Match Thread ** Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday 7th - RangersTV.tv **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
g532C7O.png

4 of us in hospitality for my uncle's birthday tomorrow, so I'll be looking after 3 steamers.

Hopefully Murty goes 4-1-4-1 with. ......

Alnwick (if Wes is out)

Tav Martin Alves John

McCrorie

Candieas Dorrans Docherty Murphy

Morelos

Hopefully we're in a position to give Goss, Miller and Cummings some game time later on .

Looking for a clean sheet and will gladly take a 2-0 win.

Are we wise to drop/rest Morelos for this game as a booking will mean he's out the Old Firm after the split?

Are we wise to drop/rest Morelos for this game as a booking will mean he's out the Old Firm after the split?

How do you know the date of the mentally challenged game?

I wouldn’t leave him out in any case.

We need 3 points tomorrow.

The brick wall will be going up like they did with the scum balls the other night.
We are weak at breaking this down.
We will need an early goal or frustration as usual will set in.

Canny see Dundee getting 2 shut outs in a row............a win for the Gers tomorrow.

Ok guys sorry about this, I can't find the Butch thread regarding the silence/applause. I'm working tomorrow and would like to observe a silence in my own wee way...is the tribute taking place before kick off or at a specific time. Thanks in advance.

If we were sure of second I would play the same 11 in mind for the semi final. But a win is an absolute must tomorrow and we need to go for goals.

For me, that means a diamond so we can accommdate 2 up front.

Back 4 of Tavernier Martin Alves John

McCrorie base of diamond.

Dorrans and Goss in front of them.

Murphy at the tip.

Morelos and Cummings up front.

Docherty on in the second half, he isn't undroppable on current form.

Our 4-2-3-1 Has become totally predictable, Neil McCann will expect it and have his tactics set for it.
We need to forget the following week and play the players and formation best suited to a decisive win in the race to finish above Aberdeen and Hibs.

If we were sure of second I would play the same 11 in mind for the semi final. But a win is an absolute must tomorrow and we need to go for goals.

For me, that means a diamond so we can accommdate 2 up front.

Back 4 of Tavernier Martin Alves John

McCrorie base of diamond.

Dorrans and Goss in front of them.

Murphy at the tip.

Morelos and Cummings up front.

Docherty on in the second half, he isn't undroppable on current form.

Our 4-2-3-1 Has become totally predictable, Neil McCann will expect it and have his tactics set for it.
We need to forget the following week and play the players and formation best suited to a decisive win in the race to finish above Aberdeen and Hibs.

We really shouldn't be leaving candeias out

Does anybody have an idea of what time the players arrive before the game?

I'm hoping to get some photos with the wee man tomorrow.

I would go with

Wes (if fit)

Tav Martin Alves John

McCrorie

Dorrans Docherty

Candieas Murphy

Morelos

Main decision for me is whether we bring McCrorie in at centre back or holding midfield, I would give Alves and Martin one last chance with the added protection of McCrorie in front of them

Tempted to start goss ahead of Docherty but that 11 would be how I would start next week so I think we give it a trial run

We need to get three points tomorrow if we hope to have any chance of salvaging second place.

Having 2 attacking full backs and 2 wingers is costing us the fight in midfield where the modern game is won and lost and allowing us to only play 1 up. Don't know what the answer is as I like both Murphy and Candieas.

Really hoping McCrorie sitting in front of the defence is the answer to the powder puff midfield performances.

It's about time Morelos went on a scoring streak. So, a couple of goals for him in a 4-0 win. Optimism!

Need the 3 points today. Can't afford to drop any more. Going for a 3-1 win for the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!

Aye its desperation stages now and we need to finish 2nd to avoid being a laughing stock. To do so we need to beat Aberdeen and win all our remaining home games. If we can't win our games at Ibrox we don't deserve it. Goals could still be important so am hoping for us to be wearing our shooting boots today. 4-1 Rangers.

We need a win here, will be absolute carnage if we don’t get it.

Expecting a now-standard 10 men behind the ball and look to hit on the break effort from Dundee, an early goal from us would be welcome so hopefully we aren’t sleeping first half again.

The team picks itself for me today and I hope Murty doesn’t mess about with it. McCrorie DM and Dorrans a true number 10 taking up the slot vacated by Windass! We’ll need a bit of guile today as they’ll be parking the bus. Hopefully Dorrans and Murphy can provide it!

We need a good win, and a clean sheet.

We (the fans) need it.....but the players' confidence needs a boost too. :):):)

Was reading GersNet on Twitter earlier and he floated the idea of Murty will sticking with the 4-2-3-1 with Cummings playing on the left and Murphy in the Windass role. McCrorie at centre half instead of Martin or Alves.

Can see it happening TBH.

Was reading GersNet on Twitter earlier and he floated the idea of Murty will sticking with the 4-2-3-1 with Cummings playing on the left and Murphy in the Windass role. McCrorie at centre half instead of Martin or Alves.

Cummings wide left is sheer idiocy. Even though he is past it and a last resort, even Kenny Miller would be a better option there.

4 of us in hospitality for my uncle's birthday tomorrow, so I'll be looking after 3 steamers.

Hopefully Murty goes 4-1-4-1 with. ......

Alnwick (if Wes is out)

Tav Martin Alves John

McCrorie

Candieas Dorrans Docherty Murphy

Morelos

Hopefully we're in a position to give Goss, Miller and Cummings some game time later on .

Looking for a clean sheet and will gladly take a 2-0 win.
Id agree but have hated Martin since he came. Absolute liability, give cardoso a chance

Can see it being a tight game today, Dundee have a couple of decent centre backs and a bit of pace with murray up front who has caused Alves issues already this season

We need to start well and not let our heads drop if we don’t get an early breakthrough

Id agree but have hated Martin since he came. Absolute liability, give cardoso a chance

With you on the Martin issue. SPFL radar stats show he's the worst defender in the league in terms of being culpable for goals against. The problem is that Cordoso is not much better and as much as I'd like to see McCrorie at the base of the diamond, I think we need him at centre half. We need to stop making it easy for the opposition to score, putting us on the back foot early on in games.

Would rather see McCrorie in midfield personally, sticking him at the back doesn’t solve the issue of us losing midfield runners and being too open in there on the counter.

I'd have young Ross in the heart of defence. I think he's better and offers more to us in the DM role, but if we go into the semi with Martin at CB the scum will score at least four

Didn't see that but I watched McRorie and Murty's interviews and the impression I came away with is that young Ross will be in CD, not DM, probably for Martin. I think he's going to stick with 4-2-3-1.

Back