Match Thread **Rangers v Celtic - Match Thread - Sky Sports**

McCorie was our best player and a fantastic prospect!

It's worrying though that we are just talking about him, dorrans,Pena and many others were hiding

Smellick are strong but we imo made them look that way as well.

Gutted

We were decent first half.

Second half lost the first goal and seemed to hide after that and make them look good.

Still raging at them c&nts strutting around. We gave them too much space to start from deep and that contrived for the poor second half start and goal.
Morelos let their centre halves and Gordon know they were in a game. Also pleased with young McCrorie's display - solid and composed.
Unfortunately we are a long way off them but better than last year. We are moving in right direction but don't have match winners like they do.

Head meet Brick Wall.

Pedro's the managerial equivalent of Charles Green. An absolute fraud but because he comes out with some soundbytes the gullible buy into it.

Banning green boots was just Pedro's version of Rangersitis.

It's great that Pedro talks so much about "winning," it's a real shame he's not very good at delivering it.

This in spades, although I wouldn't my call him a fraud. I don't think he is trying to mislead anyone I just don't think he is good enough to achieve what he hopes he can.

Compiling a dossier? Why don't you complete it and release the files rather than tell everyone? Green boots? That was a cringe and I still hope that it was just a sort of tongue in cheek comment. Let's not discuss his best squad in the country BS.

These things smack so much of press and fan manipulation we've seen before to try and take focus from the awful fact that we can barely string passes together and we can't seem to defend. I can't decide if this is traynors doing or Pedros.

We at least put a glove on them today. Something we’ve not done in a long time. People forget how bad we were 12 months ago. Anyone who thought we’d close the gap in one transfer window is delusional no matter who our manager is.

Within the last twelve months we've scored against them at Ibrox twice and at Park head.... yesterday we had one shot on target.... with a cheaper to build team than we currently have we put them out the cup scoring twice from open play.

The only change to yesterday's game vs the 1-5 reverse is that our stats were slightly worse and they didn't take their chances.

Jesus.... I'm amazed people think we did better yesterday. We couldn't even get the ball for the last ten minutes.

This in spades, although I wouldn't my call him a fraud. I don't think he is trying to mislead anyone I just don't think he is good enough to achieve what he hopes he can.

Compiling a dossier? Why don't you complete it and release the files rather than tell everyone? Green boots? That was a cringe and I still hope that it was just a sort of tongue in cheek comment. Let's not discuss his best squad in the country BS.

These things smack so much of press and fan manipulation we've seen before to try and take focus from the awful fact that we can barely string passes together and we can't seem to defend. I can't decide if this is traynors doing or Pedros.

He conned Stewart Robertson and Graeme Park into giving him the job mate.

Any Rangers team should be able to match these barstewards mentally & physically. Somehow, though, in the past few games we have been posted 'missing' in both departments. I don't get it. Under an interim manager and crappy team we managed to draw with them in their midden. Since then, it's been a nightmare to watch. I at least expect us to compete, close them down & be in their faces. We might lose but I want these sods to know they've been in a game against us. So, what needs to happen to achieve that as a minimum?

It was individual errors that cost us in the end, the first goal should be been cleared on 3 occasions and a lack of communication between the centre backs for the second

Think Wes should also have done better. With the second goal he half came out, he would maybe have been better staying closer to his line. The first one was a great strike but it is right in the centre of the goals, or maybe I am being harsh?

It's utter shite from Hodson too.

Suppose it was inevitable with our defence being decimated

Just want to respond here, clearing the ball has fuuk all to do with a weakened defence, he could have booted the ball out of the danger area.

I really find it difficult to understand how anyone can defend Pena's performances so far - I regret I can't see anything positive at all

Gutted again we got turned but deep down expected,we're still good players short and looks like another struggle on the way.

We need an enforcer to stamp that thug SB in their mhanky midfield,he picks up loose balls and actually has influence and we stand of him as it makes him look good.

His 1st touch he should have been spitting turf,we don't have that and it will cost cash elsewhere as I don't see that player in Scotland.

Wounded but 55 when it arrive's will be sublime.

WATP

Pena just looks like he's struggling when he runs. Like a ghost is holding his shirt back. Has the pace of a snail.

The annoying thing for me is, that even with our defence decimated the way it was - we still didn't offer much in midfield or attack - which a child would recognise - were the areas where we had to take the game to them -
Much as I hate to admit it we only survived the 1st half because they didn't stretch us the way they obviously can - they aren't that great but we helped them look better than they are
Our midfield doesn't take men on enough - we don't break fast enough - and we run out of ideas too quickly and are still suffering MW's fault of having no plan B
Address even a couple of these points and IMHO we could greatly improve - despite the fact we're still well short of real quality

Well done Pedro.

Thomson canny even look at that Bast@rd Butcher who was by all accounts embarrassing towards US tonight.

Back