Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

The match ended 20 mins ago and still not one mention of the offside goal, nothing. And Chris Sutton was an absolute disgrace, disgusting levels of deliberate bias on commentary. His constant criticisms of Morelos were truly shocking.

We were beaten by an offside goal and a keeper having a phenomenal performance. Its shit but that's what it is. We don't have a given right to win everything.

Those slagging the team off need to have a fucking look at themselves. As dissapointed as we all are some of the stuff being said is a disgrace.

They need us behind them.

I cant quite describe how low i feel after this. It tells us one thing absolutely , this team will win nothing. They have absolutely zero winning ability. worst defeat to them in years and yes i include all the tankings. frankly as low as i have felt since the hibs debacle and this is a gizillion times worse.
We’re all gutted but this ‘worse than the 5-0 humpings’ patter is horrendous. We were majorly unlucky today and dominated the match. Some kind of gypsy curse on Alfie I think

We were the better team for pretty much the whole match and they have smashed and grabbed that a clearly offside goal. we have been wasteful in front of goal and if they didn’t have a long streak of pish keeper that kept them in it we would have had a few goals and Morelos I don’t know why he can’t score against them but missing a penalty in this fixture the way he did cause let’s be honest it was a pish poor pen and we have all been critical of Tav but he probably should have taken that penalty far too big a fixture to not have a regular penalty taker taking the pen. I am extremely disappointed we didn’t win we didn’t deserve to lose and there offside goal just shows what we are up against with the officiating. I am proud of the team but feel like if Steve Davis was on the park we probably would have won
Tav should have took the penalty

We are a good team, we just dont have big game players that have the heart to win when it counts. Gutted

At least 3 or 4 players in that team bottled it today. Morelos should have been subbed as he looked as though he was too desperate and wasn’t composed. He wasted too many chances.

That hurts. And already the references to “bottle merchants” are out. But in the cold light of day, we absolutely dominated that game, created more than enough chances to win 3 games, missed a penalty and they had one shot on target during the whole game and that was an offside goal.

If I was a Celtic fan watching that I would be very worried that my team was thoroughly out played.

I am even more confident now than I was before that we are winning the league. And, at the end of the day, that is the only thing that really matters to me.
The worst of it is its (allegedly) some of our own who are the worst for calling us bottle merchants.

Suck it up I'm afraid!

We done it to them for years. You absolutely have to take your chances against this mob or you WILL regret it. Predictably that's what's happened and once again if ALFREDO isn't doing it then no (unt is.

11 Rangers players on that park and nobody to step up to the plate when it REALLY matters. I'm looking at you ARIBO/ KENT/ ARFIELD it's a cup final FFS can you really look yourself in the mirror? No complaints here , we had a glorious opportunity and never took it . Got what we deserved.

Have to agree with this. Kent didn't live up to expectations, but otherwise thought our tactics and execution were mostly great. We dominated them in everything except what counts. Forster the clear MOTM, and we'll have to suck it up.

And to criticise giving Alfredo the penalty to take? Thought it was the right call, but again was just not our day...

How do you know that Gerrard hadn't already given instructions that Alfie was to take any penalties?

I absolutely don't. But considering Tav has been missing penalties for months and still taking them, putting set pieces into the stand and continuing to take them, and Gerrard came out a few months ago saying it would be down to Tav to decide if he wants to give up the pens (admit, I may be wrong on that bit but sure it came out after the last penalty miss) then I feel like it was a bit convenient to give it up today.

Morelos was trying to hard unfortunately to no avail, shouldn't have been near it

I'll say just one thing today Celtic didn't beat we beat ourselves ,their keeper saved them time and time again they scored with an offside goal and our attack could'nt, not even a f"cken penalty but we gave everything we could,I've no doubt that the team will get pelters for their efforts so I'm out I already had enough after the A berdeen game

This situation reminds me ironically of our 9 in a row run when Celtic would batter us for 90 mins and we would sneak out a 1-0 win. Specifically the cup semi where David Robertson was sent off after 5 mins then McCoist scored and we held out for a 1-0 win. We had experience and a strong winning mentality in the squad, we don’t now.

That was one of the very OF games I can remember when we totally dominated, but failed to win. This time we have only ourselves to blame, lacked the killer instinct to put them away.

Absolutely sickening. You could tell after we missed the penalty that our confidence was completely shot to bits. The players seemed to stop believing we would score.

Feel we missed Davis' calming presence and experience in there.

We move on.

If we had a PR team we should be on the offensive hounding refs over the last 2 games.

Think they should take the armband off Tav, I know we have a few “captains” but I’d rather have Jack or Davis with it.

Rangers were superb today absolutely everyone of them were desperate to win that game. Jack is in tears at the end and the amount of fuckin dicks in here talking abt balls and heart. Get a fuckin grip we missed a penalty it happens and their keeper was inspired and their goal is offside if not for that we would have destroyed them. Im gutted we didn’t win obviously but people to wise the %^*& up.

It has nothing to do with it.

A one off game where the fine lines got even finer. Morelos keeps his composure and scores, we win. Forster doesn't have the game of his life, we win. The linesman flags offside, we probably still win.

If we keep beating other teams and they dip, we'll win the league. They're due a doing from us, long long overdue, and it'll come eventually and they'll crumble just like Lennon will mentally. He always does because he can't handle the pressure.
We were top of the league twice last season, we buckled to pressure very next game, both times. I think its us that cant handle the pressure, Celtic just watch us %^*& it up ourselves.

We were beaten by an offside goal and a keeper having a phenomenal performance. Its shit but that's what it is. We don't have a given right to win everything.

Those slagging the team off need to have a fucking look at themselves. As dissapointed as we all are some of the stuff being said is a disgrace.

They need us behind them.
There is absolutely that but we had good chances and made a total and I do mean total arse of them.

Brandon Barker's biggest contribution today
19d5dbc30207f8f13b102e65e43f627d.jpg

At least 3 or 4 players in that team bottled it today. Morelos should have been subbed as he looked as though he was too desperate and wasn’t composed. He wasted too many chances.

Disagree. In particular, his shot through Frimpong's legs would have been a goal on another day. Didn't think he was desperate or lacked composure - just unlucky against a good keeper.

This season could unravel if we aren't careful, a shit day all round.
Depends how the players use this burning sense of agony and injustice

If they crawl into their shells and greet then we’re fkd. If they see in the cold light of day how much better than them we are and we will give them a doing next time it can be a the spark to ignite us

We need to lift ourselvea on Thursday and we will

Staggering to lose that. Brown on Alfie was a definite pen, the shove on Alfie was another that could have been given & their goal was clearly offside - 3 hugely important decisions that went against us - for the 2nd important game in a row.

But to change a regular penalty taker when one down in a final was utter madness - I can’t believe we did that.

Other disappointment on the day - Kent looked really sluggish & we needed him at his best & we were so, so timid after they went down to ten men.

Before the moaning and finger pointing gets fully under way I’d just say that on the day we were the better team but just couldn’t convert our chances.

I know what you are saying mate but this is the difference between experiencing winning something and what has to be done to win it and not have experiencing what it takes to win.

No problem if he didnt want it, but gave it to the wrong player. Should have been Barisic as he hits dead balls

Barisic has missed 2 penalties out of the 6 he's taken at senior level.

Tav should have taken it - though I'm sure many on here were pleased when he handed it to Morelos.

We played really well overall but you just get the sense that when we NEED to get a goal, against a half decent team that is backs to the wall defending, we really struggle to do what needs to be done.

I'd love to know the thinking behind the penalty decision. We should not have players randomly deciding "OK you take it" in such a huge moment.

We put that penalty away and we are right back in it with 11 v 10 and that's the moment when we mix it up and go with another PK taker? WHY?

They have won 10 tournaments in a row. Apart from McGregor we have a team who have never won anything. Coincidence???
Is it %^*&
Morelos taking the penalty was either a kick in the baws for Tav or he shat his troosers

Back