MOTM Poll Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder what time the underground will break down today? :rolleyes:

I predict outer circle at around 2pm

Extract from The Times, Saturday, 4th December 2021

Van Bronckhorst has stabilised Rangers after the turbulence of losing Steven Gerrard and crashing out of the Premier Sports Cup in the semi-final to Hibernian.

He has delivered consecutive wins over Sparta Prague, Livingston and, in a swift rematch, Hibs at Easter Road in midweek. Such has been the frequency of fixtures — today’s game at home to Dundee will be their fourth in ten days — that he has still to get round to other issues from his in-tray. He had no view on the likelihood of Connor Goldson signing a new contract after months of impasse, for example.

“I don’t have a clue because I am only here a couple of weeks,” van Bronckhorst said.

“It’s always tough when you have players going out of contract at the end of the season. But really I don’t have a clue what will happen. Maybe when I talk to Connor myself in the coming days or weeks I will have more of a view on that.

“I spoke to Ross [Wilson, Rangers’ sporting director] about it today. He is still talking with his agents. It’s still on speaking terms with the agents so we have to wait.

“I think they are talking. I saw reports he has rejected an offer but that is untrue. They are still talking so hopefully we can have more news in the coming weeks or months. In the coming days and weeks I will also speak with the players about their futures. So far I didn’t because my focus was 100 per cent on winning the games. I didn’t have time to speak with the players personally.”

Van Bronckhorst’s early impact at the club had been “amazing” according to defender Calvin Bassey. He said: “He has taken the level in training up and hopefully we are showing that in our performances.”

The 21-year-old has started all three games under the new manager having been moved from left-back to centre-half in the absence of injured pair Leon Balogun and Filip Helander.

“You see the game from a different angle and the passing lines are different,” he said. “Positioning is different but I have experienced players and internationals around me. The more you do it the more you know what passes are on, where you need to go and can anticipate where players are going to go so you can pass it into the space. The more experience I’m getting in that position then the more confident I’m getting.”

Goldson, James Tavernier, and Borna Barisic had all been helpful during matches but Allan McGregor’s advice has been bellowed at him at a higher volume. “You get used to it to be fair. ‘Greegsy’, all jokes aside, is a wonderful guy and a top player.

The way he says things it might look like he is screaming down my neck but he is just trying to help me and what he’s saying is all good information. He is almost like a coach on the pitch. He has done it for many years and experienced a lot. Greegsy’s fine.”

Balogun will train tomorrow but Ryan Jack is in the squad today as van Bronckhorst hopes to ease him back into the side after long-term injury.

“I know he is an important player of the squad,” said the manager. “In the next weeks hopefully I can give him some more minutes and he can be back to his full fitness.”

Any chance the team could be wearing the founding fathers strip today? Both Dundee's kits are Blue so good chance it's Rangers who need to change?

Hope we take them apart, anyone who happily takes a bite of that mobs soggy biscuit deserve all they get

Let's keep this good momentum going. Hopefully Dundee will come and try a bit which will leave gaps to exploit. Going 3-1 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the game. Battle fever building nicely. Just about to have a shower and get ready. Train at quarter to 12. Saturday 3 O’Clock kickoffs are by far my favourite.

McGregor
Tav goldson bassey Borna
Lundstrom kamara
Patterson hagi Kent
Roofe

Just to freshing things up

Regardless the team we should be winning come on rangers

Lets jist get stuck in. 4-0

Folk fae Dundee are thick as ####.
If you were to pour hot water on a Dundonian, you'd get a new flavour for a Pot Noodle. :)):))

I would like to see

Mcgregor
Tav goldson bassey borna
Arfield kamara
Aribo
Sakala roofe kent

But who ever gio picks should be enough for that mob

Should be a straightforward win 2/3 nil, but I'll not take any thing for granted, we'll probably have to fight hard for a win.

Hope we take them apart, anyone who happily takes a bite of that mobs soggy biscuit deserve all they get
Exactly. This should not be forgotten and we should use it as energy in the stands to crank up the atmosphere and wipe the floor with this mob.

Taking Jnr to his first game does anyone know what time the players arrive Are they back at the front door entrance ?

he’s desperate to see Hagi !

Will Gio see Roofe as another option for the right side of attack that he's used Hagi for in the last three games, or does he see him as being for the central role only?

For those who view via RangersTV, this game, being a Saturday 1500hrs kick-off, has different requirements to normal.

Its not available in England (unless you use a VPN).

If viewing in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (without a VPN) then you need to use (and register with) a ’substitute’ RangersTV website - same as Hearts game earlier in the season.

If you use a VPN then continue to use it and stick with the regular RangersTV site and not the ‘substitute’ one.

If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website.
One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does.

See the link in @DocStone OP and go to post #876 in it for more detailed advice and post any queries in that thread and we can keep it all together.
Thanks. I was struggling with this.

We’re 4 points clear haha

Aye, he’s right though, it keeps the pressure on them not to drop any points at all or risk falling out of contention. They are 4 points behind and rapidly approaching a point in the season where every single game becomes a must win for the second placed side. If we somehow go into the game on the 2nd more than 4 points ahead then they simply can’t afford to get beat in it.

I think it was a blunder playing the 2 holding midfielders against Hibs(i know Gio knows much more than me :D:p). I get we won the game and I was delighted but I think our shape removed so much of our threat. Coupled with the fact Jack Ross had his back line much deeper than at Ibrox or Hampden to stop the great through balls in the spaces we've seen so far from Gio's tactics.

I felt with our the 4-2-3-1, the 3 weren't forward enough or the 2 wide players weren't wide enough. I felt we lost an attacking option and flow we had during the Livi game when we went 4-3-3.

I hope we go 4-3-3 today. Any holding midfielder from Lundstram, Davis or Kamara....

And 2 attacking midfielders from Aribo, Hagi, Bacuna, Jack, Arfield to get in the spaces between the wide men and whoever center.

Cmon the Gers......5-0 today....

I'd go with

McGregor

Tav
Patterson (LB)
Goldson
Bassey

Davis
Aribo
Arfield

Wright RW
Roofe
Sakala LW

Last edited:
Taking Jnr to his first game does anyone know what time the players arrive Are they back at the front door entrance ?

he’s desperate to see Hagi !
Bus usually arrives between 1 and 1.30 . If you get the chance to wait behind Copland after the game there’s barriers at the area where the players leave usually from about 515 onwards . A lot of them will do photos through the barriers

I think the team will be

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Aribo
Arfield

Sakala
Morelos
Kent

4-0

Would love a win by 4/5 goals, go 7 points ahead and be a few ahead on goal difference, puts massive pressure on them going to a tricky away game with a fair few injuries tomorrow.

I was expecting hassle trying to order the game on to Rangers TV today because of the 3pm blackout. However, thanks to the Valley Bluenose thread it was very easy and I now have a browser page open showing the countdown clock :))

We should be comfortable today but Dundee were dangerous from crosses against the paedos a few weeks back at Dens. We need to be sharp and wary. Looks like we have kicked the habit of conceding first finally but that must continue because it will become a slog to break them down if they are defending a lead.

Sure it was at Dens but our last meeting with Dundee was a very tight affair and they should have scored before their penalty miss.

'Keep the Zero' is the new mantra.

A hatful of goals at the other end would be welcome as well though.

Today and Thursday are the days to rotate and have a look at the rest of the squad Gio.

Back