Rangers v Derby at Ibrox - no away friendlies again

Dry your eyes and get yourself + family/friends along to Ibrox.

More money for the club.

I understand that many fans love an away weekend on the lash.

However, we need all the money we can lay our hands on right now. Stopping the paedos from 9 or 10 is absolutely the top priority, so we will need to spend a lot to really strengthen.

That money has to come from somewhere, so if these four home friendlies help, I can live with that this year.

Find some fans reaction to no away friendlies bizarre, the point of these matches is to build fitness not to give everyone a great day out.

With potential long flights to Eastern Europe in the qualifying stages, the last thing the squad needs is to then travel down south for a friendly.

Completely agree. Preseason is about preparing ourselves for the start of the season in the best way possible. I suspect giving the support a trip down south for a p*ss up is fairly low on Gerrard’s priorities.

I understand that many fans love an away weekend on the lash.

However, we need all the money we can lay our hands on right now. Stopping the paedos from 9 or 10 is absolutely the top priority, so we will need to spend a lot to really strengthen.

That money has to come from somewhere, so if these four home friendlies help, I can live with that this year.
Yep should be a good earner.

Could be looking at £600k to £1m if ticket sales go well. Obviously that isn’t factoring in how much we have to divvy up between the opposition but it’s a decent amount.

It’s also vital we get EL group stage football this year. 7 home ties will generate an enormous amount of money, and that’s not factoring in the prize money we will receive.

Yep should be a good earner.

Could be looking at £600k to £1m if ticket sales go well. Obviously that isn’t factoring in how much we have to divvy up between the opposition but it’s a decent amount.

It’s also vital we get EL group stage football this year. 7 home ties will generate an enormous amount of money, and that’s not factoring in the prize money we will receive.

Gutted I'm working the Sunday of the Derby game but I'll get to the others.

The only down side to having three home friendlies is the detrimental effect on the pitch which will just be getting established by July !

It did cut up more than a bit in last year's early season matches.

Do we think itl be most senior players for Oxford game as it’s first one back?

Thinking of taking my youngest but she won’t be interested as much if it’s youth players getting a run out.

Back