MOTM Poll Rangers v Dunfermline - 19:30 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit more like it even if the opposition were poor some really good performances from the likes of Bassey.

Hopefully the negative ones will have a few days off now until Thursday comes around.

A very useful run out for Kamara, Hagi (other than taking a bit of a knock in the first half), Aribo (best when playing further forward) and Roofe. Roofe scoring was great and gives us a bit more variety up front again. Very good 90 minutes for the 2 young fullbacks. There's a strong argument that neither would be a worse option than the 2 who started on Tuesday. Disappointed that Kelly didnt get more time - bringing on Arfield was baffling in a game like that. I'm not surprised or disappointed that Helander didnt start but Itten not being involved at all should probably be the final nail in his Rangers career coffin. Club needs to move him on because we clearly dont want what he offers and he needs a move for the good of his own career.

Roofe Aribo Hagi Morelos and Wright. Some options we have up the top feel like a broken record but when they all click there will be no stopping us.

Good performance but make no mistake this Dunfermline team were rudderless & and inept of any ideas whatsoever. Poor management but not unexpected from the grunt!

Great to watch, makes your weekend very enjoyable after the last 10 days, my nails won't suffer as well, this is exactly what everybody needed.

That was better! Hopefully it gives the players some confidence for a big few weeks ahead.
Patterson, Hagi and Bassey were excellent.

That was brilliant. Well done to all the players tonight. But especially Bassey and Patterson who are surely breathing right down the necks of their competition now

Bassey, Hagi, Roofe, Aribo, Wright, Kamara, Patterson all outstanding.

Lundstram still looks a bit off the pace, a few times his reactions were too slow, or you could see he tried the right pass but the weight was wrong. Encouraged though, think he's going to come good in time.

Goldson a few mistakes but led the team well and helped drive us forward.

Simpson still has some way to go, unfortunately.

McLaughlin did fine, little to do.

Enjoyable performance.

I don't think we played enough jobber teams in pre-season to get our rhythm going.

It will be interesting to see if Bassey has earned a start for next Thursday.

Premier sports can kiss my ass.
”The run of defeats are over”.
Craigan always looking for the positives in the opposition and how they can break down Rangers defence and the negative with every Rangers player when a stray pass gets played.
It‘s fucking draining listening to them.

The interesting thing will be who keeps their place after tonight.

Both full backs made strong claims, and I think we have to find a way of getting Alfie and Roofe in the same team.

Slight moan from me is I would have rather put on Kelly before Arfield with the game won. Plus Itten not even getting on tonight or on Tuesday tells me he doesn’t have a future with us.

Good performance tonight. They kept the intensity up for the full game, which is exactly what we needed to see. Much quicker moving the ball in the final third too. Yes, it was Dunfermline, but the application levels were exactly what we needed and exactly what we’ve not seen recently.

You’ve got to wonder what Itten needs to do to get minutes.

Kamara outstanding. Bossed it in the middle and shouldn’t have been subbed. Would’ve been good to see Kelly on beside him instead of Arfield. Aribo, Bassey and Roofe all exceptional too. Lundstram done well. Patterson excellent.

We can’t let any of them go.

A bit of fun.

Could be argued that the jerseys now belong to Bassey, Patterson, Aribo, Wright, Roofe, Kamara and Hagi.

Lovely football. Bassey, Hagi and Patterson have given the gaffer something to think about. The ‘first team’ players have to show him something in training to get in the team again.

That was brilliant. Well done to all the players tonight. But especially Bassey and Patterson who are surely breathing right down the necks of their competition now
Agree. Tav never cuts inside when he's near the box. Nathan has no fear and will cut inside with pace and poses a real threat. Tav's style is too predictable for me.

Decent performance from us. The young lads at full back on either side, Patterson and Bassey, being the highlights for me. Glen Kamara in midfield was outstanding and lifted those around him. Hagi played some exquisite stuff in the final third which is where I want him doing his work. Joe Aribo swapping position with him when Hagi went off on 70 mins had some fantastic touches/flicks in and around the box.

Our football was too good for Championship Dunfermline and we need to keep that in mind where they are but its was a decent outing for the team in match conditions. Young Kelly came on with very little time left and I was impressed with his command in the middle of the park. On the ball he was sharp and accurate and off the ball he was directing the senior players around him. IMO thats the mark of a player. My man of the match with two assists in the first half Calvin 'Bass' Bassey absolutely excellent from the big fella.

Man of the match: Bassey

Patterson, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Wright and Roofe were also top class. Lundstram is settling in nicely.

Collum and both linesmen were utterly abysmal tonight. The “offsides” that were given against us were ridiculous in the extreme. Collum did his part too by ignoring two stick on penalty appeals and ignoring clear red card challenges by the hammer throwers late in the game. Deprive this we were magnificent and swatted away the lower league opposition at a canter

Agree. Tav never cuts inside when he's near the box. Nathan has no fear and will cut inside with pace and poses a real threat. Tav's style is too predictable for me.
Always a bit scared to say too much on the subject these days since anything RE Tav that isn’t positive tends to attract the lynch mob. But players need to feel like their position is under threat and if Bassey and Patterson continue to play well Tav and Borna should find their positions under real threat.

Back