Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

A big goon in Timmy goal was the difference
Herman_large.jpg

Sickening sickening sickening. Right down to the offside goal. But you cannot miss penalties in a f*cking cup final. Kent needs to turn up.
One shot on target for them but they done the thing you need to do and actually score. Disgraceful from Rangers losing that match.
The one shot was offside !!

Suck it up I'm afraid!

We done it to them for years. You absolutely have to take your chances against this mob or you WILL regret it. Predictably that's what's happened and once again if ALFREDO isn't doing it then no (unt is.

11 Rangers players on that park and nobody to step up to the plate when it REALLY matters. I'm looking at you ARIBO/ KENT/ ARFIELD it's a cup final FFS can you really look yourself in the mirror? No complaints here , we had a glorious opportunity and never took it . Got what we deserved.

Well, that was sickening. The pen miss killed our mojo. Shows the value of winning something to get that belief. We score late goals when we're winning but we don't seem able to come back late in games when we're down. Have to do it once to get the belief - you can't really teach it, just need to do it once to instill the mentaility.

Can't fault the players effort (unless t's for trying too hard) or performance today. Even with all the chances we missed, we don't lose if the officials are even barely competent.

Mind boggling. We've bad luck like nothing else
That is spot on. An offside goal and a succession of chances that any other day we would have had at least three. Absolutely no luck. Daylight robbery but it showed we can dominate this mob. So it’s up to the team to pick itself up and kick on from here . They didn’t do anything but hung on and depended on luck and a goalkeeper. That isn’t a great team, we were the better footballing team. Yes I am devasted and angry at the pen miss but we are not a million miles away from taking them

Chokers and bottlers all. The second we step on the pitch against Celtic we play like absolute scared wimps. Chance after chance squandered and with the game running out several of the worse crosses I have seen in professional football. I get it, the conditions were horrible but to be as sloppy in finishing as that was inexcusable.

Rangers gave it their all, left it all on the field, the chances were there, foster had some game, but today shows we have the ability to get the win, start putting the chances away and that could have been an easy win, put it behind us and move on, cannot dwell on it.
What? Mate it shows the exact opposite of that. We lost 1-0 when we dominated a game. We don’t have the ability to get the win.
Some bears on here have been on the positive thinking blogs I think

That was the worst of all worlds - totally dominated them, had multiple chances to score, our leading scorer missed a penalty, they were a man down, they scored a dubious goal with one of their very very attacks - what a debacle

Nothing dubious about their goal. It was off-side.

The annoying thing about the offside goal was 3 of their players were offside - not just the guy that scored. As already said though - we could have played another 3 hours and not scored a goal.

I think today showed a few things. There are still huge doubts over the mental capability of some of our team to win in important games. Secondly, we have failed to address that adequately in the summer. If you look at the spine of our team we are still totally reliant on the guys who played last season.

Now evidently a number of them have moved up a level from last year, but we have failed to build what we already had last season. The only arguable exception is Helander who may or may not be slightly better than Katic, but either way it's hardly been a huge upgrade.

The only upside from this is we know we can take them, played them off the park for almost the whole game but lost out to a dubious goal, I'm confident we'll win at least two of the three games left in the league.
Delusional

Missing that many chances and panicking when you miss a penalty with your opponents down to 10 men has absolutely nothing to do with luck. We weren't going to score today. Mentally weak and simply not good enough.

It didn't make any difference, but bringing Barker on instead of Stewart was really bizarre.

I think this defeat proves we're nowhere near a title winning side.

It has nothing to do with it.

A one off game where the fine lines got even finer. Morelos keeps his composure and scores, we win. Forster doesn't have the game of his life, we win. The linesman flags offside, we probably still win.

If we keep beating other teams and they dip, we'll win the league. They're due a doing from us, long long overdue, and it'll come eventually and they'll crumble just like Lennon will mentally. He always does because he can't handle the pressure.

We were the better team for pretty much the whole match and they have smashed and grabbed that a clearly offside goal. we have been wasteful in front of goal and if they didn’t have a long streak of pish keeper that kept them in it we would have had a few goals and Morelos I don’t know why he can’t score against them but missing a penalty in this fixture the way he did cause let’s be honest it was a pish poor pen and we have all been critical of Tav but he probably should have taken that penalty far too big a fixture to not have a regular penalty taker taking the pen. I am extremely disappointed we didn’t win we didn’t deserve to lose and there offside goal just shows what we are up against with the officiating. I am proud of the team but feel like if Steve Davis was on the park we probably would have won

Tell you what we have some drama queens in our support,yes I’m disappointed we should have won we didn’t and it was only down to a bit of luck and bad finishing,we were a country mile in front of them,they won because the linesman didn’t flag for offside the only chance they had up to that point,we will get stronger from this mark my words we have thier number and we will be rejoicing soon.
Fair comment, but where was our defence for that goal. All under the ball as fucking usual. Bunched with no back post cover. Time after fucking time we do it. The guy kicked in a cross at ground level. Just have a think about that.

An off-side goal won it for the jammiest f*ckers in the league ….. and as for that yappin’ faced c*nt Sutton , how did he ever get that job .

Chokers and bottlers all. The second we step on the pitch against Celtic we play like absolute scared wimps. Chance after chance squandered and with the game running out several of the worse crosses I have seen in professional football. I get it, the conditions were horrible but to be as sloppy in finishing as that was inexcusable.

Bullshit, their goalkeeper had the game of his life.

Absolutely fucking gutted. Just can't get my head around that. Only reason Barker was brought on was for pace to run at them and use the extra space but that didn't happen, he literally done %^*& all.

Morelos penalty ffs, I wanted him to take it. Just smash it high and make sure of it.

Goal was offside, it should've been chopped off. If VAR is there then its 0-0.

Latest posts

Back