Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
95my0n0.png

Nervous now.

Just want us to stand up and take it to them. No sitting back.

Hoping the rumours of Kent and Arfield playing are true, Goldson too.

Nervous now.

Just want us to stand up and take it to them. No sitting back.

Hoping the rumours of Kent and Arfield playing are true, Goldson too.

Where's these rumours?! Don't play with my heart like this! :D

Into them from kickoff and we have a chance, stand off them and we're fuked!

Where's these rumours?! Don't play with my heart like this! :D

Into them from kickoff and we have a chance, stand off them and we're fuked!

I know! Seen it mentioned in another thread on here that they are ok to play. I'm not taking anything for granted until tomorrow at 11.30 when the team is announced!

Would love to see Kent back, and making an impact.

Boy on twitter who doesn’t post any nonsense has just said he’s seen Jack and Goldson out at a restaurant in town.

Hope to Christ that’s not true as I don’t imagine that’s a pre-match routine for anyone who is playing.

Boy on twitter who doesn’t post any nonsense has just said he’s seen Jack and Goldson out at a restaurant in town.

Hope to Christ that’s not true as I don’t imagine that’s a pre-match routine for anyone who is playing.

He just posted nonsense

I have just crossed that point from being nervous to the get ripped right into them stage. Tomorrow will be .....4-0 sounds good - stick £20 on it .

I'll take a win any score any scorer or scorers any kind of performance great,mediocre or absolute gash as long as it's a win.

%^*& BRENDA! Win tomorrow, we are right back in this. Lose or draw, the league is over with a 9 point gap potentially if they win their game in hand as well.

Different for players perhaps but Gerrard and McAllister we’re out for a meal in west end tonight.

only mugs predict the result in these games so I'm going 2-1 to the good men and Ryan Jack being an unlikely scorer

We need to be up for it straight from kick off. If we look up for it in the first 10-15 mins we have a chance. I've always fancied us when we get in about them early. My fear is that we have too many unable to stand up and be counted. Win this and we have them bricking it for this league.

The first goal is everything tomorrow.

We score first the place is bouncing and we have something to build on.

They score first it will be flat, the players will be nervy and they'll pick us off for fun.

Come on Rangers, we're due something to cheer.

Twitter and nonsense go hand in hand.

I dont think my heart will take another mentally challenged win us bears need a win the team need a win so come on to feck rangers get right into those smelly mhanky tramps this is our time to put out a statement of intent and show those kunts who the true champions are WATP come on the gers

I have no idea what the team for tomorrow is. But whoever is wearing the shirt,has to give it all.
I have a feeling we're going to win.

Was never confident due to our recent form but the closer it’s getting the closer I’m back to my normal self on how we’re going to skelp these mentally challenged bastards!

Come on The Rangers!

Bit of positivity and battle fever from the crowd hopefully will resonate to the men chosen on the pitch. Can’t afford to lose this one.

The first goal is everything tomorrow.

We score first the place is bouncing and we have something to build on.

They score first it will be flat, the players will be nervy and they'll pick us off for fun.

Come on Rangers, we're due something to cheer.
Tend to agree mate.We need to score first tomorrow and I think we will.
3-2 Gers with Alfie netting twice and Lafferty with the third.WATP.

Hoping for.....

McGregor
Worral Goldson McAuley
Tav Jack Arfield Haliday
Candeias Kent
Morelos
Would settle for.....

McGregor
Tav Worral Katic Haliday
McCrorie
Coulibaly Jack
Arfield
Lafferty Morelos
Would take any kind of a win but ideally a 94th minute, offside Morelos/Lafferty/Haliday goal to make it 1-0.

giphy.gif

Gerrard can reignite our season tomorrow lunchtime and also get one over on his former manager who ended Steven's career at Liverpool. Two birds with one stone and I have a funny feeling that this will be the game that will change both teams fortunes. With any luck it will be the first nail in Celtic's coffin and will be the start of the push towards 55.

I am sure we can do this with Gerrard's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation, but I would feel more secure reverting to a more old fashioned 4-4-2 formation.

GK - McGregor
Simply flawless this year and possibly our best player.

RB - Tavernier
I am firmly in the Tav camp and think we would be a worse team without him.

CD - Goldson
Goldson is a doubt due to injury, but I think if he is fit he has to play

CD - Worrall
Worrall has shown that he can be clumsy and can make mistakes - but the extra pace he possesses is invaluable in a game like this and so McAuley would be a risk, and we cannot expect Katic to come in to such a big game after a long lay off.

LB - Flanagan
Halliday has done well when he has come in, but he has made a lot of mistakes and his positioning is terrible when playing in defence. I would rather have Flanagan playing who has more bite.

RM - Candeias
Hard worker and consistent performer. Links up well with Tav and also understands what is expected of him.

CM - Jack
Could marshal our midfield and spread passes around to start attacks. This game will be won in midfield and Ryan knows what it means to play for Rangers and win these matches

CM - Coulibaly
Has been shaky since his personal problems earlier in the season, but I think he offers more than Halliday in the middle. Rossiter has not had enough game time and I am not sure if McCrorie is good enough in this position yet to provide the 'dig' required.

LM - Halliday
I have no confidence in Grezda yet and it was a close call between Middleton and Andy - but I feel that he can be a more rounded player in this role and can provide good quality to the strikers.

ST - Morelos
Along side McGregor he has been invaluable and is our best goal threat.

ST - Lafferty
I have a soft spot for the McCoist/Hately type forward line and although big Laff is not as accomplished with his head, I think this pairing could pay dividends.

Injuries have weakened us and Arfield and Kent - not to mentions Dorrans, Barasic and Murphy would have been useful additions, but I like the look of the above line up.

Anyway - One way or other I feel very positive about tomorrow and hope the whole team gets stuck in...

FantasticGlamorousIcterinewarbler-small.gif

Last edited:
Could be a long night/morning. Thank Christ for my annual delivery of Martell from Santa. Always settles the nerves. 2-1 scrappy win and yes I've started the bottle already :p

Let's put it this way, would the mentally challenged team we're up against tomorrow be comfortable playing against the likes of Maribor or Villareal? No, and we'd be perfectly happy going into a home game against either of them, so it should be no different v. the scum. It's all in the head.

All I want to see tomorrow is for us to be in there face's, close them down for the full ninety minutes, not to sit back and let them pass the ball and make them look like world beaters. Don't let them settle and don't let them play there game, play our game and we will get the right result. Come on Rangers, please, just please let us go into 2019 dreaming that this will be 55' coming home!

giphy.gif

Gerrard can reignite our season tomorrow lunchtime and also get one over on his former manager who ended Steven's career at Liverpool. Two birds with one stone and I have a funny feeling that this will be the game that will change both teams fortunes. With any luck it will be the first nail in Celtic's coffin and will be the start of the push towards 55.

I am sure we can do this with Gerrard's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation, but I would feel more secure reverting to a more old fashioned 4-4-2 formation.

GK - McGregor
Simply flawless this year and possibly our best player.

RB - Tavernier
I am firmly in the Tav camp and think we would be a worse team without him.

CD - Goldson
Goldson is a doubt due to injury, but I think if he is fit he has to play

CD - Worrall
Worrall has shown that he can be clumsy and can make mistakes - but the extra pace he possesses is invaluable in a game like this and so McAuley would be a risk, and we cannot expect Katic to come in to such a big game after a long lay off.

LB - Flanagan
Halliday has done well when he has come in, but he has made a lot of mistakes and his positioning is terrible when playing in defence. I would rather have Flanagan playing who has more bite.

RM - Candeias
Hard worker and consistent performer. Links up well with Tav and also understands what is expected of him.

CM - Jack
Could marshal our midfield and spread passes around to start attacks. This game will be won in midfield and Ryan knows what it means to play for Rangers and win these matches

CM - Coulibaly
Has been shaky since his personal problems earlier in the season, but I think he offers more than Halliday in the middle. Rossiter has not had enough game time and I am not sure if McCrorie is good enough in this position yet to provide the 'dig' required.

LM - Halliday
I have no confidence in Grezda yet and it was a close call between Middleton and Andy - but I feel that he can be a more rounded player in this role and can provide good quality to the strikers.

ST - Morelos
Along side McGregor he has been invaluable and is our best goal threat.

ST - Lafferty
I have a soft spot for the McCoist/Hately type forward line and although big Laff is not as accomplished with his head, I think this pairing could pay dividends.

Injuries have weakened us and Arfield and Kent - not to mentions Dorrans, Barasic and Murphy would have been useful additions, but I like the look of the above line up.

Anyway - One way or other I feel very positive about tomorrow and hope the whole team gets stuck in...

FantasticGlamorousIcterinewarbler-small.gif

Love the souness clip

Don’t think shagger has been flawless, step up from wes but not flawless.

last time I missed seeing an OF game I was traveling to Spain and we put them out in cup semi . I’m traveling tomorrow and won’t see it , we will win as I’m an unlucky c*** .

Back