MOTM Poll Rangers v Cove Rangers - 18:30 Sunday - Premier Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
3 minutes stoppage time when there was a 7 minute injury and about 8 subs.

Compare that to the 7 minutes Clancy added on at celtic park when they needed a goal.

Obviously the game is done but why can’t they just apply the rules

Cos Clancy is a beggar plum

Best part of the second half Morelos on target against Tav lol

Serious now, Wright motm and hopefully the cove player makes a full and quick recovery!

Gerrard has such an amazing range of options for the 2 forward places beside Morelos.

Kent, Roofe, Wright, Hagi, Aribo.

What a brilliant problem to have.

Dissapointed not to see any second half goals but four for and a clean sheet will do. No apparent injuries.

Bring on the tramps.

Don't think it's remotely close for MOTM. Wright by a country mile.

Compare that to the 7 minutes Clancy added on at celtic park when they needed a goal.

Especially when people will be betting on goals/etc.

Gutted Scott Wright never got the goal he so badly wants. Going by that showing, it won’t be long. Excellent performance. Special mention for Roofe, Defoe and Mr Young Gallus himself, Nathan Patterson (what a finish!)

Professional job,good workout. Cove good defensive display in second half putting their bodies on the line to keep us out. Kent has to watch himself with Wright breathing down his neck with that display. Onwards we go. WATP.

Just hope the Cove guy who was injured is OK. A bit of a sickener for him. Looked a bad one and hope he’s back soon.
#Relentless we didn't make the homeless go hungry for this softness! :))

*I do wish the Bear a speedy recovery, ice it up and he'll be playing Tuesday

Good enough result though would have liked a couple of second half goals. A useful run out to get the players back up to speed after the break.
I bet the SFA are fuming that the COVID 2, Patterson and Bassey, got to play and both did well.

Agreed, it's something of a pet hate of mine when referees decide to take it easy on the wee team and blow up early. It's not their job, the rules for additional time are pretty clear and shouldn't be open to interpretation by match officials to suit themselves.

We all know what Clancy's like but even if we hadn't witnessed his "interpretation" of the rules of the game previously things like this would be a warning flag. If a referee is comfortable bending the rules of the game in such a blatant (but essentially meaningless) fashion what else is he prepared to do to influence matches? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a referee could indulge in some spot fixing.

The job was done before half time. I’d have loved a few more goals, maybe a hat trick for one of our forwards, but I’ll go to bed happy tonight with that win.
I’m also buzzing at the prospect of ending the mentally challengeds’ season in 2 weeks time as we go all out to get the double.

K

I'd a ton on Rangers winning both halves. Not saying another 3-4 minutes would've helped but FFS it was obviously not 3 mins extra time. :confused:

Voted Patterson thought he was very impressive. But no denying that Wright is another great find.
The futures bright ................

I like listening to Defoe.

He really appreciates getting the chance to play for our club.
The beauty is we feed off each other!
Jermaine loves being here and getting the occasional opportunity to strut his stuff and the club benefit by having him playing in cameos but more importantly his influence within the squad.
To be working with a genuine world class professional every single day of the week is worth its weight in gold!

Shame for Wright not getting a goal, but easy win and job done.

It was nice to hear to hear my local club Blyth Spartans get a random mention.

Do yellow or red cards in the league carry over to the Scottish cup ? No suspensions tonight but wouldn’t want anyone to miss the old firm by getting a booking or red next week. If anyone’s at risk of a yellow suspension and they do carry I wouldn’t risk them

Do yellow or red cards in the league carry over to the Scottish cup ? No suspensions tonight but wouldn’t want anyone to miss the old firm by getting a booking or red next week. If anyone’s at risk of a yellow suspension and they do carry I wouldn’t risk them
No. Unless it’s a red card for violent conduct

Professional performance, won the game in the first half and went through the motions in the second without picking up any injuries.

Bring them On

Job done!

A little disappointed not to score more goals in the 2nd half, but some of our build up play was exquisite today.

Great full debut from Wright, who showed what he can bring to the side. Young Patterson having another cracking outing as well. That goal of his just shows what he is picking up from the skipper. I thought Arfield put in a good shift as well that was worthy of mention.

Onward and upward to the next challenge...

WATP!!!

MOTM: Scott Wright. He didnt waste his chance and gave the manager something to think about. I think he could offer some balance on the right of a front three with Morelos and Kent

Back