MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Fantastic result and all that mattered was getting the 3 points.
Voted McGregor as my motm, thought Davis played well 2nd half and Hagi coming on at half time made a massive difference.
Lennon having a melt down blaming the ref topped of a fantastic afternoon.

Help please
tim player commits foul with late tackle.
co comms say it was a yellow but ball goes out and tims make double sub.
no return to it , no discussion but go back to Alfie’s yellow.
was it a yellow? Anyone see it?
Was laxalt and was walker who said yellow so it must have been, but yeah, they never went back to it despite going on about Alfie for 10 minutes

Let's face it - we weren't in that game 1st half - They were by far the better team
If not for Shagger we'd have conceded 2 but they were playing without us being in the contest

Close as they came though - they still weren't all that wonderful & I firmly believe we're more than capable of withstanding that level of opposition & a lot more besides - when we're on our game

If the truth be told - I'm not convinced we have been on our game since before St.Boo took us out the cup - so it's all the more pleasing to have taken all points on offer

As posted many times above - obviously a team winning - when they're either off-form - or when they might not fully deserve it - is exactly what a title winning team does

I really want us to return to the all-singing, all dancing, ringing bells & whistles, all out attacking team we all know we're capable of - as soon as possible -

But I'll still take the narrowest of wins in the ugliest of manners- if it gets us over the line to bring home 55
(Although not sure if my nerves will last the duration )

Oh yeah - & all that said -
Suffer Timmy - Suffer

A lot being made of them dominating with a narrow midfield but ultimately it cost them a player

that ball over the top to Alfie drawing a centre back out and isolating him

eventually tacticaly it cost them eventually

McGregor a clear MOTM but I thought Hagi came on and changed the attitude and approach of Rangers.

He gets in where the boots are flying to win the ball and play it on - superb wee player.

Very pleased with the win.At halftime I had said to pal who was nervous about how we were playing we would improve and we would not get closed down and pressed all game.The positive was for all the play Celtic had they had no reward for it.McGregor(shagger) deserved motm without him I do not see us getting 3 points he gave us the platform to make them pay for not being able to score.

I note Celtic.net are giving the goal to Aribo, but I don't care who puts the ball in the beggar's net. Happy days already. Long may 2021 continue like this.

Not the easiest performance to watch, but I’m convinced we played to the game plan SG set up.

I was hardly aware Christie was still on the pitch, and Griffiths was run out after 35 minutes.

An ugly win against that lot is always more than acceptable.

Last edited:
We haven’t played well for weeks now but still winning, league is far from over, but we’re on our way. No shots on target, still won, it’s a beautiful day

Great result but that performance was absolutely shocking both halves .

Passing was terrible allowing an easy counter attack time after time .

The service to Alfredo was shocking even getting the ball beyond the halfway line was a chore, far too many off the boil today despite the result .

Aribo ,Kent & Kamara were piss poor in regards to distribution of the ball, more so in retention constantly losing possession as well as unable to control first time passes or play the correct ball to initiate play moving forward that inevitably led to easy counter attacks from the opposition finding the route to goal far too easily.

Happy but we barely posed any questions of them today .

Great result but that performance was absolutely shocking both halves .

Passing was terrible allowing an easy counter attack time after time .

The service to Alfredo was shocking even getting the ball beyond the halfway line was a chore, far too many off the boil today despite the result .

Aribo ,Kent & Kamara were piss poor in regards to distribution of the ball, more so in retention constantly losing possession as well as unable to control first time passes or play the correct ball to initiate play moving forward that inevitably led to easy counter attacks from the opposition finding the route to goal far too easily.

Happy but we barely posed any questions of them today .
Not a great watch, but same again will do. Nothing like playing poorly and winning!

Not a great watch, but same again will do. Nothing like playing poorly and winning!
We've had a lot of that lately though sooner or later it comes back to haunt you today is probably the worst I've saw us this season.

They key area needing addressed in my book is Midfield not enough productivity with the ball especially getting it forward consistently to be getting back to the effective unit we have shown .

A lot of that I'd put down to Jack & Arfields absence & the manager not asking more of Aribo,Kent & Kamara who are effectively our Central Midfield alongside Hagi & Davis who for me are more effective in decision making with the ball coming to them or at their feet.

Sod today. I'll be celebrating it for the next few days into the bargain.

And why not? Barring a Laurel and Hardy 'catsafterme', it's done (all bar the shouting at least).

I don't expect the management and players to be on board with that (quite rightly), but it is done.

Last edited:
Back