Match Thread ** Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday 7th - RangersTV.tv **

Murty has to come out and say something about that decision. Unbelievable...how can it be a dive when the keeper is lying there bleeding because there was obvious contact?

Just listening on the radio, but I can see a senario where a player would start to fall and then have contact

Good result in the end and other results going our way, they tired badly in the second half. I actually thought we improved with Halliday in midfield.

He might be an option next week which would allow Dorrans to get further forward

Well done: deserved 3pts, four goals, clean sheet, the return of McCrorie, Morelos back on the score sheet... a few positives from today.

Good set of results for us today, pity Hibs got a late equaliser but we should be able to kick on and get second place

Murty got it right. FollowFollow got it wrong (see the scaremongering at the start of this thread).

With Hearts beating the Sheep and HIV's losing points, a good day at the office.

Not really.

The first half was abysmal. The dynamics changed when Docherty went off. Halliday allowed Dorrans to be further forward. Candeias was excellent in the 2nd half as well. I would still rather holt played before Halliday but either or should now play before young Docherty next week

Pleased with the results, and the other results round about us.

Still fear for us if we go with that line-up and/or shape next Sunday.

Quick summary of the performance and goals please?
Only just in from work unfortunately.

Halliday did well when he came on Docherty was not having the best of games Jimmy Nicholl was more influential today I thought giving good advice to murty.

didnt see the game only grab what I could from here,happy for the points and need to keep going in the league,after last few game’s a win’s a win,enjoy your weekend Bears.

WATP

Game of 2 half’s mate.

Halliday replaced Doc early second half and we finally took control of the MF. Great goals as well. The first half was as bad as I’ve seen though

Well done to the team and the manager. Job done, 4 goals and a clean sheet. Few folk embarrassed themselves prior to kick off. All in all a good day.

Weird game as we were poor for long spells and despite that created loads of chances

Dundee tired in the last 20 minutes which allowed us to get a few goals and make it look like a nice easy day.

Play that side next week and Murty should sacked when he hands in the team lines

Not a bad day for us eventually.Great to see Dundeehivs skelped too_OOff out now for a few beers and something to eat.Happy Saturday night Bears.

Brilliant 3 points. Four goals. And as Texas Rangers wrote, we were not at our best. Second half better. Some of the players were a tad slip-shod at times in defence, losing the ball when it was easier to pass. Halliday, I'm surprised to say, was decent when he came on and allowed Dorrans to play in a forward role and the goals came. And Kenny did fine for 70 mins.

Is anyone surprised that we looked much better with three in the middle of the park? Took total control of the game. And showed that Dorrans is much more effective playing 20 yards further forward.

Not really.

The first half was abysmal. The dynamics changed when Docherty went off. Halliday allowed Dorrans to be further forward. Candeias was excellent in the 2nd half as well. I would still rather holt played before Halliday but either or should now play before young Docherty next week
Agree with most of that (except Holt), but it also coincided with Dundee going to a back 4, therefore being lighter in midfield and minimal threat out wide. We got more time on the flanks, especially our right to get deliveries into the middle.

Murty got it right. FollowFollow got it wrong (see the scaremongering at the start of this thread).

With Hearts beating the Sheep and HIV's losing points, a good day at the office.
Not really though did he? We were terrible in the first half and the start of the second half. Over ran in midfield again due to having 2 in there against 3. Dundee could easily have scored 3 in the first half alone.

Second goal saved us and killed them off then when he went with 3 in the middle after Miller went off then thats when we hammered them. Fair play, yes he made the change but it did take till about 80 mins.

Halliday played well I thought. I would never have suggested bringing him on but was pleasantly surprised.

Get a grip, we're 3rd in the league and playing awful.

Lucky to be ahead in this match and if we play like this next week we'll get destroyed.

If you're happy with this you're part of the problem.

"part of the problem"? Think you're one that needs to get a grip, son. It's a football match. Sit the %^*& down and relax.

Good result after the past few weeks but still incapable of putting in a 90 min shift

Once we had a midfield on the park we improved .

Mcrorie made a difference at CH definite .

Perhaps it’s time to look at a midfield of Halliday , Dorrans, Docherty , Candeas .

Murphy wide and Morelos in the lone role . Worth a try v the jumpjets ?

I hope Murty has taken note of why and when things dramatically improved for us - went to 3 in midfield and Dorrans playing further forward. Well done Rangers for a result bound to improve our confidence.

I think he is right to be concerned.
This isn't good.
We are easily exposed at the back, we aren't controlling the midfield, and Dundee are clearly a very poor side.
Murty is learning nothing and if he gets a win today with such a poor shaped side, then he will go into next week surrendering the midfield to The Filth.
A win is important, but it may well deceive Murty into believing he is right and the rest of the world is wrong.

He isn't just concerned though, is he? This fella is making literally dozens of posts every waking hour about how the world is going to end because Liam Kelly wore pink laces in training. He's a sweetie wife who isn't happy no matter the formation, personnel, or result. He'll switch is opinion to whatever is contrarian.

Not really.

You are joking??
4-0 not a good day at the office?
I think you are missing something.
Play bad but win 4-0, I'll take that all season and next

How many points should we have taken from the scum this season? Looking at the league table we would be top if we'd won the last two.

Anyway, a well fought win today. Miller's attitude was a shining light in that game. Well done Kenny.

Once we had a midfield on the park we improved .

Mcrorie made a difference at CH definite .

Perhaps it’s time to look at a midfield of Halliday , Dorrans, Docherty , Candeas .

Murphy wide and Morelos in the lone role . Worth a try v the jumpjets ?

Docherty needs dropped

He isn't just concerned though, is he? This fella is making literally dozens of posts every waking hour about how the world is going to end because Liam Kelly wore pink laces in training. He's a sweetie wife who isn't happy no matter the formation, personnel, or result. He'll switch is opinion to whatever is contrarian.
I don't look at who is posting mate, I just respond to what is written without prejudice.

Not really.

I wouldn't play either before Docherty but would have one of them with Docherty and Dorrans.

You are joking??
4-0 not a good day at the office?
I think you are missing something.
Play bad but win 4-0, I'll take that all season and next

Tbf to Murty he saw that Docherty was poor and put Halliday in there which changed the game.

However a better team would have scored 2-3 in the first half.

If Murty starts with the same team next sun the game will be over by HT

Delighted with the win and I pray Murty has learned and noticed how much better we played when we had a more defensive midfielder in there who could actually find a man with a pass

Worth pointing out that 4-0 equals Dundee’s biggest defeat of the season. They had recently picked up some decent points so maybe some people are being overly critical of Rangers.

Referee got his yellow out of his pocket in such a hurry he missed the opportunity to see the full situation and has made a rip roaring lady's front bottom of himself
There should be opportunities to have yellow cards rescinded when they are so blantany wrong. The standard of refereeing in our country is absolutely shocking but unless it’s again that mob then it’s never mentioned

It’s about time these idiots are called to account they are ruining our game they need to come out and explain and answer the abysmal decision they make week in week out

Back