Match Thread ** Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday 7th - RangersTV.tv **

He isn't just concerned though, is he? This fella is making literally dozens of posts every waking hour about how the world is going to end because Liam Kelly wore pink laces in training. He's a sweetie wife who isn't happy no matter the formation, personnel, or result. He'll switch is opinion to whatever is contrarian.

I’ve never once mentioned Liam Kelly or laces so your way out of line . Perhaps you should retract . And to say I’m not happy about results when we win ? Your trying too hard . Go and troll someone else .

There should be opportunities to have yellow cards rescinded when they are so blantany wrong. The standard of refereeing in our country is absolutely shocking but unless it’s again that mob then it’s never mentioned

Tbf the boy Caucker is it? He was excellent for them

Murty got it right. FollowFollow got it wrong (see the scaremongering at the start of this thread).

With Hearts beating the Sheep and HIV's losing points, a good day at the office.

I fully expected us to win.

I stand by the fact that Murty picking that team today (and his subs to be honest) once again shows he will never have it to be our manager.

Yes I personally would have Dorrans playing that role. Would make it more like a midfield 3. We have them on the wings if we can control the middle of the park we stand a great chance of winning.

Can’t argue with that although KM can deliver against them. Docherty form is worrying me apparently he was poor for Scotland as well

Can’t argue with that although KM can deliver against them. Docherty form is worrying me apparently he was poor for Scotland as well

Thing with Docherty, Goss, Dorrans, etc they all looking poor in parts. To me this is partly because none of them playing alongside a Ryan Jack or McCrorie when in the middle, however I believe its mainly down to mist teams putting 3 up against our 2.

Two injuries today made him make the subs

McCrorie cramp
Docherty illness

Cramp doesn't require a sub, although it was correct to make it.

Halliday on when Goss is on the bench
Goss on for Miller instead of Cummings coming on.

Who are we more likely to turn to to try and make an impact on Sunday if needed from the bench? Cummings should have been given 20mins and the chance to run at a tired defence

this victory changes nothing, the guy in the dugout is clueless.

Can anyone tell me why Murty is not Playing Jason Cummings,to me it seems as if we are losing out on a great talent.
Hes not shown anything bar the hatrick v Ayr he deserves to be in the team. Just look at Miller today how well he links up play and Alfredos work rate. Cummings can do niether.

Cannot belive people are greeting at a 4 nil win when Dundee managed to hold the Dhims 0-0 midweek.

And both Abeerdeen and Hibs dropped points. Its as if people are upset we won today.

I watched the first half (in part) and missed the second. Boy, we must have improved. Great result

Think we have to just all get behind the team and manager now for the rest of the season. I’m sure deep down even Murty knows he’s not the man going forward but we are still capable of getting second and the cup if we can pull a performance from somewhere next week

Who are we more likely to turn to to try and make an impact on Sunday if needed from the bench? Cummings should have been given 20mins and the chance to run at a tired defence

Cramp doesn’t require a sub??? Pish.

I thought 4-0 flattered us today if I’m honest.

We played well in spells but I thought we were noticeably better once Goss came on and we switched to a flat three in the middle with Dorrans pushing on to press.

I was absolutely delighted to see McCrorie back though and for me he was MOTM before he got subbed off.

Happy with the win but realistically we need to be so much better next Sunday.

We'll play better than that and get beat.

I thought we were absolutely dreadful until the 3rd went in. The amount of unforced errors was beyond belief. Midfield yet again was overran and the gap between them and the back four was huge. Dundee cut us open at will down the flanks at times. Better teams will punish us.

We cannot go into that game next week with 2 in the middle of the park. We simply can't.

The midfield and performance for the opening 30 minutes was awful. Our passing and lack of awareness and composure is appalling.

The two man midfield should have been binned weeks ago and other than scoring, I thought Miller was poor. He wouldn't have been in my line up.

Haven't a clue how long McCrorie has been out for but he walked in today and brought a touch of class. Docherty struggling with illness and possibly shouldn't have started if thay was the case. Dorrans just looks slow and pedestrian. The midfield two haven't a clue what's going on in there as both look to attack and left gaps in our midfield.

For a lack of quality in our over all play, we managed to create a number of chances and I've seen us play a lot better and lose.

3 points, rivals dropping points, the return of McCrorie, Morelos on the score sheet and another game closer to the end of Murty's reign.

* forgot to mention Halliday. Not a favourite of mine but he performed well.

I thought we were absolutely dreadful until the 3rd went in. The amount of unforced errors was beyond belief. Midfield yet again was overran and the gap between them and the back four was huge. Dundee cut us open at will down the flanks at times. Better teams will punish us.

We cannot go into that game next week with 2 in the middle of the park. We simply can't.

Can’t disagree with that and also add that the Miller replacement for Windass contributed to midfield being completely overrun for an hour. The goal apart I thought he was awful.

We can’t possibly go with miller and that formation next week

There's probably an argument for a midfield 3 next week of Halliday, Dorrans and Goss.

I would have wanted McCrorie in there but who would play centre back?

I thought after looking horrendous for much of the first half we improved quite a bit. Good to see Ross back, albeit I think we need him more as a holding midfielder just now. The slackness in our possession and passing which has haunted us all season is still there though and we'll get punished for that next week if we cannot tighten it up.

I think 4-1-4-1 should be our formation with the current resources. I think we went to that eventually today and had a better grip of the game.

Won't go down well with large chunks of FF, but I have a strong feeling both Miller and Halliday will start next week. I thought both contributed quite well today. Docherty hasn't been himself for a game or two. Andy looked a bit tidier in possession. Miller's experience and habit of scoring against those cunts might be crucial.

Was surprised Cummings didn't get on. Starting to wonder if his face fits. I noticed him heading off up the tunnel immediately after Goss came on (although he did reappear).

Haven't read the full thread but can see lots of moaning. Put it this way, I'd rather be coming off a 4-0 win at home, with a clean sheet, McCrorie back, Alfredo scoring, Candeias scoring.... than one of our shitey draws or even a defeat... in the run up to a cup semi against the scum.

Oh, and the booking of Morelos was beyond ridiculous.

I fully expected us to win.

I stand by the fact that Murty picking that team today (and his subs to be honest) once again shows he will never have it to be our manager.

His subs worked really well wtf are you on about?

We essentially had one midfielder on in Dorrans. Docherty was ridiculously bad, couldn’t pass, tackle, positionally was a nightmare and zero compsure. As soon as Halliday came on the difference was huge.

Is Alfredo banned for next week?

We essentially had one midfielder on in Dorrans. Docherty was ridiculously bad, couldn’t pass, tackle, positionally was a nightmare and zero compsure. As soon as Halliday came on the difference was huge.

Is Alfredo banned for next week?

For next week, no.

Docherty was apparently feeling ill at HT so that explains his poor display. He'd absolutely be in my team next week though. We need his energy in there.

Halliday did well when he came on but there's a huge jump between Dundee and dealing with Ntcham and Brown. Not sure he's got what it takes.

Right now Dorrans, Doc and Goss would be my three.

For next week, no.

Docherty was apparently feeling ill at HT so that explains his poor display. He'd absolutely be in my team next week though. We need his energy in there.

Halliday did well when he came on but there's a huge jump between Dundee and dealing with Ntcham and Brown. Not sure he's got what it takes.

Right now Dorrans, Doc and Goss would be my three.

Doc has been mince for a while, looks far to raw at present. His energy doesn’t actually do anything. We need someone to actually go through a player or two, none of the 3 mentioned will compete in that area.

Unfortunately with Bates out McCrorie needs to replace Alves so the only defense midfield option we have is Halliday. It’s not perfect.

4 goals and a clean sheet after a poor run of form against a team who held the poets to a draw at their Theatre of Noncery, I'd take that every day of the week.

Understand the first half was poor, but i always felt the goal was coming. We weren't as bad as some people are making out IMO.

McRorie had cramp after 65 minutes. Too long left to take a chance.

Poor first half, better second half. I thought that Halliday changed the game. Docherty and Dorrans had an absolute 'mare in the first half.

A trivial point, but one I thought about anyway; dafuq was that dreadful version of Four lads had a dream before kick off? Sounded like it was recorded on an iPhone by a drunk fan in a toilet. Woeful.

One of those days where result was better than performance.

Murty got selection wrong again, replacing Windass with Miller appears to show a man stubbornly sticking by failing tactics that are very easy to play against, like Warburton.

You could sense the frustration building in the first half as, once again an inferior team overran us in midfield by outnumbering us in the middle. Kenny's goal stopped this frustration venting at the half time whistle.

Start of the second half was similar before the gulf in quality finally told in the final half hour. I worry that the comfortable win masks the same old mistakes in terms of selection and we once again we take the same old failings into next weeks semi.

One of those days where result was better than performance.

Murty got selection wrong again, replacing Windass with Miller appears to show a man stubbornly sticking by failing tactics that are very easy to play against, like Warburton.

You could sense the frustration building in the first half as, once again an inferior team overran us in midfield by outnumbering us in the middle. Kenny's goal stopped this frustration venting at the half time whistle.

Start of the second half was similar before the gulf in quality finally told in the final half hour. I worry that the comfortable win masks the same old mistakes in terms of selection and we once again we take the same old failings into next weeks semi.
Pretty much agree
The fact is we came good without really deserving it
We wouldn't get away with twice our performance today against even slightly better opposition
& If the truth be told Dundee must be thinking- how did that happen?
I posted earlier that GM was now actually causing confidence problems with our players and I stand by that - we are better than our recent performances but our confidence is going backwards IMHO mostly because of GM's weird selections, formations and tactics- or lack of them

We definitely need an injection of determination for next week especially but play like we did today in the 1st half and we'll be punished by almost anyone in the division- just as we have been already

We have the makings of a really good team there but they need to be structured properly.
McCrorie needs to play in front of the back four to give them a shield,particularly the center backs.
This would also provide a base for the two other midfielders to win the ball and set up attacks.
Murty is unable to see this and has lost all credibility in my opinion.
The fact that Jimmy Nicholl was more visible today says a lot.

Last edited:
Another game of 2 halves.Dreadful 1st 45 mins and better 2nd 45mins.It was a win that was expected..

It was good to get four goals but the whole game had an end of days feel. The vast majority of supporters know we are not a good unit and rather than improving under Murty we have went backwards.
I still say we don't look as if we know what we are doing for long spells in a game.

Back