking with a swagger. Awful performance but the sweetest of victories. We are the people

Watching back on Sky
Walker:

Elyanoussi too

Agreed re Rogic. They are still stuck in 2017 bringing him on hoping for something. The diddy could only do it against Kiernan, Hodson and Holt.

F**k me, I drank a lot yesterday after the game. I think I've cleared the house of alcohol :D

Woke up this morning still buzzing from that result.

It must be soul destroying for them that they played well and lost.
Their season is done.

Tbf to celtic they were really really brave and gave it their best go. I'd say they were nearly as good as Hibs last week, they should probably have enough to clinch 2nd but Aberdeen are ready to pounce. Would imagine they'll be routing for us next week to take 3 points from Aberdeen, with 2nd getting a CL spot.

How Celtic never won that game I will never know, a complete copy of the League Cup Final last season with Rangers dominating the full game and that time it just so happened to be their goalkeeper that kept them in that one, this time it was McGregor who kept us in this one. And a Celtic player also sent off in both games.

But it's one of those ones that although it might not make up for losing the League Cup Final because we were only 30 minutes away from potentially going on to win the game and we get our first major trophy in 8 years, it just wasn't to be thanks to an offside winner... But its the here and now and you have to think about it like an accumulator, you might not have anything to win at full time, but the biggest prize of all could finally come after we've played all our games.

It just makes yesterday even sweeter knowing they dominated the game from start to finish and our goal came from a dodgy rebound off Callum McGregor's shoulder and into the bottom corner of the goal :))

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

How Celtic never won that game I will never know, a complete copy of the League Cup Final last season with Rangers dominating the full game and that time it just so happened to be their goalkeeper that kept them in that one, this time it was McGregor who kept us in this one. And a Celtic player also sent off in both games.

But it's one of those ones that although it might not make up for losing the League Cup Final because we were only 30 minutes away from potentially going on to win the game and we get our first major trophy in 8 years, it just wasn't to be thanks to an offside winner... But its the here and now and you have to think about it like an accumulator, you might not have anything to win at full time, but the biggest prize of all could finally come after we've played all our games.

It just makes yesterday even sweeter knowing they dominated the game from start to finish and our goal came from a dodgy rebound off Callum McGregor's shoulder and into the bottom corner of the goal :))

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED
Bollocks mate. Sorry. Nothing like the LC Final. We dominated at Hampden for the entire 90 minutes. Yesterday they had us hemmed in for, arguably, the opening 30 minutes. Certainly after half-time the game had evened out.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely as happy as can be with the way today went which probably sounds strange. Last years LCF really got to me. Today felt like revenge for that final and revenge is sweet, it really is.
I’m as happy as a sand boy who has been transported to the Sahara with the ivy benson show band.

The longer that I reflect on this afternoon's game, the less I am prepared to accept that we were lucky. Apart from one world-class save, which after all is the Keepers job, plus 1 fairly routine save, they didn't create too many other chances. The sending off was entirely their own fault, clumsy defending from Biton with Ayer way out of position in no man's land and the goal was down to piss poor defending of a set piece. So yes we were poor but they just weren't good enough to take advantage.
I was the same after rewatching it.

This result puts the rhotten mhob in a real quandary.

They claim the last one was lost without a Celt*c shot on target because of a Covid weakened side.

They've lost again at Ibrox with their strongest possible side against a Rangers team with a few prominent injuries.

Those outcomes have the capacity to physically and mentally break the mentally challengeds. The despair of their supporters is tangible, long may it continue.

Crocker
Against the run of play
For the goal

1) we were in the ascendancy
2) ally - comes off Mcgregors head, no it was his arm and no goal it should be a penalty

We could also have had a pen for Duffy nearly ripping Goldsons shirt off at same corner...double whammy Ally that would have been a booking for duffy as well

Back