Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Sickening sickening sickening. Right down to the offside goal. But you cannot miss penalties in a f*cking cup final. Kent needs to turn up.

Mugged and to make it worse he was offside.
I am angry but not cowed by that. The bigger prize is still to come. Onwards and upwards. As for that shower on BT they really have to dump Sutton from commentary and get someone neutral in. He is embarrassing to them

Hardest one to take given our dominance.

Stuck up for morelos for years but the blame lies squarely with him. I commented in the 1st half he needed to retain composure but he didnt. Back to last season, trying to shell every chance as hard as possible.

As soon as they scored & we missed the pen, you just knew we wouldnt score.

I know its a minor point in the context but barker is hoaching & shouldnt be near the squad. He was never good enough & his sub performance was abysmal

Only ourselves to blame. A pen, a red card & we still couldn't bury a chance.

Yes their goal was offside but it was v marginal. We can have no excuses

End of the day, we were once again cheated out of the result. Of course we should have scored, but we should right now be starting extra time against a team down to ten men and on their last legs. The decision to allow their goal is criminal and we need to take Collum and Co. to task on this.

No doubt it will be swept under the carpet and we will be spared days and weeks or analysing the decision.

It starts with us not being good enough or clinical enough in front of goal.

They had 4 attempts at goal to our 19.

They had one attempt on target to our 10.

Right there. That’s the problem. We’ve need far too many chances to score today.

To be fair mate, any other game we play with 10 shots on target I'd put my mortgage on at least one going in.

Not saying there isn't some soul searching required after that though. I think some of our players actually lack basic game intelligence and I'm now starting to wonder about their futures at the club if I'm honest.

That said - was there anything to fear from the scum today, on that showing? We've still got 23 league games to show them we're the better team. I still hope and believe we'll do it. We took another step closer to them today. We murdered them for the vast majority of that match, they had no answer until we shot ourselves in the foot again.

Done out of a penalty at Aberdeen and Done out of a penalty again today , and that cheatin’ wee bastard Hayes was making out he was nearly an ambulance job then a minute after his miraculous recovery he is running about like an olympic sprinter . :mad:

Those blaming the officials. FFS you melts.

Rangers dominated that game, missed multiple good chances, including a penalty, and had the last 25 minutes against ten men.

There's more immediate areas to look at than the easy out of the fucking officials as usual.

Shaking with rage after that. Absolutely seething and deflated. Battered them yet still couldn't score the goals our play deserved.

They are unworthy winners but they won't give one sh!t about that.

We need to address why we aren't a threat at corners - we never put them under threat at any of our multiple corners all game when it should have been a chance to turn the screw, it simply just gave them the ball back.

Forster was the MOTM and the reason we didn't win today. His save from Jack was one of those things...

Not much wrong with the penalty, either, but he had one of those days... :(

I really and truly hope heads roll for that because it was unthinkable that we’d lose the game, but to lose it in that manner is sickening beyond belief.

where do we go from here?

how do we pick ourselves up to claw back the points in the league with a trip to Parkhead looming?

can anyone honestly see us winning that?
Weve got several games before then including a European game on Thursday we need to win.

Tell you what we have some drama queens in our support,yes I’m disappointed we should have won we didn’t and it was only down to a bit of luck and bad finishing,we were a country mile in front of them,they won because the linesman didn’t flag for offside the only chance they had up to that point,we will get stronger from this mark my words we have thier number and we will be rejoicing soon.

An offside goal beat us, and a succession of missed chances and a penalty miss what can you say. We are better than them. They carry the luck simple as that. They are shite . An awful way to lose.
Agree a bit more composure we would have ripped these bastards lady luck not with us today . They will point to a red card and penalty but the moment that won the cup is an offside goal

That hurts. And already the references to “bottle merchants” are out. But in the cold light of day, we absolutely dominated that game, created more than enough chances to win 3 games, missed a penalty and they had one shot on target during the whole game and that was an offside goal.

If I was a Celtic fan watching that I would be very worried that my team was thoroughly out played.

I am even more confident now than I was before that we are winning the league. And, at the end of the day, that is the only thing that really matters to me.

Beaten by a brick wall of a goalkeeper and an offside goal,
It still hurts like fuk and a man of 65 shouldn't be sitting near to tears but that's football for you winner takes all.

ok the way I see it:

we dominated that game, absolutely dominated it

they practically scored with there only shot on target the whole game, and it was OFFSIDE!

whats the point of a defence being set up to play offside if the ref and hiss team dont bother??

ok we created a ton of chances, but it was just one of those days..

tin hat on, but if we can play like that BUT SCORE GOALS we will run these cunts close this season

WATP

Last edited:
Back