MOTM Poll Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re ignoring his record in Europe of course aren’t you ? As that’s far better.

Domestically, obviously not as good as Ally, but there again Ally is regarded as the clubs best ever striker.

The point that was asked by Tazza was about Ally also missing many many chances. The day I refer to he missed 5 sitters. And for the record, yes I backed him up & was almost in a fight with my best mate over the abuse he was getting. Now people are trying to re write history.

And of course Morelos has been disappointing this season, no question, but he’s a Rangers player who is trying his best to get to his optimum level again, and today was a step forward for him.
Correct.
That was exactly it.

And some posters don’t understand why Rangers fans want to ignore evidence in front of their eyes to criticise Rangers players unfairly Scotty.

Morelos has struggled this season, but he did a lot of really good things today & his effort was very good.

Could he have had another two goals ?

Very probably, but they weren’t sitters like Goldson’s miss at Hampden or Aribo miss v Sparta.
I thought he should have done much better with his effort at the end of the first half. That for me was a sitter. Not in the Goldson category but a sitter.

However, I'm not part of today's wider debate on the thread.

I was there and the support was totally wrong because Ally proved them wrong.

Spot on Bigwoo.

Ally had a mare that day, but showed fantastic character to come back better than ever & put himself into legendary status at the club.

Why are we all so hard on our own players ? We should use our energies to attack the many enemies of us & our club.

That’s what I do anyway.

I thought he should have done much better with his effort at the end of the first half. That for me was a sitter. Not in the Goldson category but a sitter.

However, I'm not part of today's wider debate on the thread.

Yes, I thought that was poor Bud, no power in it at all. And the one before it where the goalie came out very well, but I thought he should have done a wee dink over him.

That’s from the game, so maybe I’m wrong when I see them again mate.

Sounds more appropriate for your levels of embarrassing pandering to nonsense posters.
The complete irony of what you’ve written is unbelievable.

We have supposed fans absolutely berating our players, yet we have someone who sticks up for them (including me) and you’re having a go at me.

You’re either a troll and supporter of another club too. I guess you thought Hagi was shit again today?

The hysterical comments and vitriol spouted about our players on a match day thread is the embarrassing thing. Go and have a look, they’re not opinions but vitriolic poison. But you crack ahead and support these trolls.

Good that I won’t see you’re reply. Loyaljock, Hahahahahahahaha.

Big Joe MOTM. Outstanding today. Thought we were slow first half but second half was better and game killed off in decent time.

The complete irony of what you’ve written is unbelievable.

We have supposed fans absolutely berating our players, yet we have someone who sticks up for them (including me) and you’re having a go at me.

You’re either a troll and supporter of another club too. I guess you thought Hagi was shit again today?

The hysterical comments and vitriol spouted about our players on a match day thread is the embarrassing thing. Go and have a look, they’re not opinions but vitriolic poison. But you crack ahead and support these trolls.

Good that I won’t see you’re reply. Loyaljock, Hahahahahahahaha.

I really enjoyed today Cromwell, some cracking moves, and lovely interplays.

Even when I’m not at the games I don’t go on the match thread mate.

Just watched the highlights, Buffs goal was an absolute joy, that was vintage Morelos. The younger guys in the team need to take stock of that. There is absolutely no reason why our guys shouldn't be eating SPL defenders for breakfast. He made those 2 CH's look like a couple of big footed bumbling fan dans.

And some posters don’t understand why Rangers fans want to ignore evidence in front of their eyes to criticise Rangers players unfairly Scotty.

Morelos has struggled this season, but he did a lot of really good things today & his effort was very good.

Could he have had another two goals ?

Very probably, but they weren’t sitters like Goldson’s miss at Hampden or Aribo miss v Sparta.
The thing is though I’m classed as a Morelos hater on here when in actual fact I give hagi the most criticism in the team and yet the usual suspects don’t ever class me as a hagi hater.

Some posters can just see no wrong in Morelos and go wae OTT and start dishing out insults when you dare criticise him.

As good as I can remember. Kamara careless a couple of times, sitters missed by Morelos, Sakala and Arfield, but otherwise excellent. Special shout to Barasic who was defensively superb.

Fair enough.

Yes I agree we dominated totally, but in certain parts of the game, like just after h/t for instance the tempo was that wee bit higher.

But this is the kind of debates I prefer post match.
I think it’s being proven by the scum that teams are better off using certain moments in matches to really go for it then take time to take a breather especially when we are so much on top.

we need to make sure Alfie sticks to what he’s good at, being the main striker.

And Lee Griffiths is still a racist paedophile.

Morelos a stand out!!! Sakala was far better than Morelos totoday.
I totally agree with the point Sakala was FAR better than Morelos.

I'm really struggling to see how you could praise Morelos performance today.

The first 10 mins he played stray passes, 2 direct to the opposition, 1 to no one. He looked sluggish and slowed 2 early attacks on the right had side. Then he was out of position on a few occasions for when the ball was delivered in the box. In the second half he was then pulled by Aribo in the for not pressing on to the right sided Center half at a throw in.

For me and plenty others, we love Alfie, but he's just not putting in the effort expected from a Rangers striker....its as simple as that. When he puts in the effort he'll get the praise even when he had off games like today.

You’re ignoring his record in Europe of course aren’t you ? As that’s far better.

Domestically, obviously not as good as Ally, but there again Ally is regarded as the clubs best ever striker.

The point that was asked by Tazza was about Ally also missing many many chances. The day I refer to he missed 5 sitters. And for the record, yes I backed him up & was almost in a fight with my best mate over the abuse he was getting. Now people are trying to re write history.

And of course Morelos has been disappointing this season, no question, but he’s a Rangers player who is trying his best to get to his optimum level again, and today was a step forward for him.
Morelos and McCoists European record are not comparable. Its as simple as that. The reasons are obvious and relation to in competition restructure.

Morelos and McCoists European record are not comparable. Its as simple as that. The reasons are obvious and relation to in competition restructure.

I take it you mean Morelos was clearly better ?

We’ve had the clubs they scored all of their goals against last year, and Morelos has added 4 since then.

So pleased for Barasic played his best for awhile so I gave him my motm though could have been Aribo or Bassey whom is getting better more he plays! Well done Alfie some good switch passes and scores, watching it, it was a goal he had no right to score but he fought for it! Bravo the guys played well!

I take it you mean Morelos was clearly better ?

We’ve had the clubs they scored all of their goals against last year, and Morelos has added 4 since then.
No....I posted a break down a while back.

Allys performances came over 15 seasons across Europe.

Alfie has already played more European matches than Ally, which is ridiculous having only been at the club since 2017-18 season.

Alfie bagged 14 in 17 games during his "purple patch" during 1st half of 2019-20 when he was hungry, determined and quite simply a sensational finisher.

Ally had several purple patches over his 15 years at the club including as you doubt know 2 European Golden Boots.....over those periods, Ally only had 54 European matches, an average of 3.6 European games per season. Arguably, against higher calibar opposition at later stages in the competition. Therefore Ally had to maintain a sensational European return every season to have a far better record.

Looking at Alfie, 14 of his goals came from a 6 month spell.

Had Ally had the opportunity of 17 European games with many qualifiers against lesser sides then I'm sure Ally would have been able to rack up a sizeable tally over his record of 21.

As I said it's Alfies record for sure but it's just not comparable due to the changing dynamics of the competitions structure.

Early days but absolutely loving this Giovanni van Bronckhorst way of playing football.

What a difference. Hungry, aggressive, dominant, disciplined, organised. Nothing fancy, not over coached or asking the players to do stuff that doesn’t suit their game and he looks the absolute dogs bollocks on the technical area.

That could and should have been double figures today. Men vs. Boys. Referee was appalling, if he had actually referred the game properly, Dundee would have had to come out their shell and our near on 30 efforts at goal would have been double that.

I really enjoyed today Cromwell, some cracking moves, and lovely interplays.

Even when I’m not at the games I don’t go on the match thread mate.
Likewise Grigo. Hagi had some excellent touches that few of our players could pull off. He had a good game for me. We played well all over the park.

What’s noticeable is we are hitting more shots form outside the area although the keeper had some great saves and our decision making was wrong in final third passing when we should shoot and vice versa.

Sakala is giving us something different with his pace too. He is going to end up a very good player for us. Wright looks to have been lifted too with GVB.

No one could’ve argued if we won by 6 or 7 today.

Likewise Grigo. Hagi had some excellent touches that few of our players could pull off. He had a good game for me. We played well all over the park.

What’s noticeable is we are hitting more shots form outside the area although the keeper had some great saves and our decision making was wrong in final third passing when we should shoot and vice versa.

Sakala is giving us something different with his pace too. He is going to end up a very good player for us. Wright looks to have been lifted too with GVB.

No one could’ve argued if we won by 6 or 7 today.

Agree Cromwell.

I said similar to you, if it had been 5/6 it would have shown the gulf more fairly.

Agree Cromwell.

I said similar to you, if it had been 5/6 it would have shown the gulf more fairly.
What was noticeable from Dundee was that they had a few players who absolutely ran themselves into the ground with the effort they put in (10,17 and I think it was 18), they chased everything as if their lives depended on it.

Pretty much in the same way as the game at their dump.

I could bet that the same guys don’t exert anywhere near the same commitment when they play their favourites, as the humping from the east end galacticos showed.

Dundee are now celtcs bitches in every way.

What was noticeable from Dundee was that they had a few players who absolutely ran themselves into the ground with the effort they put in (10,17 and I think it was 18), they chased everything as if their lives depended on it.

Pretty much in the same way as the game at their dump.

I could bet that the same guys don’t exert anywhere near the same commitment when they play their favourites, as the humping from the east end galacticos showed.

Dundee are now celtcs bitches in every way.

Funny.

There are a lot of real tims in there, that’s for sure.

Did anyone get a picture of the banner in broomie front today, couldn’t make it out at the time started with “mixed “ but unfolded before camera got it

No....I posted a break down a while back.

Allys performances came over 15 seasons across Europe.

Alfie has already played more European matches than Ally, which is ridiculous having only been at the club since 2017-18 season.

Alfie bagged 14 in 17 games during his "purple patch" during 1st half of 2019-20 when he was hungry, determined and quite simply a sensational finisher.

Ally had several purple patches over his 15 years at the club including as you doubt know 2 European Golden Boots.....over those periods, Ally only had 54 European matches, an average of 3.6 European games per season. Arguably, against higher calibar opposition at later stages in the competition. Therefore Ally had to maintain a sensational European return every season to have a far better record.

Looking at Alfie, 14 of his goals came from a 6 month spell.

Had Ally had the opportunity of 17 European games with many qualifiers against lesser sides then I'm sure Ally would have been able to rack up a sizeable tally over his record of 21.

As I said it's Alfies record for sure but it's just not comparable due to the changing dynamics of the competitions structure.
Thats just the way it is and will be written for generations to come and only if they dig deeper and widespread they can come to their own conclusions and I would hope the historians of the future do this to get a fuller picture?

Should've been 7 or 8.

Some amount of chances created.

Tbh Scumdee keeper was motm with some worldwide saves.

The sex offender should've been sent off.

Now onto Thursday to become the Kings of Lyon again!

'In what world'?

His mis passes for one. His mis control twice, for two. One in which he lucky to escape a booking. Even he looked forlorn, a couple of times, when some things he tried especially in the first half, didn't come off. It happens.
Had a better second half.
His touch deserted him today.

Don't blame me.
He set the high standard!

I just looked for his stats and on two online pages. One has him second last, just above Goldson.
The other had him higher than anyone else!

Including Joe Aribo. Who scored one, and made the second.
And whom I believe was given Sponsors MOTM?

I give up!

Last edited:
Barasic MOTM again for me, Aribo different class but big BB is rejuvenated and his defensive qualities have been on show lately. I think once we get truly settled and stretch away from the 19th Century Terrorist bastards we will be more adventurous and see his overlap threat added to his defensive game. Really exciting time for that group of players to improve and develop! Fucking loving life at the moment, roll on Lyon

Barasic MOTM again for me, Aribo different class but big BB is rejuvenated and his defensive qualities have been on show lately. I think once we get truly settled and stretch away from the 19th Century Terrorist bastards we will be more adventurous and see his overlap threat added to his defensive game. Really exciting time for that group of players to improve and develop! Fucking loving life at the moment, roll on Lyon

Back